ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 9:56 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2006 2:36 pm 

I got 2 phone calls today. When I answered they told me that I had an unsecured visa or mastercard with a $500 limit that was going to be sent to me. Then they gave me a confirmation code and said someone would call me back with the terms and conditions. They did call. The man I spoke to asked me all these questions about my income my name and DOB. When he asked me my bank I told him then he wanted my account # I then said that I don't give this info over the phone because of scams. He then said "okay see ya", and hung right up. Please don't fall for this mess. They are phony!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2006 9:33 pm 

Glad I found this site! They have been calling here for about 3 weeks now - typically 2 to 3 times a day. We didn't know who it was so I Google'd them and found this. What a scam - our number is relatively new as well, and unlisted so I have no idea how they got it. Thanks for all the info.

Post subject: How I handled Fidelity
PostPosted: Mon Oct 23, 2006 1:48 pm 

After being charged by Fidelity, I contacted the customer service who were extremely rude and refused to refund the 129 dollar charge. I told them what I was offered over the phone, a credit card by them, and they said no that they give a list of 20 creditors and that is what I paid for. I said that what i was told was completely different and do not want to pay for their finder services. After speaking with the manager, who shot his mouth off at me, I told him that his inability to work with me as a customer proves what a poor business they provide and now I definitely do not want to work with their company on something as important as my credit line. As one would conclude, I did not get my refund.

So this is what i did: I went to my bank an filed a reverse transaction form, next, I closed my bank account and ordered a new one. The bank has already acknowledged credit to my account of the 129 dollars and I am leaving it to the bank to handle this matter. Thank goodness for bank protection.

Post subject: I to got the info
PostPosted: Mon Nov 06, 2006 2:16 pm 

I just recently got the phone call. I didnt research it up front, now I wish I had. I lost the customer service number prior to them debiting my account. I called as soon as I got the number. They said nothing I can do. I am going to try later today and talk with manger. I also filed a complaint with the BBB. I hope that no one else falls for this. Why pay $129 for information about companies you could apply for credit cards too. I know I have horrible credit, and cant even get a unsecured card with my own bank who I have good history with.I believed I was applying for a card with them, not that I would have to submit the info on my own.
This company misrepresents itself with the intitial call.

Will keep posted of outcome. The manager's name is Joe, the CSR is Pat.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:24 pm 

Can anyone give me info on this phone number (727)528-7129 i've tried sevral reverse look ups and all want money to find the adress and name of the company assosiated with it. I did manage to find out that it is a lan absed phone and VErISON is the service pervider for whom ever has this number.The reason i ask is for the past week they have been calling my cell 5-10 time a day, and when i did a goodle serch of the number this site was the top serch.I have not answerd their calls as i don't answer number idk.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 07, 2006 9:29 pm 

sjg30 wrote:
Can anyone give me info on this phone number (727)528-7129 i've tried sevral reverse look ups and all want money to find the adress and name of the company assosiated with it. I did manage to find out that it is a lan absed phone and VErISON is the service pervider for whom ever has this number.The reason i ask is for the past week they have been calling my cell 5-10 time a day, and when i did a goodle serch of the number this site was the top serch.I have not answerd their calls as i don't answer number idk.

Btw i called back the number they called me on doing *67 not even 5min after and i got a busy signal..

Post subject: Fidelity
PostPosted: Wed Nov 08, 2006 10:56 am 

I posted other day. I found out that if you call more than twice to customer service the call is to be forwarded to someone named Karin, which is doesn't. So I had filed with the better business bureau. Today I recieved a call from Karin, she is refunding my money as of immediatly. She doesnt even believe in the program she is selling. She said she wouldn't even buy it.

1-727-593-5953 is the number to Karin

Hope this helps anyone. I think they don't do anything till a complaint is filed against them with the BBB

Post subject: fidelity credit svcs.
PostPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2006 4:27 pm 

well i an not alone. i too have been scammed out of $129.00 with an offer of a $500.00 limit visa card. well the package came the other day and didn't have a credit card in it. i called the custome service # and couldn't get anywhere with the girl. i asked to speak to a supervisor and was put in touch with Joe. he was very rude and wanted to keep talking over me. i filed a complaint with the BBB today and am trying to file with the attoney general here in GA.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:44 am 

I just tried calling Fidelity Credit Services at 727-5935953 and spoke with someone. I had no trouble.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 2:26 pm 

I'm currently in the process of driving the customer service C U Next Tuesday crazy. Most people don't have a knowledge of collection laws like I do, simply because I've been working for SallieMae for hell and ever.

