ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:30 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2004 9:56 pm 

I lost $4300 to a scam but I really dont want to talk about it. I was driven by greed and God has taken His retribution on me.

Don't do as I have done, that is all I want to say.

FOLLOW THE LORD!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 1:42 am 

*bites his fingers off, chewing them down to the first knuckle*

:twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 6:02 am 

Spawn wrote:
*bites his fingers off, chewing them down to the first knuckle*

:twisted:

???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:41 am 
Gold Member

Childers...don't ask :wink:

His name (Spawn of Satan) should say enough to explain his post...that was his way of saying something withOUT saying something...just "agree to disagree" and leave it at that.

txbelle

-- -- Washington Irving

Post subject: sad
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 7:47 pm 
The more I learn the more pissed I get. Damn mugus :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:24 pm 

I ordered 5 laptop computers for my grandchildren at what I was told was a wonderful price. All had the software that would make them a great gift, but the jerk that sold them to me had STOLEN the Microsoft license (Windows XP) and now all of the computers are no longer functional. Each time you turn them on you get a Microsft license message saying that the license is not valid for this product.
Who would stoop so low as to steal money from a grandfather who wants to get a gift for his children? I hope they catch the crummy thieves who ruined my Christmas. Had I known that the website stole Microsoft licenses I would never have done business with them! But I had no idea. I expected the people who sold me the laptops to be honest and truthful when they offered me the computers. All I can say is NEVER BUY SOMETHING FROM THE INTERNET FROM A COMPANY YOU KNOW NOTHING ABOUT! THEY MAY BE THIEVES!!!!

I never should have fallen into the Pit by trying to but something that was too good to be true. It is a terrible world we live in where the people who sell you something are dishonest.

I am now a truly poor but wiser man.

Post subject: Nail This Sucka
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 11:08 pm 

What you are describing is clear outright piracy what he probably did was take one disc that was most likely a copy of some sort and put that same one on all machines. This guy needs to be busted and thrown behind bars. read your private message from me, this is one area I definately can try to help you with , I know the computer industry well and who is and who is NOT reputable, been in it too long LOL. I probably will recognize the name and I bank on it he/she is probably on my blacklist already of people never to deal with.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 12:29 am 

Childers-

Personally, knowing what I know about computers, I think your story is a little off. I'm 27 years old, and have been working with computers since I was 7. (Do the math, that's 20 years. Nearly 2/3 of my life. [/smartass])

Now, I've built and rebuilt computers. I've used just about every piece of Microsoft software there is on the market. I have NEVER had a message like you described, unless I inadvertantly entered the wrong product key. (However, with Operating Systems, entering the wrong product key will end up with you being unable to install the OS, not install the OS and give you a message later on. (Personally, five computers for less than $4500... *shrugs* Without knowing the stats of them, I can't say much, I guess)

However...I can offer this bit of information and advice, even though I'm personally inclined to say either a) you don't know a damned thing about computers or b) you're full of it: If the computers were everything he said they were (except for the "stolen" license,) go out and buy yourself a copy of WinXP. Format the computers, and install from the legal copy. Only pain is that you'll have to reinstall all the programs that were on there, which might require shelling out more money, unless he sent the software.

Eh... If you want, PM me and fill me in a little on the computers.

:twisted: Spawn of Satan :twisted:

Post subject: weird
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 12:29 am 

At least you recieved your laptops...
It could have been far worse, so count your blessings.
Spawn knows his crap :shock:
so be glad he wears a white hat. :D

a mugu liar

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 1:37 am 

First of all I was selling laptops not buying, the buyer paid with counterfeit checks that got me and hubby arrested and chgd with grand theft 3rd degree each. We are still fighting this thing.

No money was ever handed to us from the checks, and NO the scammer got nothing, nada , zippo for his efforts .

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 08, 2004 10:55 am 
Gold Member

Karyn, barBarryan and a couple of others were responding to Childers's post about having purchased 5 laptops rather than yours about having sold...the thread kindof ended up a bit distorted in that way...just a bit of confusion... :wink:

txbelle

-- -- Washington Irving