ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:28 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Beware Mystery Survey Taker Ads on Craigslist
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 7:18 pm 

I responded to an ad for a "mystery survey taker," on Craigslist last week. I first asked what exactly a "mystery survey taker" is. The advertiser e-mailed back and explained how I would be expected to go to stores as a mystery shopper, etc. I told her I would not be interested and only wanted to work from home. She replied that she had a "position." The company name was Universal Evaluation, Inc. and there was a website that at first glance seemed legitimate. I was told I would be typing checks and mailing them out via UPS and I would receive $1 for each check. I asked many questions and decided to go ahead; since I needed a special check printer and checks, she had me order them and said I would be using the company's UPS account and that also seemed legit. I continued to check things out and went back to the website. I noticed the it was very difficult to find out how to contact the company. I also noticed the name of a company called Bestmark mentioned in smaller print. I thought that was strange and looked at Bestmark's website. There was no mention of Universal Evaluation. I contacted Bestmark and told them their name was being used illegally, and they got the Universal Evaluation website taken down the same day. As of today, they are still e-mailing me and I also got a call from someone I could barely understand -- I did understand that he was speaking about Universal Evaluation and my so-called job, and I believe he actually said he was calling from Nigeria.
So, long story short: Beware Universal Evaluation Inc. "mystery survey taker" ads on Craigslist or anywhere else. They are the same scammers mentioned elsewhere on this board under different names.