ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:03 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Victim Here!!
PostPosted: Thu Sep 25, 2008 9:34 am 

I got an email because I had placed some ads on Craigslist and was contacted by someone named Phil Cada. He said he had a job available as a "Payment Rep"..RED FLAG #1. I went along with it to see what would come out of it. The very next day I got a Fed Ex package with a name of a person named John Bean. I looked up the tracking info and itw as picked up or dropped off a a Fed Ex Center in South Carolina, but had a North Carolina return address. Then I got an email with info to deposit the check into my account. Wait until the funds were available, take my 10% out and then Western Union the rest. Fortunately for me, the bank put ahold on my account and today, I just found out that the check was fake and they only docked me for $20.00.....but I have heard of people losing far more than that!!

Here is the timeline of how things happened:

September 4, 2008....First Email Came
September 10. 2008.....The Board Of Directors approved my application for employment
September 15, 2008.....Got An Email With Fed Ex Tracking Info In It and Info To Wire the Money to Benin
September 17, 2008.....Got Package From Fed Ex
September 20, 2008....Deposited Check
September 23, 2008...Funds were made available...but then account was put on hold
September 25, 2008....Just notified that check was returned and account only docked $20.00

I should also mention that I called the company who's name appeared on the cashier's check and before I could finish..the lady said "Was the check for $4,820". I confirmed that it was and we talked for about 30 minutes. I gave her all the info I had. Forwarded over all emails, getting ready to go and pick up the check to send to them as well. Was told I'd be contacted by the guy handling this.

I really wish that this scam would stop. I'm one of the lucky ones in that I only lost $20, but I've heard of people losing way more than this.

Also, here are the states involved with my scam or that were mentioned. Check had Clearwater, Florida company on it....organization I was to be working for was based in Cyprus....return address on Fed Ex package was from North Carolina....package was either dropped off or picked up in South Carolina...was told to send money via Western Union to Benin.

Post subject: Re: New Victim Here!!
PostPosted: Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:11 am 

Same guy is also running a housing scam... tried to get me to wire money to him via Western Union for a *fake* apartment in Geneva, Switzerland of all places. Careful!

Post subject: Re: New Victim Here!!
PostPosted: Mon Sep 13, 2010 2:50 am 

Thank you helenrez for your post!!! I appreciate it! I almost "rented" the fake appartment in Geneva. I found the ad on Craiglist.
I got suspicious when Philip Cada wrote me that he has not opened any Bank Account because he is new in Dundee,but it will be easy for him to claim the money from me via this method [Western Union]...
Be careful with him!