ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 2:53 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: POSTAL M/O SCAM ANSWERS (REVISION)
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 10:18 am 

I'M A RECENT VICTIM INVOLVEING A RELATIONSHIP ATTACHED WITH THE SCAM. HAVE YOU HEARD OF ANY CASES THAT WHEN YOU LEVEL WITH THE THE "SWEET GIRL" THAT GOT YOUR CASH. SHE KEEPS IN CLOSE CONTACT AND INSISTS IT WAS A MISTAKE???
IT JUST DOESN'T MAKE SENSE? SHE HAS TOLD ME THAT THE THIRD PARTY HAS BEEN REPORTED TO HER AUTHORITY'S THAT THEY ARE SUEING HIM, AND THAT HE IS GOING TO COMPENSATE.
WHY WOULD SHE WANT TO KEEP OUR SO CALLED LOVE AFFAIR GOING AND SPEND HOURS CHATTING AND TRYING TO IRON THINGS OUT??
I IMFORMED HER THAT I FILED REPORTS WITH THE FBI AND SHE IS TRYING TO GET THE INVESTORS IMFO SO THAT WE CAN FLANK HIM.
IS IT POSSIBLE THAT HE IS TRYING TO SCAM HER ALSO???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 11:01 am 
She is just toying with you, she (or he, most likely) has no job outside of fraud, they will try to get more money from you soon.

Post subject: scammer
PostPosted: Wed Aug 24, 2005 7:09 pm 

My scammer did the same thing and chatted for months afterwards trying to get more money or me to ship more merchandise to him. At the time I thought the same thing you did, but you see they are getting away with these crimes. They feel safe as can be, so why n ot keep in contact.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:07 pm 

Simply ignore these people do not answer emails, in fact block their email addresses.

If you are opening emails from these people you need to immediately run the following on your system:

1. Anti Virus

2. Anti Trojan detector

3. Spyware Detector

4. Install a firewall like zone alarm

Emails from these people with complementary viruses, once invoked they can clean your drive of account access information, credit card information and other sensitive data.

When you continually communicate with these people, you place yourself at risk also of Identity Theft should they get info off of your computer. Simply IGNORE them.

Post subject: scams
PostPosted: Sat Aug 27, 2005 9:49 pm 

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/9073949/

Here is an interesting article- seems a famous record producer was in the midst of a Nigerian scam.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Aug 28, 2005 5:21 pm 

Yes I came across this the other night , I am outraged at the fact that this man is being treated like he is on planet looney. I happen to know of another case recently where the scammers threatened a woman and her children if she did not continue to cash checks for them. What the hell is the matter with the police that they know about these scams and how dangerous these people can be that they dismiss this man as looney tunes?

This whole thing makes me sick as heck! Someone please enlighten these people.