ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:16 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Newspaper Classified Jeep Wrangler Scam--------please share.
PostPosted: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:08 pm 

This ad was placed in the Free Lance Star, Newspaper, Fredericksburg, Va. on 06/28/2011, under 4x4 trucks for sale..
JEEP '89 WRANGLER,
YJ Sahara 4x4, automatic, 55k miles,
$2200. www.jeepw89.tk
call 855-778-3310

Google check reveals the same vehicle for sale since 2007, see www.jeep89.tk, same ad diff contact email.
See this site: http://www.sell.com/25GXWK same jeep.

THIS THE RESPONSE I RECEIVED BY EMAIL, AFTER I EMAILED THEM FOR MORE INFORMATION:

Subject: Re: Ref. your jeep
Date: 6/28/2011 1:23:34 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time

Hi, final and total price I'm asking for my jeep is $2,200 which is a fair price and I'm sure I will sell it fast so whoever will reply sooner and accept the price and the terms will be the next owner. I have bought and sold online a couple of atvs, another car and a motorcycle. I'm a business woman and a single mother and I always use Yahoo Autos service for sellers. It's a very easy, fast and safe way to sell or buy vehicles online while you're taking care of your family and business as usual. I have a Yahoo Autos seller account and I can use the Yahoo Autos service for sellers to start a transaction online in a matter of minutes and we don't have to pay for their fees because the service is already included in my Yahoo Autos listing free of charge plus they have a great customer service. This is how it works. I will start the transaction online and Yahoo Autos will contact you shortly after that with further instructions. You will be required to send the payment - $2,200 to Yahoo Autos. They will verify and hold the payment in trust. I will ship the Jeep to your address. The Jeep will be shipped from Seattle using DAS Dependable Auto Shippers company. I like them because they ship cars in enclosed trailer which is nice. I also have a DAS gift coupon with many miles remaining(for being a regular customer) which I can use to ship it to you so we won't pay anything for shipping. The Jeep will be delivered to your address in a few days and you will have 10 business days for test drive and pre-purchase inspection by a qualified mechanic or local dealership. You will pay $100 for inspection. For test drive, a route that includes hills, bumps and potholes will make you fall in love with this Jeep. You will receive the clear title and bill of sale along with the Jeep so after inspection period ends and you decide to purchase it you simply register it in your name. You will have to confirm your purchase and Yahoo Autos will release the funds to me. This transaction will be free of charge for you, just like a test drive when you buy only after you are 100% positive you like it. You will not send the payment to me, instead you will send the payment to Yahoo Autos, they will hold the payment in trust and after you have received and inspected the jeep you will confirm the purchase with Yahoo Autos so they can release the funds to me. So if you want to purchase it or just want to test drive and decide after that than I will need the following details from you so I can start the Yahoo Autos transaction:

- your full name(first middle and last)
- your shipping address(street and zip code)
- your phone number(home or cell)
- your Yahoo ID or Yahoo email address

If you don't have a Yahoo ID or Yahoo email address than go to Yahoo.com and click <Sign Up>.

Regards, Mary