ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Tue Apr 23, 2024 8:21 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Fidelity Credit Services
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 3:17 pm 

I got 129 dollars taken from an account and now these people give me a number of like a home answering machine and wont return calls. How do I get my money back and have any of you dealt with Fidelity Credit Services

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 14, 2005 5:11 pm 

I have not dealt with this company, but if they took the money using a credit card of yours you can dispute the charge, credit card companies are very willing to help dispute these with you. Not only that, on your statement the company HAS to provide an 800 working number for you to contact them, if they are not answering the phone lines it is ridiculous and time for you to call your credit card company and talk to them....

Post subject: Fidelity Credit Services
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 8:22 pm 

:x
Have you tried their Main number at 727-544-0006. I was called today by them and looked them up on the computer while we spoke as I stalled them with some questions. They don't have a website. They can't tell you their Federal Tax I.D. number. But my caller I.D. logged two numbers which may be of some help to you. 727-544-0017 and 727-544-0057. You might try these numbers or any range of numbers inbetween since it appears as they probably have all the phone numbers 0006 thru 0057 at least I'd say.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:15 pm 

Yeah, I just got the phone call too. I got it while I was at work and left the cell phone home. Who do we call when we get this scam #? The police I would assume, but def not 911.

Any suggestions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 13, 2006 6:16 pm 

forgot.

The #s were
(727) 528 - 7129
(727) 544 - 0057

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon May 08, 2006 10:36 am 

I received a call this morning and when I answered they hung up on me...the number on caller id said YOU'RE APPROVED.....727.528.7129

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 9:01 pm 

I had 129.95 taken from my checking account, because of this board and what little I could find out from my bank I was able to contact Fidelity and they were NOT happy, they went on to say they had my voice on tape giving the OK for them to take my money...what they didn't know was It couldn't have been me on the date they said...I had just had mouth surgrey and couldn't even open my mouth to speak. After bugging them and finally filing a police report they refunded my money. Thanks to everyone who posted :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 9:51 pm 

Oh yeah they called me AGAIN today,...i told them we are not EVEN interested in their fraudulent services and DO NOT call my house again.

Post subject: I got a call from them
PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2006 5:56 pm 

I had been seeing this number on my caller ID now and then, finally answered it today because I had google'd it a couple times. The phone # was 727-544-0057. They asked a few questions and said I qualified and that a rep would call me. I said fine, I wanted to see what's up.

A few minutes later I get a call from 727-544-0056 and speak with someone else. He is offering a credit card w/ $500-$1500 credit line, and they can do this for a 1-time processing fee of $129 that they get from a bank account. I told him I wasn't interested and he asked why, and I told him because it was $129, and he explained that this was not a random call. He said my name/# had been submitted to them ~6 months ago and that my credit score must be under 500. It very well could be, I'm not sure, as I've had credit card problems in the past. We didn't get to any part of them asking for bank account info, as I had to go and just told them to forget about it.

To me, the idea of getting a credit card to build up your credit line this way may or may not be legit, but if they're billing your acct when you did not give permission then this is obviously not right.

http://www.shopinusa.com/Money___Law/Co ... 378543.htm

That site mentions them, though it doesnt' really sound like the same place, but SURPRISE the website listed there won't come up, so it very well could be. Just thought I'd add any info to this, and good luck getting your money back.

Just curious, but to those they have contacted, do you have credit problems also? Or are these in fact random?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri May 19, 2006 6:38 am 

I was called again 2 different times yesterday. We do indeed have terrible credit. But at my last credit check mine was just a bit over 500-and my husband below. I have told them again DO NOT CALL MY HOUSE

Post subject: Same issue as you all
PostPosted: Fri Jun 02, 2006 3:30 pm 

:evil: I was called about this scam, however the number was different. The number was 727-596-8705. I got the same line as everyone else. My name and number was pulled out of a box at a large mall in my area. this couldnt possibly be a scam, or so that is what Aaron, the rep said to me. Today my account was debited for 129.00 and I was livid... I did agree to the program, however after reviewing and researching this place, I soon realized that I had made a huge mistake. I called the phone number that I had for them and the lady literally told me that the company was being moved and she was being asked to get off of the phone so that they could take the phones off of the walls. I was alarmed and told her that I wanted to speak with a customer service agent. SHe then told me that there was only one lady and she was moveing. I began questioning her using questions like why is there only one CSR for such a large and established business? She of course couldnt answer and said that she had to go because her phone was being pulled out of the wall.. I would curse out anyone who called me from this place and you should too.. They are crazy...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 2:16 pm 

Hello to those out there who have been contacted by this Fidelity Credit Services. Now I understand everyones concern with having to pay a processing fee to get this credit card. But if you think about it any credit card you apply for requires this same fee before processing. Now has anyone here actully paid the money and waited the 21 business days to receive the info and card stated by the rep? If so, what happened? Did you get anything from this company in the way of a Welcome Kit, as stated, a Signature form, as stated, etc... If not. Now i would be very upset and calling the contact number provided. No answer or you get the run around the police would be my next step. But i would like to hear from someone who has went through the full processing and was deceived. Then i would be concerned and calling it a scam. :?:

