ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:22 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fraud please help me
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:01 pm 
Hi, I don't know if anyone can help me get this out to the people, I recieved a e-mail from a spanish lottery saying that I won $ 100,000.00 US. I cound'nt believe that I had won this money, I was so excited and so were my kids, I sent them the information that they requested, and they sent me back a certificate of award showing that I had indeed won this money. I forwarded this certificate as I was instructed to do, to a african insurance company, who is suppose to have been holding my money. And to make this even more convincing, these people have a web site for the lottery, and bank. A couple of days later, I get this e-amil This person is asking me for money, in order to have them release my winnings I must pay charges for them holding my money. It was at this point I started to wonder if this was true, so I started searching the web, and came up with some scam sites. I really did'nt wanna believe that these people had lied and were trying to scam me, they had me believing that this was true, I was even looking at buying a small house here in Quesnel as properties are cheap . I still have'nt even told my children that I believe I was scammed, they were excited and thinking not only can we buy our house but we can afford a pool table. To a person who had to quit her job for medical reasons, this was a dream come true. But it was'nt my lies that have left us empty. These people now have my name and address, so now I am afraid. And it really does'nt matter to me if people think I was stupid or a fool, It is my hope that by sending this out to as many people as I can, that just maybe I can stop this from happening to someone else and having there lives turned up side down, and leaving them empty and untrusting. Find attached the e-mail and certificate, please help me to stop this from happening to someone else.
Anyone who can help me inform people and try and stop this from happening to anyone else, can reach me at these e-mail addresses.
Thank-you
J. B.
E-mail: mz_julie_anne
Email: julie1_465@hotmail.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:14 pm 

Let me guess you gave them your social security number, your date of birth, drivers license information etc? You had better be monitoring your credit from now on and if you gave them a checking account number close that account and open a new one NOW!. They have all they need to do damage if you do not take protective measures, what could be possibly diverted could lead to financial disaster big time.

Whatever info you gave them, contact those agencies and tell them what happened and have a fraud alert put on your records. Have an alert put on all 3 credit bureaus too.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:00 am 
Gold Member

Hi Julie Anne

Can you please forward to me all information you have on the lottery and the bank so we can start the process of closing them down before anyone else gets scammed.

old_coaster@419legal.org

Post subject: new here
PostPosted: Wed Jun 15, 2005 3:31 pm 

I am new here.

I finally realized that i have been scammed... and I am hurting big time.

but as far as Western Union goes.... I was talking to the FBI and the secret service about Western Union.

Some of my western union wires went to Houston Texas, so i thought great maybe they can be caught.... well guess again.
this money can be rerouted to anywhere.... and they can pick it up anyhwere.

My contact had a 713 area code which was HOuston Texas, well guess what he could be anywhere with that cell phone from TEXAS.

I am new to this forum. I am lost and sick over this...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2005 2:32 pm 

Sherri, can you explain how you were scammed, was it a counterfeit check scam?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2005 12:06 am 

Yes Sherri a western union can be sent say to Texas and be picked up in Nigeria. Western union is a worldwide service that is part of the problem the other part is they are unwilling to let people make it a must to be picked up in the city in which it was sent to.

Western Union can tell you though where the money was actually picked up, I would suggest asking them, I bank on it being in another country. They helped this guy scroo you, make them do some work to let you know where your money went at least.

I know you are sick over this, not one victim of a scam isnt and it is normal and natural for you to feel this way. Do you owe a bank over this mess? how much do you owe? what are they saying to you right now?