ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:49 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Corporate Sales Training - The Manus Group, Jacksonville, FL
PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:04 am 

The Manus Group, founded only in March 2009, is run by Rick and Julie Williams. Julie is involved in some of the training as is a Paul Gibson. The Manus Group sends trainers around the country to help auto dealerships sit on their butt while the Manus Group does their HR for them. Here is how it works: You reply to an ad on one of the major career/job sites. You recieve an email asking you to come in for an interview at the local car dealership. You meet with Julie, Paul, etc, and are asked to come in for three days of training usually starting the next day. The interviews are usually on Monday and Tuesday. The training on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday. Sometime during the first day, you are informed of the $698 training fee (it can vary. Some dealers pay part of it up front, etc.). Statistically, from what I have witnessed personally and seen on the web (matches my experience) about half drop out after they hear about the fee. The other half pay up, sometimes in installments assuming they will be hired and will have money to pay the installments, hoping desperately to get a much needed job. During the training the instructor will inform the class members to stay away from dealership staff. In my case, we were told that there were going to be some sort of staff changes and we were not to rock the boat. The reason that the trainees were asked to stay away is that there were not any actual openings at the dealership or certainly not as many as there were people in the class. It should be noted at this point that once you pay the training fee, there are NO REFUNDS. You have just paid for useless training that you could have gotten for free at a dealership or in some cases online. This is a warning! This set up is just that...a set-up! It is not truthful to the applicants, it is discraceful that suffering unemployed people are treated like this, and I fully recommend that you stay away from any of these training classes that you are asked to pay "up front" for sales training. Use your $698 to look for a real job. You might have a better outcome applying at the local mini market.

Post subject: Re: Corporate Sales Training - The Manus Group, Jacksonville, FL
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:51 pm 

I received a similar email from The Manus Group in Collierville, TN. The email is from a Carrie Quinby but the body of the email is by a Sam Baker. Anything from a third party is a red flag to me.

I want to add that even if a dealership say they will do their own traning, beware that the $$ money incentive is before any taxes taken out. You have to pay All taxes to the IRS that are related to that money incentive which means probably only about half that amount is actually net income. My experience with interviewing with one dealership, the up-front incentive is treated like a loan. You have to pay it back out of your first commissions, assuming that you will be successful at auto sales. Or else you have to somehow pay the money back anyway, and soon, because it's considered to be an advancement on your future commissions in other words...a loan! Just be careful to read the fine print before agreeing and signing to anything.

Almost does not pay to post a resume online any more. So many scams going on. So much more difficult to find a job.

Post subject: Re: Corporate Sales Training - The Manus Group, Jacksonville
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 1:47 pm 

I worked for these people Rick and Julie Williams, that was in 2008 when they were doing the same thing under the name RJ Williams and Associates. These people take advantage of the unemployed. They did not even pay those of us that went around the country to teach these training classes. I went at the last minute from Phoenix AZ to Cherry Hill NJ to teach a class. At the end of the 5 days I watched the dealership write a check for the fee to RJ Williams and Assoc and also for MY out of pocket expenses incurred while I was teaching this class. It been 3 years and I have received nothing. My last correspondence with Rick Williams was Dec 2008 that is before the phones were disconnected, he told me he was a man of his word and that he would give me my epxenses. Funny and surprised to see that Rick and Julie are now operating as Manus Group. Be careful any dealership that wants sales people will train themselves. The $698 is paying for the lifestyle of Julie and Rick as they step over everyone else for their personal gain.

Post subject: Re: Corporate Sales Training - The Manus Group, Jacksonville
PostPosted: Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:07 pm 

I just took this same course and with the same trainer and money was not mentioned...just good training for selling cars....Dont believe everything you read. :D