I find it amusing that no matter what day it is, what time it is, it's always the same customer service rep. It's also the same rep for the answering machine.

I'm told there's no guy that works there. The one that told me I was getting a Mastercard for 300 bucks limit. The one that would double and then triple according to pay records across the next year every three months.

I payed 130 bucks for a 6 page booklet of information I already had from umpteen free sources.

This place is based out of florida and I'm trying to get ahold of the correct police department down there to see what I can do. If nothing else, I have a Lexis Nexis account. I'll get a name and address, and next time I go visit my sister, I'll visit this place too.

It just pisses me off extra that they took the money out of my account 48 hours before the date I set it for, resulting in six 35 dollar overdraft charges.

I'm behind on rent now, and close to getting kicked out. Not just me. My wife and daughter too. I hold grudges, and I like to play. The 8507 number is active today. What say we all spam the crap out of it?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2007 4:19 pm 

Double Post, YEEHAW!

STEP ONE
-Call the Florida State Attorney Genral's Office, division of Consumer Protection at 850-414-3990.
-Report what went on to a representative.
-Fax a written copy of your complaint along with any documents involved to the FL. AG's office at 850-410-1630.

STEP TWO
-Go to http://www.800helpfla.com and fill out a complaint form, found in the list of links on the left of the page.
-Mail any supporting documents to the address listed below.
-For follow up, call the Division of Consumer Services at 850-488-2221.

Florida Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services
Division of Consumer Services
Terry Lee Rhodes Building
2005 Apalachee Parkway
Tallahassee, FL 32399-6500

STEP THREE
-Call the Pinellas County Department of Justice / Consumer Protection Division at 727-464-6200
-Mail a written copy of your complaint including both your and the offending company's name, address and phone number to the address listed below.

Department of Justice and Consumer Services
Office of Consumer Protection
15251 Roosevelt Blv. Suite 209
Clearwater Florida, 33760

After that, as far as I've been informed, the only thing you can do is file charges.

I recieved a call from a male representative for Fidelity Credit stating that I was elegible for an unsecured Visa card with a $500.00 limit. I was told there were no fees save for the activation and processing fee of 129.95, which I post dated out for the 26th of June. It was withdrawn from my account 48 hours earlier than I authorized, resulting in an estimated $600.00 in overdraft charges. I was told my card would arrive by July 20th at the extreme latest, and come early August, I recieved a packet from them. It was a small booklet listing banks and cards that they offer, including various fees that they would include. A list that I already had from another company, that was sent to me for free. I called customer service and asked about what was going on, and which point I was told that this company had nothing to do with distribution, that all they did was send out these booklets to people looking to rebuild their credit.

I argued with this customer service representative for about half an hour, and she refused to let me speak to her supervisor. Since then, I have called back a total of 43 times, and each time, the same woman aswers the phone and argues with me. There's never a supervisor, she never knows when the supervisor will be in. She's told me that the terms and conditions I agreed to were to pay $129.95 for this packet. As well, I'm told that the male I spoke to never worked there. She offered to replay the terms and conditions call that was recorded for me, and I have had her do so for me three times. My voice is on the terms and conditions recording, but there's two different terms and conditions recordings, neither of which involve the male representative to which I originally spoke. One recording is of an automated male being completely ambiguous about what these terms and conditions are relating to. The other is of a female being very specific, and it both recordings, it seems have had my voice edited into them which would be a very simple thing to achieve using only the programs on a basic copy of Windows XP.

In any case, after going around and around with the customer service woman, the only person it seems works for this company, I decided to hit the internet and see what I could find. Turns out there's a google list about 19 pages deep of message boards, websites and users complaining of the same problems. And here's the part that gets me. There are four numbers that I've documented now that this company calls from. They change almost daily. The primary number 7275968705, is disconnected at least twice a week, and has popped up on caller ID as Fidelity Credit, Fidelity Credit Inc. and National Consumer Services.