ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:54 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: This board just saved me
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 12:47 pm 

The other day my fiance got a package from fed-ex, enclosed were 4 postal money orders for $950.00 each. We had no clue where they had come from so we just held on to them til we could figure it out. Then my fiance remembered talking to some girl in Africa on yahoo who said she needed to send him something so he could send it back her. So we began to do some researching, after stumbling upon this board, and reading all the other similar stories, i realized they were fakes. When I went to the postal money orders web site, all the things they said to look for were there, the water mark, security thread, etc..... but something about the serial numbers being sequental alerted me. Thank you to all who have posted there stories on this board, if it wasn't for you , my fiance and I would be in a world full of trouble. I'm only 21 and can't imagine going through all of the things that some of you have went through. We are taking the money orders and the envelope they came in up to the post office tonight. I just can't thank you all enough!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 1:00 pm 

You are very welcome..... the goal of this board is to educate and if possible prevent more people from becoming victims of scams. 8)

Post subject: Re: This board just saved me
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 1:38 pm 
Gold Member

nothingcreative512 wrote:
The other day my fiance got a package from fed-ex, enclosed were 4 postal money orders for $950.00 each. We had no clue where they had come from so we just held on to them til we could figure it out. Then my fiance remembered talking to some girl in Africa on yahoo who said she needed to send him something so he could send it back her. So we began to do some researching, after stumbling upon this board, and reading all the other similar stories, i realized they were fakes. When I went to the postal money orders web site, all the things they said to look for were there, the water mark, security thread, etc..... but something about the serial numbers being sequental alerted me. Thank you to all who have posted there stories on this board, if it wasn't for you , my fiance and I would be in a world full of trouble. I'm only 21 and can't imagine going through all of the things that some of you have went through. We are taking the money orders and the envelope they came in up to the post office tonight. I just can't thank you all enough!

Have a firm word with your fiance about giving out his/your personal details to any Tom, Dick or Harry, male or female, that he encounters on the internet.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 10:34 pm 
We have stopped $10,000 worth of bad USPS money orders in the last 2 weeks at my work.

We found one deposit, place a hold on the money, one hour later the lady came in to get the money, we saved her a $5,000 dollar loss.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 11:00 pm 

Another successful save! Good job armac! :wink: