ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:00 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: 419victims?london or nearby?willing for an interview?
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 10:14 am 

that's all I have to say now! I'm looking for somebody near London that is been a victim of any version of the419 nigerian scam, except the counterfeit cheque, simply for make an interview and use an original story! if you don't live far from london, you are a victim of a nigerian scam, you are willing to have an interview regarding your 419experience and if you are interested, please do not hesitate to contact me on my e-mail address: gigliolu@hotmail.com.

Regards,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 8:23 am 

I hope that you are not suggesting that you are a real journalist. Even a Daily Star reporter could string together a more literate posting than yours.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 9:07 am 

stealth wrote:
I hope that you are not suggesting that you are a real journalist. Even a Daily Star reporter could string together a more literate posting than yours.

congratulation!! I'm pretty sure that, due to your well constructerd sentence and for your sense of humour, your mother tongue is english. do you maybe speak a couple of languages more?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2006 2:25 pm 

Stealth is only expressing what a lot of people here are probably thinking. You are asking for 419 survivors to do "interviews" with you in English, so it is perfectly legitimate to question your credentials, especially since you do not appear to be terribly literate in English. Most English-speaking journalists (even the lowliest) can at least spell and have some basic understanding of English grammatical structures.

So are you a journalist? If so, for whom do you work? And from where did you receive your qualification? Either put up or shut up. The last thing people around here need is to be victimized a second time by someone pretending to be a journalist.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Feb 04, 2006 5:29 am 

pepper wrote:
The last thing people around here need is to be victimized a second time by someone pretending to be a journalist.

Thanks Pepper, I thought it was reasonable suspicion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 4:13 am 

. . . . . . and, of course, any serious requests would come from a freemail address like Hotmail. :roll:

My guess is that this is another attempt to scam using the 'We can get your money back' method.
But only if you send us fees in advance.

Save your energy folks and give this request a wide berth.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 7:22 am 

MY guess is that ross didn't get enough response from his pm's so he is posting it out there to see if he gets any bites. He pm'd me in Nov telling me that he had a way to make money with the info from people who had been scammed. He couldn't give me much info but wanted people to meet him. Here is the pm he sent to me:
Quote:
I understand that you don't know me and I'm not asking to trust me. I'm not giving more details of what is that will make me earn some money and anyone who cooperate. It does sound dodgy but I can't give more information. I can only say that is a project that I may be able to sell. I'm only asking to a victim that is been through any nigerian scam: oil purchase, will scam, fake business proposal, charity scam..... to met me in london once in order to clearify what is the project about. if not interested there will not be another meeting. it won't take long. if you live in london or near and you are a victim of the scam please let me know! I'm sorry that I can't give more details but is a share forum isn'it? I don't want that somebody may still my idea, which is nothing particularly sophisticated but the competition is everywhere in every industry and I ALSO DON'T KNOW THE PERSON THAT i'M CONTACTING> thanks

So he is a journalist now but anyone who reads this pm can see that would not seem to be the case with his lack of using the Engilsh language and his spelling sure seems to be the same mistakes that are made in the contacts with the scammers. Everyone is welcome to their opinion but mine is that if it smells like bullchit it must be bullchit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 8:31 am 
pasttired wrote:
MY guess is that ross didn't get enough response from his pm's so he is posting it out there to see if he gets any bites. He pm'd me in Nov telling me that he had a way to make money with the info from people who had been scammed. He couldn't give me much info but wanted people to meet him. Here is the pm he sent to me:
Quote:
I understand that you don't know me and I'm not asking to trust me. I'm not giving more details of what is that will make me earn some money and anyone who cooperate. It does sound dodgy but I can't give more information. I can only say that is a project that I may be able to sell. I'm only asking to a victim that is been through any nigerian scam: oil purchase, will scam, fake business proposal, charity scam..... to met me in london once in order to clearify what is the project about. if not interested there will not be another meeting. it won't take long. if you live in london or near and you are a victim of the scam please let me know! I'm sorry that I can't give more details but is a share forum isn'it? I don't want that somebody may still my idea, which is nothing particularly sophisticated but the competition is everywhere in every industry and I ALSO DON'T KNOW THE PERSON THAT i'M CONTACTING> thanks

So he is a journalist now but anyone who reads this pm can see that would not seem to be the case with his lack of using the Engilsh language and his spelling sure seems to be the same mistakes that are made in the contacts with the scammers. Everyone is welcome to their opinion but mine is that if it smells like bullchit it must be bullchit.

