ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:36 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: nigerian fruad.
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:31 am 
I was recently a victim of nigerian e-mail fruad. I was hoping to make money that could pay for medical neds of a family member. I recieved the money in the form of a check. Not a chasheirs check. just a check.
the amount of the check was 3300.00. It was cleared, and investigated and ok'd by the bank it was written from and from my bank. Is there any one who has been in this particular situation? what can i do. :
: :(

Post subject: Oh No Samantha So Sorry
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 12:57 am 

Samantha in October I was sent two what appeared to be payroll checks from someone who was to buy Laptop computers and headset microphones wholesale from me. They turned out to be counterfeit. Both my husband and I went to jail over it, we are still battling this thing.

One thing you have done is come to the right place for help, you might look for PABanker on the board here maybe she has some tips for you , there are a lot of people here who have gone through what you are going through.

Welcome to the board , I hope that you find the help that you are seeking.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Jan 17, 2004 9:32 am 
Gold Member

samantha wrote
Quote:
It was cleared, and investigated and ok'd by the bank it was written from and from my bank.

What do you mean by this? Where are you? Are you in the US? We need a little more info...is this the "I'll give you 20% of 8 million dollars" sort of thing you fell for?

txbelle

-- -- Washington Irving

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 5:03 am 
Gold Member

I am horrified by the bank's behaviour. Either the check should go through and be genuine or it should be stopped as fraudulent. To chop and change like that is highly unprofessional. How on earth can a private citizen run their life if banks can do this! Good Luck at suing the bank.

Post subject: thankyou
PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2004 8:51 am 

thankyou for your wrds of support. I am not suing the bank, i am waiting for them to launch a judgment against me. In other words they keep on asking me for money and my lwyer tells them no. this way it costs less money. my lawyer thiks I have a case because I relied soley on them before I did anything with the ceck. :? If anyone has advise please respond. I will keep you updated as my experience may help one of you.

Post subject: a bad day
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2004 5:10 pm 

today I recieved a notice of judgement from my bank and i have to file a defence in twenty days. I am shaking. I do not know what to do. I feel
like my life is in a total downward spiral. How do I defend myself?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Feb 29, 2004 11:22 am 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

Samantha,
I can honestly say, as many others here can, I have been there! A combination of fear and anger has you shaking so hard you cannot think straight, and you feel like the ground has just fallen out from underneath you.

How do you go on? How do you defend yourself? Just keep doing what you are doing. Remember that your worst crime in all of this was trusting that your bank was telling you the truth when they told you that the check was fine and that you could use that money. In one of your messages you said
Quote:
My bank called me a week later to cnfirm the check was fine, everything checked out and I had nothing to worry about.
Do you have the name of the person who told you that? You were worried about this money, you asked them if it was okay to use the money, from what I can tell you waited a couple of weeks before you did start using the money just to be extra safe. If the bank said the money was okay to use, then your defence is that you asked the right questions and they gave you the wrong answers. Ask them what you did wrong, and if they cannot answer that then why are they holding you liable if you did nothing wrong.

I asked my former bank this same question, and they were never able to answer it.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch