ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Scammed from Russia
PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:02 pm 

Hello, I was scammed from Russia. A user via Ebay contacted me and asked if I would take on a partnership with him/her because there company was not able to recieve Paypal payments because they do not send to Russia. So I asked a few Q's and did a search and could not find anything on this matter. So I thought it was Legit. I was looking to earn a little extra money anyway due to the recent baby to the family. So I decided to help these people out. I would except money via Paypal from people that had bought off of this website(or wherever, he gave me an accual website) and I would intern send money via Western Union to Russia. Did a 3 of these totaling more than $8000.00 and another on that had been reversed by Paypal. Thats when I quite because I new something ws going on then. they then sent another one and that too had been reversed. So now I am getting Emails from Paypal, and they have limited my account and am now $9000.00 in the hole. Well just thought I would share just to help someone out next time this may happen. Also to ask if anyone has any ideas about getting my money back? I have already went to Law enforcment, FBI, Wesern Union, Paypal. They will not help or do anything. I have not even heard from the FBI. So any ideas would be great? Thanks.

Post subject: Vip-Sales
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 6:26 am 

I believe you are talking about VIP-SALES

More info here - http://www.wizcop.com/scam-beware-of-vip-salescom/

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 21, 2006 9:37 pm 

RRO I am so sorry to be the one to tell you this, but there is really no way to get your money back, the thieves move the money as fast as they get ahold of it and services like Paypal, Western Union etc will not help you try and retrieve the money. Paypal even tells you that if you deal with someone outside of the USA you are basically on your own should the deal go south.

The FBI and Secret Service have has so many complaints that they have put a ridiculously high dollar loss limit on the type of cases they will actively persue. 13k isnt high enough to justify an investigation that could cost a couple hundred thousand dollars with little chance of an arrest as the criminals are in countries that the US cannot make an arrest in.

Police as a general rule are not well educated on how these crimes really are perpetrated thus are at a bit of a loss on how to handle such complaints, many shy away from even taking a report of such a nature.

Post subject: I was scammed to the same way I think
PostPosted: Thu Dec 28, 2006 10:36 pm 

Please contact me about this, I am still paying on the $3000 I was scammed out of. Contacted through ebay the same way...I really would like to talk to you about this.. thanks send a Private Message PM.