ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:32 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: The Other Victims
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 10:07 pm 

I just want to bring up the other victims in this type of scam. It is the person/persons who loan money to the scammers victims. I was told that the person I loaned money to needed it for a totally different reason. After borrowing myself in order to help this person out I find out later that they were being scammed and needed the money to send to the scammers. Now the person who borrowed the money has no contact with me and I am left with the debt of the loan. There are more then two sides in these scams. The side of the person who signed on to work with the scammers and lost the money to them, the person/persons who they go to for loans in order to get the money to send and the scum scammers who receive this money with no remorse for their crimes. I have thought seriously about suing the person who borrowed money from me as that is obviously the only way I would see any of my money back. I know that it might not be what any of you want to hear but at least own what you did and accept that you made the mistake not the person whose money you used to send to the scammer. Make some type of effort to talk to the person about repayment. To just say oh well I was scammed and that is the end of it is really wrong.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 12:47 am 

It is my guess that this person is extremely embarassed and because of that does not want to risk criticism from you if they tell you what really happened. They may not want to initiate contact or accept a call for fear of how you may react to them.

Many victims will not even go to the police and make a report because of the feelings of shame, guilt , fear, embarassment and it just makes things all the more difficult to deal with.

Try this: Leave a message for this person telling them that you know they got scammed, not to be afraid to talk to you about it and that you are willing to work things out concerning repayment.

Maybe by you initiating things in an understanding and non threatening way may help them to open up to you about what happened.

It may not be that the victim is avoiding paying you, they may be avoiding you at the moment trying to figure out how they will tell you that they got scammed out of the money you loaned them.

I would say after making a gracious offer to work things out and be there for them to talk to you still get nowhere, then yes you have to get tougher and attempt to collect through the courts.