ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:24 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Link Mergers and Acquisitions
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 4:57 am 

An Australian sounding guy called Richard Macalister from a company called link Mergers & Acquisitions http://www.linkmna.com has been calling me, offering to purchase my stocks in GWGO for $2.97 each! Current market price is $0.0007, so I asked him if he was mad. He said that his client felt that it was a fair market price and his client was trying to buy up stocks in Great West Gold Inc http://www.advfn.com/quote_GREAT-WEST-G ... _GWGO.html in order to gain control of the company and all I needed to do was pay for the restriction to be removed. This worked out at $12K, but I would get my money back as part of the overall deal because I'm not a US resident. I smelt a Great Western rat and have declined his wonderful offer...Has anyone else had any dealings with Link Mergers and Acquisitions? Are they for real or is this (as I suspected) the latest scam for the boiler rooms?

I have found registration details of their (or his) web site which looks extremely suspicious :

created-date: 2006-03-15
updated-date: 2006-03-15
registration-expiration-date: 2007-03-15

owner-contact: P-AJW75
owner-organization: Internet
owner-fname: Andrew
owner-lname: Wingon
owner-street: 17th street
owner-city: Nashville
owner-state: TN
owner-zip: 37201
owner-country: US
owner-phone: 16767778963
owner-fax: 16767778963
owner-email: andrewwingon@hotmail.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 5:32 pm 

Quote:
I smelt a Great Western rat and have declined his wonderful offer...

Exactly what I would have done! If it smells like a rat..... let out the cat! :wink:

Post subject: LINK MERGERS&AQUISITIONS
PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2006 3:48 am 

I had similar request to sign upto release money held by US government when Skynet telematics had allegedly been bought up for a ridiculous amount of money. If I wanted the 200 000 owed to me , I had to sign up for release fees.
I got in touch with my Financial adviser who contacted the Head ofice in London. As it turned out the advisor was from US. he explored the possibility of it being genuine, with the Regulating Authorities. Nothing positive camre from it and they have been reported to the FSA and to the US FSA.
Unfortunate that they appeal to our greed in that way, but I got through it unscathed.

Post subject: re link merges and southern cross
PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2006 10:38 am 

I was also contacted by this company to buy my shares in capitol st james offering me $9.50 a share and also $20,000 to lift the restrition they where like a dog with a bone i just strung them a long till they got piss.. off
I now have another company contacting me called southern cross trying the same thing the guys name is john stephens based in columbia offering me the same deal any one else heard of this company ?

Post subject: Southern cross
PostPosted: Wed Aug 23, 2006 10:25 am 

My husband has been contacted (end of july) by Southern Cross Mergers and Acquisitions company to sell stocks (sell price: $9.73, value: 0.41 cents). The explanation was that they want to gain control of the company! Then then want from us our account information. But we do not want to give it so we ask for a check. Now they want us to pay ($1 by stock) to release the stock (or something like this!!)., so $10k. But I think after all these readings that we will stop here the adventure!!