ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 9:09 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Don't get scammed by Igomogul
PostPosted: Sun Jul 26, 2009 1:16 am 

I'm a 54 year old woman, my husband was laid off work 6 months ago and we are living off of our savings. I wanted a work at home income because of my health so I started checking what was out there.
I was contacted by Igomogul to start a work at home website. They promised that for $199.00 they would design a website for me and they had been authorised by Google to use AdSEnse and Analytics to generate traffic to my website. They claimed to be a pay per click business and they would ad links from other Igomogul websites so that people from those websites would click on my ads. They also wanted me to use something called Postzilla to write reviews. They said there was a 90 day money back guarantee.
After signing up I saw a news report from the Federal Trade Commission about work at home scams so I checked the internet, sure enough Igomogul was one of these scams. There was further information that Google does not authorise any company to use their progras in this manner and Google is working with the FTC to discover and prosecute companies like Igomogul.
I asked for my money back and even though it was only 2 weeks since I signed up for their services they told me there were no refunds.
Since then I have learned that Igomogul registered my domain in my name, however Igomogul has control and ownership of the domain so it is worthless to me.
I filed complaints with IC3 (FTC, FBi, White Collar Crime) as well as Arizona BBB and Arizona Attorney General's fraud unit. The Attorney General's fraud unit contacted Igomogul and sent me a letter stating that they did not settle "personal disputes" I did not want them to investigate a personal dispute, I wanted them to investigate a fraud.

Post subject: Re: Don't get scammed by Igomogul
PostPosted: Tue Jul 28, 2009 6:21 pm 

I finally received the log on, password, PIN and account # for the godaddy domain Igomogul registered in my name however it is worthless.
Igomogul still controls the hosting files and without those I can not do anything with the website. While the good news is Igomogul can no longer do anything with the domain name, the bad news I can not do anything with the website.
This company has so many scamming tricks you know they have had much practice.
Further resarch has shown that Igomogul target women over the age of 50 with an income below $30,000 a year, with a limited education and no children.
Here is the link to verify this.
http://www.quantcast.com/igomogul.com/demographics