ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Money Order
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:48 pm 
can anybody explain to me how safe Money Order is. How can things go wrong and how can i make it saferr

THANKS

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 12:54 pm 
i am about to send 200$ in money order and i dont know the guy personally so i want to make sure it get the item securly.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:23 pm 
help?!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 3:24 pm 
this isnt the best place to ask for help, Sha

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 6:31 pm 

Sha what are you sending the money order for? Are you sure you wont get ripped off by this guy? If I were you I would be very cautious and if you send it do so by certified mail return receipt with a tracking number thorugh the postal system. keep that with the receipt for the money order together should he not deliver if its product you ordered.

Post subject: Postal Money Order Scam
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 3:52 pm 

Good Day all,
I ran accross this "Scam" last week. It looks official, but the Postal Money order is fake and the source code is not from the USPS. Hopefully by putting this out I can help others who might have been taken in by this latest scam. BTW, the FedEx spoken of in this email is billed to the sender (me), so not only would I have been out a Server, but the shipping from Pa to Ca as well.

Take Care,
Mike Riojas

Dear Mike Riojas,
Thanks, for using postal money order,your money is $1000:00 for a "SGI Deskside Origin 2000",and the money was paid in by Mr Amos Olutoye.
We would like you to know that your money with the money order would be delivered to you in 3 -5 business days time.
Below is the address where the postal order will be sent to:

Mike Riojas
810 Mill Grove Dr.
Audubon, Pa. 19403- United States

This is the sample of the postal money order

Postal Money Orders are a safe, convenient, and economical alternative to sending cash through the mail. They can be purchased from any Post Office in the United States as well as from any rural route carrier. Postal Money Orders are available up to $1,000 with a daily limit of $10,000 per customer. A current government-issued or state-issued picture identification is required for money order purchases over $3000 in a single day. Other features include:
"Domestic Money Orders"
*Purchase with cash, debit card, or traveler's check
*Valid for an unlimited period
* Can be cashed at any Post Office or can be deposited or negotiated at your financial institution
*Replace damaged, lost, or stolen money orders.
Thank you for using postal money order. We look forward to serving your online payment needs in the future.
HERE IS THE PRINTER-FRIENDLY VERSION WHICH YOU CAN PRINT OUT

Printer-Friendly Version
Order Status:
Auction Payments Order Available
AVAILABLE

Order Status
postal Order Available

Paypal Order Approved
postal Order Confirmed

Billing Information:

Processed successfully

Card Type
MasterCard

Card Number
5***********5643

Exp. Date
9/2009

Name on Card
Amos Olutoye

Street Address
125 oak drive

City, State, Zip
West palm beach

Country
USa

Services Purchased
ItemAmount
$1000.00

Shipping Fee
$00.00

Total Amount posted to card
$1000.00
Item Unit
1 Unit
Purchased Item Information:

Auction site
Craigslist.org
Telephone #
None

Item description
SGI Deskside Origin 2000

Seller Information:

Name
Mike Riojas

Email Address of the seller
riojas_ranch@verizon.net

Address:
810 Mill Grove Dr.

city,zip code:
Audubon, 19403

State
PA

USA

===============================================
N.B

NOTE THAT THE USPS MONEY ORDER WILL NOT GET TO YOUR RESIDENT UNTIL THE SHIPMENT TRACKING NUMBER IS SENT TO US FOR SHIPMENT VERIFICATION IN OTHER TO SECURE BOTH THE SELLER AND THE BUYER.

And if you have any question, feel free to contact us at.(uspostal_customercare@post.com)
Signed:
Mr Mac.F.Brown

** Cashier **® USPS MONEY ORDER

-As always, thank you for your business
Thank you for using USA POSTAL MONEY ORDER ® Auction Payments. We look forward serving your online auction payment needs in the future.

Sincerely,
Postal Money Order.

REPLY TO THIS EMAIL. IF YOU HAVE QUESTIONS PLEASE
uspostal_customercare@post.com

--

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 12:04 am 

Thank you for your informative post. Money Orders just like checks can go through an ink washing process and can be altered by those who know what they are doing. They can also be duplicated to look real. As far as the question on how safe they are? There is not one form of payment totally 100% safe. If a thief wants to duplicate it or forge it they will find a way.

Educate yourselves, the USPS site does have information on what to look for on the various types of money orders when you receive them. From hidden images to ink color, to font type to paper color variations etc. You just have to dig on the site a little bit to find it but the information is there.

The more informed we consumers are the less we will take for granted what used to be safe. We will look for what should and should not be there and run more on suspicious until proven legit mode.