ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:08 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: CHINA/BAHAMAS-Prudent Trust Bank
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 12:54 pm 
The following letter was sent to me. I was in turn routed to a financial institution of their choice. The first bank they routed me to open up an offshore-online account was, Falkirks in the Channel Islands. I was then told that they charged to much tax and was re-routed to open up an offshore online account with Prudent Trust Limited in Nassau, Bahamas. The amount that was needed to open up was a minimum of $15,000. I told them to come up with at leaset $5,000 and I would come up with the rest. They did. I was told to deposit funds in "their" account and it was routed through the DEUTSCHE BANK COMPANY AMERICAS, NEW YORK.
I was asked to pay more-$107,000 to validate and certify funds that were to be deposited into the account. I told them that I could not get that kind of money. They said okay-told me to "officially" close the account and said that they would send back my $10,000 to the account.

This process has taken approximately, 2 and a half months. I recently received another e-mail asking me to get involved again, only now it is in Canada.....anybody have thoughts regarding the Canadian Banks that will be used?

WING HANG BANK LTD
253-259 Castle Peak Road,
Cheung Sha Wan,
Kowloon,
Hong Kong.

I am Mr.Liu Jiankai, credit officer of Wing Hang Bank
Ltd. I have an urgent and very confidential business
proposition for you.

On August 6, 1999, a British consultant/contractor
with the Chinese Solid Minerals Corporation, Mr.
Philip Brian a British citizen made a numbered
time (Fixed)Deposit for twelve calendar months, valued
at
US$38,000,000.00 (Thirty-eight Million Dollars only)
in my branch. Upon maturity,I sent a routine
notification to his forwarding address but got no
reply.

After a month, we sent a reminder and finally we
discovered from his contract employers, the Hong
Kong Solid Minerals Corporation that Mr. Philip Brian
died from a boat mishap. On further investigation,I
found out that he died without making a WILL,
and all attempts totrace his next of kin was
fruitless.

I therefore made further investigation and
discovered that Mr. Philip Brian did not declare any
kin or relations in all his official documents,
including his Bank Deposit paperwork in my
Bank. This sum of US$38,000,000.00 is still sitting
in my Bank and the interest is being rolled
over with the principal sum at the end of each year.
No one will ever come forward to claim it.
According to Laws of Hong Kong, at the expiration of
5 (five) years, the money will revert to
the ownership of the Hong Kong Government if nobody
applies to claim the fund.

Consequently, my proposal is that I will like you as
a foreigner to stand in as the next of kin to Mr.
Philip Brian so that the fruits of this old
man's labor will not get into the hands of some
corrupt government officials.This is simple, I
will like you to provide immediately your full
names and address so that the attorney will
prepare the
necessary documents and affidavits that will put you
in place as the next of kin.

The money will be paid into your account for us to
share in the ratio of 65% for me and 30% for you and
5% for Expenses Incurred in the course of
the transaction . There is no risk at all as all the
paperwork for this transaction will be
done by the attorney and with my position as the
credit officer guarantees the successful
execution of this transaction.

Upon your response, I shall then provide you with
more details and relevant documents that will help
you understand the transaction.

Please send me your confidential telephone and fax
numbers for easy communication. You should observe
utmost
confidentiality, and rest assured that this
transaction would be most profitable for both of us
because I shall require your assistance to invest my
share in your country.
Hope to hear from you soon.

Sincerely
Mr.Liu Jiankai

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 1:06 pm 
You know this is a scam right, why are you sending money off-shores?

Post subject: ROYAL bLUE
PostPosted: Mon Jun 07, 2004 2:04 pm 

Mr. Guest-
I know that this is a scam NOW. At the time there was sensitive information that was passed on to me, which could have been from partial identity theft regarding past government personnel records. I am at this time well aware of this scam. Thank you for your input.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 10:03 am 
so did you get back your $10,000 that you deposited in the account, or is that still outstanding?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:44 pm 
aj wrote:
so did you get back your $10,000 that you deposited in the account, or is that still outstanding?

