ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 12:45 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: WAS SCAMED BY NIGERIAN GUY BUYING FROM EBAY THROUGH PAY PAL
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 9:15 pm 

THIS IS UNBELIEVABLE, my husband started an online buisness and is using a drop shipper, he put a digital camrea on ebay, and got an email from this guy in nigirea that he wants to finish the auction without ebay, and he will add 50 bucks for shipping to his place, he said he will pay with pay pal, now this is the first time in my husbands life that he uses paypal , ( i would have known cause I use them all the time) so he gets a email from pay pal profesional looking with the logo and all , there where some spelling mistake, but myhusband is not a good speller, anyway the email said that there is mowey for him and as soon as he suplies paypal with a tracking number the money is ours, anyway my husband did get suspicious and called paypal and they told him its a scam, what my husband did is send that guy an empty box, but got a tracking number, which he then provided and the guy was giving 100 excuses why its not working, in the end the guy got a box in nigera inside was a note , you looser!!!, thank god we didnt looose any money
cause I was scammed 200 bucks the other day by an individual named mark goles from indianopolis, trying to sell me a lap top, i sent him the money and he never delivered !!!!

Post subject: I was scammed 2
PostPosted: Sun Oct 14, 2007 4:49 pm 

Hey,

i know exactly how you feel but i was stupid and ill informed and fell for it... instead the post office sent me an email saying that there was a postal check waiting for me once i return the tracking number. so i stupidlly sent it and suprise suprise, i got no money. So a $800 laptop gone!

I also almost got scammed again though... this guy claiming to be from hong kong was interested in buying my car but said he would send out the check then i would take the money he owed me and give the rest to the man who was going to ship it. he sent the check out but i didn't cash it... i never heard from him again.

Regards,

Krystal