I love the beginning to all the scam letters, always the "You do not know me" disclaimer. Might as well just say "Hello, I am a scammer and this is my letter"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Feb 10, 2006 9:04 am 

Hey, am I getting smarter or just more cynical - I'll name that scam in one :lol:

Post subject: I received some nasty comments :evil: but I'll get over :lo
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 4:13 pm 

well, do you think I'm a scammer?
the 419 letters that I received they were written with a much better english than mine. anyway, the project is finished, it could have been much better with a comparison of victim's experiences but is now done, and I'm quite happy of the results.
by the way, there is a re-victimization fraud scheme where if the victim decides to walk away from the deal, an individual posing as a government or police officer" will contact the victim and offer to "investigate" the scammers and attempt to recover the lost funds.

..of course, this sort of investigation requires the utmost privacy and discretion, and apparently that doesn't come cheap in Nigeria.

well...another option can be the helpful "fake journalist" that promise money for an interview and something bad can happen when "the journalist" met the victim.

I realise that I have been silly thinking that victims would have come forward to me and tell me about their experiences for understandable reasons

I may just gave another idea to scammers. "the journalist at the pick of his/her career".....needs a better english tough!!

p.s. I felt bad when I read the pm posted to me

Post subject: Another 419 Scam Letter
PostPosted: Fri May 05, 2006 9:46 am 

Another Scam letter, written with better english and using People PC with references to information on the Web.

I am Mr.Richard Williamson,an Administrative Officer with a Diplomatic Fiduciary/Securitycompany
in London.My duty involves administrative documentation of Valuable Depositsin the
company.

In the Course of My Private Routine investigations to ascertain the nature and other
relevant information on unclaimed Deposit/Consignment,I noticed that there had been
a particular Deposit/consignment Lodged in the company on the 30th May,2001 (With
a Maturity Date of June,2005) and which no one had since come forth to claim.

Upon Further Investigation,I found out that the Depositor/Beneficiary of the Deposit/consignment,the
Late Mr.Ben Roland,a nationale of your country who was the C.E.O of BIO OIL SERVICING
COMPANY SA in South Africa was aboard the ill fated Beirut-bound charter jet that
crashed on the 25th of December 2003 in Benin Republic.Details of this incidencecould
be found on the following

url;http://www.cnn.com/2003/WORLD/africa/12/26/benin.crash/index.html

At the time of Deposit,the Depositor did not state or fill out any next of kin on
the Deposit Document that was signed.Thus,the Deposit was tagged under DIPLOMATIC
VALUABLES/FAMILY TREASURES Valued at US$7,500,000.00.

However,In My Bid to further ascertain the content of the deposit since the Maturity
Date for keeping the Deposit had expired and no Known Next of Kin has filed an Application
for Release of the Claims,I discovered that the consignment contains Funds in US
Dollars bills.

Judging from the Stated Value of this Deposit,I deduced that the contents of the
Consignment were actually Funds totalling US$7,500,000.00 and had to be Lodged as
DIPLOMATIC VALUABLES/FAMILY TREASURES for Security Reasons.

Due to the Strategic Position which I occupy in the Company,All these facts are
known to Me Alone and I have worked out the perfect modality as well as providing
the relevant information/documentation for the successful Release of the Deposit/Consignment.Now,I
seek your assistance/partnership to claim the said Deposit/Consignment from the
company.

For Your Co-Operation and Assistance,I have proposed an arrangement whereby 40%
of the Funds will be for You, while the balance of 60% being my Own share of the
Funds will be held in Trust for me pending my arrival in Your Country.

Subject to your acceptance to participate in this transaction,I shall brief You
on the Modalities for actualising this Transaction.Please get in touch with me with
your Phone and fax numbers for further communication.
You may reach me through my email:(richardwilliams_office@yahoo.co.uk)

Mr.Richard Williamson