There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:51 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: US Govt Dept Int Equities Admin
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 12:37 pm 

The tel number we've been told to call is 001 901 896 0327

According to Collins Capital Management (Based in Nashville) we should pay taxes upfront of $10,800 before they will transfer £54k. Sounds like a scam but they seem legit. After calling the number the chap makes it all seem plausible. Our worthless shares were with General Components Inc which have been liquidated. Apparently due to the fall out of the liquidation we can claim this money otherwise it goes back into the government treasury.

Any advice?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:08 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

don't send them any money

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

Post subject: Re: US Govt Dept Int Equities Admin
PostPosted: Tue Nov 13, 2007 1:38 pm 
Gold Member

10krunner wrote:

According to Collins Capital Management (Based in Nashville) we should pay taxes upfront of $10,800 before they will transfer £54k. Sounds like a scam but they seem legit. After calling the number the chap makes it all seem plausible. Our worthless shares were with General Components Inc which have been liquidated. Apparently due to the fall out of the liquidation we can claim this money otherwise it goes back into the government treasury.

Any advice?

You would never pay taxes to the bank. All taxes would goto the government and you would not pay them up front. Do not send money as admin stated. They may seem legit but they aren't.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 15, 2007 7:04 am 

We were initially sold the shares by Price Stone, which we found out last night are a 'Boiler Room' outfit. Obviously this is embarasing for us as we've lost approx 15k on shares that are worthless.

David York from Collins Capital Management has provided an English businessman who has received the money when following through with the upfront payment. My husband has called him, and he says his story is believeable.

I have seen from 'whois' that the website was only registered in May this year, yet they claim to have been in business for 10 years.

I am on the verge of tears over this - sorry to be emotional.. For two weeks my husband has been on the phone everyday to strangers who've totally convinced him there's a pile of money waiting for him. If that was true we should have received it by now. They're very clever people, who a re trading on vulnerable people. It's the 'hope' that we're the one off. Despite all the warnings, despite all the notified scams. Because no-one has mentioned this company specifically, and no-one has criticised David York or any of the other guys that work there, my husband wants to risk 5k on a 'hope'.

I have trawled through the internet everynight looking for evidence that this company is a fraud.. I need to be able to prove it black and white and then my husband won't drown us financially.

Can anyone help? Please.

Post subject: Re: US Govt Dept Int Equities Admin
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:17 pm 

10krunner wrote:

Any advice?

The telephone number at the top is for a company called:International Equities Administrators 5865 Ridgeway Center Parkway,Suite 350 Memphis,TN38120.

Post subject: Collins Capital Management (Based in Nashville)
PostPosted: Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:24 pm 

Hi
Collins Capital Management (Based in Nashville) also called me last week and wanted to buy my worldwide bio refinery shares. After reading these posts I'll ignore them. I spoke to worldwide bio refinery who are in a bit of a situation but have confirmed that Collins Capital Management have nothing to do with them. Seems like Collins Capital Management are trying to take advantage.
Ragards

Post subject: Collin capital mgmt. Nashville
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:17 am 

Dear 10krunner,and all.
Your guess is as good as mine,
I have been offered a fortune,397,756 USD,in return i have to forward 44,000 USD to have the restrictions lifted from the shares,which were sold to me by a company named "Anderson mc cormack" (BOILER ROOM). I add that i was at a low ebb in my life at the time.
My contact at collins is a James Norman (very charming)Phone 1 615 349 9818. I was sceptical, to say the least, and so i E mailed the (International Equities Administrators) Memphis,And they confirmed that all seemed ok.Still sceptical i asked for more.James Norman put me in touch with a uk buisinesman in Liverpool, also very charming, rang him and the number transfered,i think to a different ringtone phone(questionable) He told me everything that i would have liked to hear.I arranged to meet him in Lpool
and gave him my E mail address,where he promised to send his location details.I heard no more,and we never met.

Post subject: Collins Capital mgmt
PostPosted: Wed Nov 21, 2007 7:35 am 

Just to end on a positive note, i am going to except this as a scam, and not throw 20 grand down the pan to follow the rest.I need to move on and get on with my life

I've had too many sleepless nights.It seems a good time to tell (collins) where to go.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 12:09 am 

10krunner wrote:
We were initially sold the shares by Price Stone, which we found out last night are a 'Boiler Room' outfit. Obviously this is embarasing for us as we've lost approx 15k on shares that are worthless.

That sounds like a follow up to the worthless stock they sold you. Pretty common for scammers to hit you with a "one two" like that. Watch out for a "three" promising to get your money back in some way or another.

Post subject: US Govt Dept Int Equities Admin
PostPosted: Thu May 05, 2011 6:33 pm 

Good news, but I never been to any of the libraries while i was in Macau