ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I RECEIVE A DOZEN 419/LOTTERY SCAM OFFERS PER DAY IN EMAIL
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:13 pm 

Yes, sometimes even more . How do I get this to stop?. Retaliating by cursing them back and and/or asking them to stop brings on even more scam lettters, including one "death threat" email which I turned over to the police. Spam filters on email just does not work.

Is there any software that I can use to send back a "good message" and disrupt them like they are disrupting me. They are invading my privacy every single day. Sure, I want to send them something they will not forget -like a virus- or some kind of disrupter. There has to be something we can do besides sit and ignore them. I want to get a piece of them!!!!!!!!!! :evil:

Post subject: Re: I RECEIVE A DOZEN 419/LOTTERY SCAM OFFERS PER DAY IN EMAIL
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:01 pm 

I do too. And as soon I recieve them, I send them to spoof@westernunion.com and 419@scam.org, then I block the sender and delete. I read on Romancescam.com, once you start blocking these emails, eventually you would be on a no contact list. So I am glad for this outreach, I was scammed this past fall. I am glad I found this post and know that I am not the only one this annoying issue is happening to. Thanks for your support. Now just to let you know I do here back from western union thanking me for alerting them of these emails and forwarding them to their security dept.

here is another example that I just received

NOTE THAT THIS IS AN OPPORTUNITY FOR THIS SPECIAL SEASON..

We are pleased to inform you,that as a result of our RECENT LOTTERY DRAWS HELD Your Email address attached to ticket number:022-75769983-03 with serial number:61240-0 drew lucky numbers:04-14-96-87-45 which consequently won in the 5th category.

congratulations as you have been chosen for our NEW YEAR lucky winner for the year 2008. You have therefore been approved for a lump sum of (TWO MILLION TWO HUNDRED THOUSAND US DOLLARS ONLY) in cash credited to file with REF:EGS/3662367114/13

Your fund is now deposited with FIDELITY BANK and insured in your name.

For security purpose and clarity we advise that you keep your winning information confidential before your claims will be processed and your money remitted to your account.

You are also advised to provide your claim agent with the under listed information as soon as possible send it to his email address below.kindly make sure you send all replies to this box.

CLAIM AGENT: FEMI ALEXANDRA
EMAIL:femi.alexandra2@gmail.com
TEL: +221-7722-44610

1. Name in full
2. Address
3. Nationality
4. Age
5. Occupation
6. Phone/Fax

CALL HIM AND EMAIL HIM IMMEDIATELY WITH HIS ABOVE EMAIL ADDRESS,When you contact him, please provide him with your secret BATCH NO,SERIAL NO.All winnings must be redeemed not later than 7 days After the date of this notice. and if calling from the USA you should dial in this form 011-221-7722-44610

Congratulations!!!once more and thank you for being part of our promotional awards.Bear in mind that 10% of your fund will be going to the lottery organization that played the lottery with peoples name and email addresses that should be after you most have received the fund in your account,the 10% would have been given to them,just because the fund has been insured and will not be removed till you receive the funds.

Sincerely,
MR.MIKE WILLIAMS
VICE PRESIDENT
YAGO LOTTO.

Once

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:48 pm 

Greetings,

I understand that through Internet is not the best way to link up with you because of the confidentiality which my proposal demands.

However, I have already sent you this same letter one month ago, but I am not sure if it did get to you since I have not heard from you, hence i am constrain to reach you through the Internet which has been abused over the years.

I wish to notify you again that You were listed as a Heir to the total sum of (Three Million Six Hundred Thousand British Pounds) in the codicil and last testament of the deceased.(Name now withheld since this is our second letter to you). I contacted you because you bear the surname identity and therefore can present you as the Heir to the inheritance funds.

I therefore reckoned that you could receive these funds as you are qualified by your name identity. All the legal papers will be processed in your acceptance. In your acceptance of this deal, we request that you kindly forward to us your letter of acceptance; your current telephone and fax numbers and a forwarding address to enable us file necessary documents at our high court probate division for the release of this sum of money.

Please indicate your interest immediately for us to proceed. I shall feed you with full details of this transaction upon receipt of your reply towards this proposal.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours Faithfully,
Mr. Ben Mark (Barrister)
Telephone +447024058780.

