There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:17 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Job Cleaning Scam
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:26 pm 

Sent: Wed 7/22/09 5:00 PM
To: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Hello

i have gone through your resume.i am glad to tell you that everything is ok with me with your resume/interest as regards the Cleaner/Housekeeper job position,also for accepting the offer.I have contacted my wife concerning the job and for other purpose which she might need you for,which she told me is okay by her,i believe you are fit for this position in as much you will prove yourself a reliable and good person.

Am James and am happily married to a lovely wife Mrs Latonya Donald, We have two kids ages 8yrs ,5yrs and we are expecting another baby because my wife is pregnant now. We are relocating to the City from The Scotland, I will be coming there to work on contract basis and I will be working with the United States Steel Co-operation on a private construction work So We need someone who could help in cleaning our new apartment from Monday-Friday.You will be working 3 hour everyday at your convenient time and we will be offering you $400 Weekly, i hope 3 hours is enough is clean a 3 bedroom house with one master bedroom and two standard size rooms, with One Living room and a kitchen as well. I believe you are fit for this position in as much you will prove yourself to be a reliable and hard working person,Our arrival date would be first week of next month. You will start working on same day.You will help us to clean the apartment in the morning of our arrival date,I will tell the landlord to mail the keys to the apartment to you so that you can be able to clean it on the day before we arrive. I want to know if there's any equipment that you will need me to provide, if there's any let me know how much it will cost and list them, I will be spending about 2yrs for the contract job, so we will be needing your services for that time as well if am satisfied with the services you rendered. We have a financier that is based in the states and he will be handling the payment and some other expenses, so he will be the one that will be taking care of your the payment, I will instruct him to pay for the first two weeks before our arrival so as to secure your service, actually i should have paid for more weeks but i will extend the payment if am satisfy with your service after the two weeks. So my financier would be needing the following Information to make out the
check

Full Name to be on Check:...................
Address:...............................................(NOT P.O BOX)
City:.......................................................
State:......................................................
Zip Code:....................................................
Phone(Both Home and Cell):.....................
Did you accept the Offer?

Urgent reply will be duly appreciated.And if you have any question to ask , We would be happy if you can state it in your response to this offer.We look forward to having you as one of the family member and my cell phone is listed below if you have any question.

Regards
James Donald.
+44-703-195-2986

Sounded fishy, then I found this site. Defiantly a scam. Sucks because I'm just starting a cleaning company and was really excited about this contract.