ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:26 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: I felt so lucky.....
PostPosted: Sat Dec 06, 2008 4:18 pm 

here's one I just discovered today. Verified with your site. Got the job offer thru Craigslist, its posted to Fredericksburg, VA as well as Colorodo springs. :(

Notice -

We deeply apologize for the delay in getting your application ready for start up.

However, i am glad to let you know that you are on-course and your supervisor will be assigned to you on Wednesday prior to the delivery of the office equipment. Below is the tracking number for the envelope that contains the funds coming to you for the purchase of the Softwares. You are to check for the status of the delivery at http://www.fedex.com/tracking

FedEx Tracking Number: **************

Do the following deductions after encashing the Money Orders. Please be reminded to keep the receipts for each purchase and transfer that you make. You would be required to send a scanned copy to ( home.analysis11@yahoo.com ) for proper documentation.

DEDUCTIONS
* $130 For BS 1 Accounting software which is to be purchased Next week.
* $170 For QuickBook Pro Accounting Software ( US Patent Single Users Pack )
* You deduct $100 for your self for Signing Bonus ( This is to help to Motivate staff towards commencement )
* The balance of the funds should be sent to the Shipping agent to effect Shipping Logistics for your equipments.

This transfer is to be done via Western Union Money Transfer. When you get into a Western Union shop you request for a form to send Money and you fill in the shipping agents details below on the form. You would be given a receipt with 10 Digit Number (MTCN #). Send me the MTCN Number, the amount sent via email and another email with the scanned copies.

TAKE THIS ALONG WITH YOU TO WESTERN UNION
Name: *****
Address: ***********
City: Buffalo
State: NY
Zip: 14223
U.S.A

NOTE: Deduct the Western Union charges from the balance you are sending. Get back to me with the following info on the Western Union receipt.

MTCN Number ( control number )
Exact amount sent after deducting charges
Senders name and address

Please Note that, you are to deduct funds for the BS 1 Accounting Software, Peach Tree Software, and $100 for you as your Signing on Bonus calculated to get you geared up before your equipments arrive.

If you cannot locate any Software Mart or Compu-store where you can purchase the softwares, you keep the funds for the softwares and an email would be sent to you later in the week as regards locations where they can be purchased. However it is important to send the funds to the shipping agent today. This is to facilitate the shipment of your equipment next week prior to your start up.

Kind Regards,
Mr. Richard Simmons

I have several other emails, luckily Walmart wouldn't cash it. But wouldn't tell me why so I made some complaint calls. Thank goodness. The manager said the girl at the desk thought they were fraudulent so I called moneygram and verfied that they were not valid. I'm glad I didn't take these to the bank. But dang, I was excited for a job. I didn't know it was a work from home thing until the 3rd email. They are using a real company name. I verified the name and address with BBB and website but the rest of it is fake.