ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Been scammed...
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:22 am 

Recently there was an offer on ebay that seemed too good to be true. It was a psp for 125 and I went through on the offer. Later it was removed by ebay because of reasons they could not reveal. I had paid for the order already through paypal, using my moms credit card and was suppose to be receiving a refund. I talked to the person about it and he said it was a misunderstanding and we should receive a refund. I asked if he was still selling them. He was and we made a deal outside of ebay. I had the feeling that me and my mom could go in to this with nothing to lose since we might be able to track the order but now its seeming that we've been scammed. We never tracked the order and no word from the guy who was suppose to send the system. I sent the money order last tuesday and sent him an email about it but he hasn't responded. And we haven't received a refund from pay pal yet. Anyone know what I can do?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:57 am 
So you paid once with a credit card and then again with a money order?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 11:39 am 

yup. I'm going to contact paypal about the credit card because they sent me an email as well about the guy and the payment.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 12:12 pm 
Did the person cantact you on the second chance bid or completely out of the ebay system?

You should be able to recover your money on the credit card order, your money order purchase will most likely not be recoverable.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 1:58 pm 

I talked with him about the second chance. He never brought it up. The ebay thing should be recoverable. But theres no way of getting the money order back? I mean we can't send cops after or something?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:29 pm 

JL- The cops will not go after this, the amount lost is too minimal.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 2:30 pm 
Is it close by you? Getting cops to move on someone from another state over 150 dollars will not be easy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 8:44 pm 

JL- if you sent the money order within the United States you can go to the Post Master and formulate a mail fraud complaint. If they can verify the address as real that it was sent to , they will alert the local police in that area to the scam. Now whether they do anything will be the question but the post master will at least make a report and find out if the address was a real address that it was sent to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2005 10:16 pm 

Well the guy is in alabama and I'm in tx. His email is on bellsouth. But we'll see what happens. I can't let this go with out doing anything about this though or at least trying to make an effort.

KarynSolo wrote:
JL- 0if you sent the money order within the United States you can go to the Post Master and formulate a mail fraud complaint. If they can verify the address as real that it was sent to , they will alert the local police in that area to the scam. Now whether they do anything will be the question but the post master will at least make a report and find out if the address was a real address that it was sent to.

I will actually try this

thanks for the help and suggestions ya'll