Post subject: Fidelity Credit Service - Complaints Filed
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 4:55 pm 

I filed with the Attorney Generals office of Floida and BBB

http://www.bbbwestflorida.org/commonrep ... d=90015151

BBB Reliability Report
The Better Business Bureau®
Serving Florida's West Coast
P.O. Box 7950
Clearwater, FL 33758-7950
(727) 535-5522 (24 Hours)
http://www.bbbwestflorida.org

Thank you for using the Better Business Bureau's Online Complaint System.
Your complaint has been assigned case # 67061527.

Fidelity Credit Services
12651 Walsingham Rd Ste B
Largo, FL 33774
Telephone: (727) 596-8705
Fax: (727) 593-1904 :evil:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 19, 2006 5:59 pm 

:twisted: I just contacted the Customer Care # provided and got more details on what the $129.95 was paying for. Of course, I got this scripted response and going around the question. So I started asking more detailed questions like: How can they guarantee me at least $500 credit limit without a deposit? Are they going to just submit my info to a bunch of creditors to see who will reply? etc... They replied by telling stating that they don't submit any info. All they do is send you a list of credit card companies and I have to submit my own info. I then asked how can they guarantee my credit limit if they are not submitting my info? They only guarantee that i will be approved by one of the twenty creditors that i have to apply for. I then asked what if not approved by any what happens? They stated that if denied by three or more companies they will refund moneys after i send the denial letters to them by mail and the processing for refund is upto 6 wks once they received all info needed. I then asked to do i go about canceling my transaction? They placed me on hold for at least 15 min for a manager (which i think was to see if I will hang up, which I didn't) Manager got on the line to confirm i wanted to cancel and then placed me on hold for another 15 mins (doing the same thing) They finally got back on line and completed my cancellation transaction. So now all i can do is wait and hope no money is taken from my account. :twisted:

P.S.S.
So, if you want to pay some one to do nothing. This is just for you :wink: . Like I told them, I can go online and do what they are doing for free. And to PLEASE DONT CALL ANYMORE. We'll see!!!

Post subject: Got rid of 'em!
PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 6:29 pm 

After getting only four calls from these people, I called them back asking who they were. Naturally, they began on their spiel about me being pre-approved for this and that. I lied by telling them I was only 16 and had just a Savings account. They told me I wasn't qualified and removed my number instantly -- they said it might take up to 48 hours to stop receiving calls, but after that call, I didn't receive another one, and it's been almost a week now.

If you think about it, they aren't going to want to mess with calling someone so young, not only because there's no business to be had (no Checking account, which apparently their entire platform thrives on), but also since doing so might put them into even more of a legally questionable position... even if they may think you're not telling the truth about being too young, they're probably going to choose not to take the risk of continuing their incessant calls.

Tell them to stop calling your teenage daughter, tell them you are a teenager, whatever you feel most comfortable doing (I'm 19 so this was easy to pass off -- it was only over the phone anyway). Sound friendly or at least indifferent, and be sure to emphasize that you don't have a Checking account either. If you get a persistent operator, simply hang up and call back, and you're almost certain to get someone new on the line. Above all, don't divulge ANY personal information other than the number you want removed (which they clearly had in the first place).

As a preventative measure in the future (and likewise to those who haven't been struck by this yet), add your number(s) to the National Do-Not-Call Registry at http://www.donotcall.gov/ - this is GUARANTEED protection against these calls, but takes about a month to go into effect, so don't hesitate. These people WILL follow this list, because the consequences for not doing so are SEVERE. It's my gathering that violators can be fined up to $1,500 PER INFRACTION (and I believe an infraction would constitute a single call; correct me if I'm wrong). It'd also be very easy to prove violations -- all that would have to be done is a subpoena to a victim's phone company to find out when a call was placed, and then crosscheck that entry against the Do-Not-Call Registry's database of people who have opted out.

One last thing - the number they called me at is relatively new and has been given to very few, and only trustworthy sources. How they mined this number, I have no idea... sequential dialing sounds ridiculous, but it's the only thing seems even remotely plausible to me. I'm still curious about this phenomenon though, so if anyone has any idea where these people are getting phone lists, do tell.

Good luck to all!

-Ben (Lincoln, NE)

P.S. - For the sake of public knowledge, here are the four calls I received (yes, they called twice on Independence Day, and that's the same day I was removed):

July 3, 2006 @ 10:52 am - 888-669-8868 - Not answered
July 3, 2006 @ 4:55 pm - 888-669-8868 - Not answered
July 4, 2006 @ 10:18 am - 727-544-0057 - Not answered
July 4, 2006 @ 10:40 am - 727-450-0346 - Not answered