Here is another one I received. I find it odd it is a 2nd notice when I never heard from this person. I will be blocking this man.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:49 pm 

Phone: +27-71-082-4945
Email: davidmalumo@live.co.za

I know that this will come to you as a surprise since we don’t know each other before. For the purpose of introduction, I am Mr Mpumelelo David Malumo General Manager Commercial Fuels & Lubricants, Sasol, Johannesburg, in South Africa. After due deliberation , I decided to contact you for your assistance in standing as benefactor to the sum of US$30.5Million (Thirty Million, Five Hundred Thousand United States Dollars) equivalent because, I and two other colleagues are currently in need of a silent foreign partner whose identity we can use to transfer the said sum. This fund accrued legitimately to us as commission from foreign contracts with Department of Mining & Energy and Sasol Group, through our private connections.

The fund is presently waiting to be remitted from ABSA bank here in South Africa to any overseas beneficiary confirmed by us as associate/receiver. By virtue of our positions as civil servants in my country, we cannot acquire this money in our names. Because as high placed civil servants, we are not allowed by the civil service code of conduct to own or operate bank accounts outside of our shores. On the other hand, it is not safe for us to keep the money here due to unstable political environment. I have been mandated as a matter of trust by my colleagues, to look for an overseas silent partner who could work with us to facilitate transfer of this fund for our mutual benefit, hence the reason for this email. What I am requesting from you is: (1) to be our silent partner and receive the funds as the sole benefactor to the contract amount which we shall secure all legal documentation to authenticate our claim. (2) Provide a private telephone and fax number for easy communication under your control .(3)Receiv

My proposal is that after you receive the funds, it would be shared as follows: (1) 15% to you as commission for your co-operation and assistance in facilitating the transfer, while the remaining 85% belongs to me and two colleagues. You will be free to take out your commission immediately after the money hits your country. Since our objective is to invest the money in a foreign country, it would be appreciated if you could also help us with advices and direction on investing into profitable/lucrative ventures in your country for an additional 3%. However, this is optional, and if it is not convenient for you to further assist us with investing the money, we can end our cooperation after you make available to us our part of the money.

The transaction, although discrete, is legitimate and the money will be transferred successfully with all necessary back-up official documents showing legitimate source/origin of fund. The transfer will be affected within a period not longer than two weeks as soon as we reach an agreement and you furnish me with a suitable response indicating your interest for processing the transfer. I plead with you on one issue, whether you are interested or not, kindly do not expose this information to any one else. I confirm that the transaction is legitimate and without any risks either to us or yourself. Please, give me your response immediately by return mail through my alternate email: davidmalumo@live.co.za

Yours Truly,
M. David Malumo.

wow another one.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:51 pm 

well I told the other post to contact spoof@westernunion. com and the email is not accepting at this time. I am not sure what is going on. So I will just keeping posting here.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:04 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

I will have to let the people I have worked with at Western Union know about that.
Thanks,

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:06 am 

sugar800 wrote:
well I told the other post to contact spoof@westernunion. com and the email is not accepting at this time. I am not sure what is going on. So I will just keeping posting here.

There are a few scambaiting forums you can forward these to who will enjoy playing with these :wink:

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 11:14 am 

well I did try WU and 419 websites. WU(western union) replies to a few but not all of them. I never heard from 419 site. Any other suggestions. When will this stop. I continue to block and delete these emails. but I also have a life. I cannot sit here throughout each day and keep doing that. Enough is enough. I do not know how soon do not contact goes into effect.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 1:54 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

I talked to someone at Western Union and they said that the reason an email would be returned is if it

1) The scammer did not mention Westerion Union by name in the email
2) Full email header information was not included and they need that to really go after these people

Quote:
When will this stop.

Not until there are laws passed to make it stop, which some will say will be never. That is why education is the key to fighting these scams.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 4:45 pm 

Thanks for your feedback.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 10:31 am 

Another lottery scam. Gary Schulze Mountainview, CA His ISP 209.85.147.18
I figure they can try to scam us as I have been scammed manytimes and recent. I am going to start giving there information away. Maybe we can start figuring out how to link these guys together and get them. I am willing to try.