There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:25 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: S & S PROJECTING/ FINANCIAL FIRM
PostPosted: Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:03 pm 

Hi there ~

I wanted to share the details of my own brush with the mystery shopper scam. I received two postal money orders in the amount of $850 each this morning with the email listed below. I have not cashed the checks nor do I intend to. I originally answers a CL ad titled, "Survive the Recession and get paid for dinning out" and the emails came from the following addresses: Richard Walter / sspff.programmingsource.info1@gmail.com, Melissa Carlotta / melissainc257@gmail.com.

I'm going to block their emails and hope they drop me from their system.

Hope this helps. I think the lesson is, if it's too good to be true and your potential employer can't spell then it's a scam!

Thank you everyone else for sharing their stories. It saved me from making a financial mistake.

S & S PROJECTING/ FINANCIAL FIRM
Contact - Raymond Blair(Logistics & Feedback)

EVALUATION INSTRUCTIONS
The fund with you covers all expenditures including evaluation, shopping, transport and your compensation (Salary=$150.00) for this survey.

EXPENDITURES BREAKDOWN:-
Salary .................$150
Wal-Mart................$100
Transportation ……$50

You are to cash the fund in your bank and use it to purchase Goods of your Choice for your own Use at any Wal-mart store in your City which you are evaluating , spending not more than $100.00 dollars altogether, you will also be using $50.00 for transportation. We hope to trust you with the remaining fund. THE REST WILL BE FORWARD TO OUR BRANCH OFFICE THROUGH WAL-MART MONEY GRAM MONEY TRANSFER in-which , you will be evaluating as-well.

Also as regards Wal-Mart store, we will be using our company feed-back mechanism therefore you will be sending funds through Money Gram Money Transfer in your City, back to us.

You will take balance amount to the Money Gram Outlet you will evaluate. You will have to pay the Money Gram transfer charges $??.?? out from the balance. Kindly, send the Balance after you must have deducted all other stated expenses to the details below today. E-mail your Evaluation report today with Money gram transferred details so I would be able to forward your evaluation report to the Evaluation Team then you will be assign for the second assignment as soon as possible.

NAME: Raymond Blair

Address: 211 Main Street
Newtown Square,
Pennsylvania 19073

After your Evaluation and the fund has been sent, Do email us the the Wal-Mart receipt and the following Money Gram Transfer Details such as :

SENDER'S NAME AND ADDRESS : ?
RECEIVER'S NAME : ?
8 DIGIT REFERENCE NUMBER : ?
AMOUNT SENT: $? (AFTER DEDUCTING MONEY GRAM CHARGES FROM THE BALANCE)

Remember what we are really after are the lines of question stated below, those are guidelines that you will lookout for during your visits to Wal-Mart and Money Gram Outlet.

GUIDELINES:-
-How long it took you to get services.
-Ambiance/Outlook of the Shop/Outlet
-Smartness of the attendant
-Customer service professionalism
-Reaction of personally under pressure
-Information that you think would be helpful
-Your comments and impressions.
-Your personal opinion

We are Counting on you, and expect a detailed report as soon as possible.Thank you.

Melissa Carlota