I have not received any of the $10,000 back. I was told to recall the funds through the sending bank if it is not back by weeks end. I will let everyone know. I still have contact with these people. I have now been instructed to go to Cananda to receive the funds. I am very interested to see what "requirements" there will be for that. :roll:

Post subject: CANADA
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 1:47 pm 
I am interested to know if anyone knows much about how Canadian Banks are used or what "fake banks" I should say are used to purport this scam. Thanks for any info on the subject.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 08, 2004 2:32 pm 

Royal Blue, you may want to read the following attachment, I think if you are looking to pin point a fake bank it will be difficult, anyone can make it look like they are a real bank.... see the article

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/3078446/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 12:09 am 
sunrayz99 wrote:
Royal Blue, you may want to read the following attachment, I think if you are looking to pin point a fake bank it will be difficult, anyone can make it look like they are a real bank.... see the article

http://msnbc.msn.com/id/3078446/

Thank you for referencing the article. It was very informative. I have been instructed to physically go to Canada and take possession of the moneys. I have heard that sometimes there is actually a check issued and then the person finds out that the funds are recalled because there really isn't any funds. Some have spent some of the moneys that are released by the banks and end up having to pay it back.....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:42 am 

Royal, I would not recommend you going overseas to a bank to try to collect monies, I know you want the 10k back, but these people are dangerous!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 1:16 pm 
sunrayz99 wrote:
Royal, I would not recommend you going overseas to a bank to try to collect monies, I know you want the 10k back, but these people are dangerous!

Thank you Sunrayz99 for your concern. It is valued. I do not plan on going to Canada to collect any moneys. I have recalled the 10k funds from the receiving bank to be put back into the sending bank on my end. We will see how that goes. I am not expecting this to happen mind you, however if it did that would be nice. I have been instructed to go to Canada to receive the large funding, and then put it into a bank in the U.S. I know that sounds so far fetched. I am former law enforcement and I do know that people like this are "bad news" I am interested however in finding out how they plan on making any moneys off of me if I am not going to give them any. Any thoughts...... I really thank everyone for their opinions. It has been a great eyeopener regarding this scam.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:33 pm 

They will keep on you until they exhaust their resources, if that means recycling your name and email address or physical address information on to others who may be more experienced etc etc. They are great actors and come up with tons of crap on the fly , be alert and trust none of them.

If your former law enforcement might try to contact the canadian royal mounted police and talk to them cop to cop so to speak. See what they can dig up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 11:35 am 
Thanks for all of the interest. I am still wondering who out there that has been involved in any scams, have received passport pictures. Fake or not, I would like to know. I would like to compare notes so to speak. The more information the better. Especially if I am to give any of it to law enforcement.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 1:14 pm 

Royal, check with the guys at 419eater.com, they mess with scammers all day, someone there might have some passport photos, etc...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 11:57 pm 
Thanks Sunrayz- I took your advice and checked out that website. How interesting.

Post subject: Trust no one in Canada
PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2005 11:23 pm 
It is important that you be careful for these people may give you a cashiers check that is no good. Also some ask for a fee off the top which you will have to repay the bank. The more info. you give them then you will get more scam stuff more eachday. I am a Minister of Christ and have been robbed once by these types of crooks. It is very hard to get your funds back so do be careful. There are many fake banks on the internet so it can be used to hurt you. I suggest you use our country's Embassey to try to get the bank to work thru them to protect your hard earned money. Amen........ :-) God bless you. Do not do as I because I have not worked in over a year due to medical problems with my back. My funds are almost gone so I will be hitting the road to Preach and do Revivals to have something to live on until the Lord provides a benefactor or the funds to travel there to do mission work for the poor and those that have yet to hear the Gospel. Amen Bless you Brother

[quote="ROYAL BLUE"][quote="sunrayz99"]Royal, I would not recommend you going overseas to a bank to try to collect monies, I know you want the 10k back, but these people are dangerous![/quote]

Thank you Sunrayz99 for your concern. It is valued. I do not plan on going to Canada to collect any moneys. I have recalled the 10k funds from the receiving bank to be put back into the sending bank on my end. We will see how that goes. I am not expecting this to happen mind you, however if it did that would be nice. I have been instructed to go to Canada to receive the large funding, and then put it into a bank in the U.S. I know that sounds so far fetched. I am former law enforcement and I do know that people like this are "bad news" I am interested however in finding out how they plan on making any moneys off of me if I am not going to give them any. Any thoughts...... I really thank everyone for their opinions. It has been a great eyeopener regarding this scam.[/quote]