There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:35 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: counterfeit school checks -now I'm only one reliable
PostPosted: Sat Oct 22, 2005 5:09 pm 

Dear Friends,

I hope my story can help someone today. I been scammed in dec.2004. So be careful during the coming holidays all of you. Delete all unknown emails during those times especially. Anyway, I met an Hong Kong man in Aug.2004 on the internet who said that he was working at a bank and needed my help in becoming his next-of-kin to a close friend who died on the war. He wanted me to open up an international account.(5,000 min)and it was legal in China. I told him I can't help because I did not have any funds. So he pleaded me to ask my family and friend. I told him that no one I know has that kind of money.
So in Dec. he said he found whom he just meet a friend in the internet who can help me with the funds and I'll pay him back. A GA man sent me a cert. school check of 4,500 and 4,200 in different days. I put in my bank, cashed one of it next day, and wired it to another business GA man days after according to the HK man directions. My reward was 30% of his friend's money and free legal attorney after all was done. The following week I deposited the other check, took it out, wired it again, no problems at all. I was feeling the excitement of helping someone in return of a reward.The GA man was supposed to fly to meet the HK and get paper work for me to sign, as well as opening an international account.
Then that following week , the credit union manager said that those checks were fraudulent and now I'm a criminal. While those guys had a party with the money during the holidays. I panicked. I cried. I prayed. I had a terrible christmas. I was so afraid I was going to do jail time. I was frustrated because I thought I asked alot of questions to these business men before agreeing to this.
I immed. went to the fraud officer in my area and showed and told my story. But the fraud officer said he cannot stop the actions of the bank. He finally believed me after many gruling hours of questions. Now, I been sued and a judgement is pending. Pray for me and anyone who knows what to do please advise me as well. Also my lawyer says the bank is not liable even though they failed to notify me as least one check was fraudulent. It's not fair. I never stolen in my life or intended to. Where is the justice in this? I feel I'm a victim twice. I have no one to help me through this except the Lord. Any advice I will appreciate. Thanks!