ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:16 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ebay/part-time job scam
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 4:46 pm 

Like most college graduates and hard working low income people, part-time jobs are essential to get through the month or week. http://www.itradingcompany.com(ITC) is a website offering part-time jobs for people as what they call correspondence managers(CM). They claims to be a New York based company originally from london. This company claims to sell goods of all kinds such jewelry, TV's, radio's, furniture, etc.... These jobs are offer at careerbuilder.com and jobcity.com. Once a person is hired he/she is responsible for cashing cashiers/or personal checks and send the money to other ITC representatives. These checks are cashed at check casheirs company's like PAYDAYLOANS, ACED CHECKS CASHED, where you may feel comfortable to do so since they verify that funds are available. ITC rep's are supposed to send items to people who paid for them but they don't. The catch is, all the items are on ebay and people buying these items are not aware they are speeking with an ITC rep. The ITC rep gives the correspondence manager's name and address to the ebay buyer and the CM(correspondence manager) has no idea this is going on. ITC does not send the bought item and they simply ignore emails of the buyer and scam them for they're money. The CM is then contacted by the buyer and is completely unaware that this is going on. When the ITC CM contacts ITC he/she is simply ignored and left to deal with the ebay buyer. If any of the checks cashed by the CM are blocked or bounced after money has been sent, ITC simply ignore the CM(corespondence manager) and makes them take the blame for the money.

I have been personallly victimized this company as a CM and no one seems to be able to do much about it. if any has any idea on what i should do get in contact with me. Any ebay customer who have been scamed like this please contact me. The FBI will no pay much attention to my case because the dollar amount is'nt worth their time. I want to stop these scammers. Their website is still up and running and unsuspecting corespondece managers and ebay buyers are being ripped off.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 8:18 pm 
Gold Member

Very INteresting.
WHOIS shows it is registered to a Mr.Lee in Florida with connections to others in Washington State.
I'd post this at http://www.crimes-of-persuasion.com under the Work At Home forum to see if anyone else has heard of it.
YOu might also notify Ebay, your State Attorney General and the two job boards. TGhere have been scams like this where counterfeit checks are sent to "representatives" to deposit and send and this may be a variation.
http://www.fraud.org might also be interested in learning about this.
Anyone else have any suggestions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2004 10:11 pm 

Churchmouse I am in Florida can you whois it again for me and get the contact information I will report it myself to the atty generals office.