I'm glad I came across this blog before I replied to the person's email! It definitely smelled rotten!!
Here's a cut-and-paste of one example you should be looking for...and AVOID!! I'm sure they are constantly changing their "name" so the names might be different from what you might have been sent...
This particular guy's name was "Stephen Adams" in the email header: firstname.lastname@example.org
but at the bottom of the email he sent me, he listed his name as "Stephen A. Lister"...as in A CRAIGSLISTER!!
Our HR Managers have gone through your response and due to some certain factors you have been picked as one of our possible candidate suitable for the Joblisting. And we hope you Understand your position as our representative. first assignment as a company representative.
we wants you to run a survey on two prominent companies in your area.
The 1st: The Western union Location.
The 2nd: The Money Gram Location* There has been reports about laps in the services of their Management and some of their staffs,
*Their complains were based on reports which their customers forwarded
anonymously and Phone calls which were also made to the head office.
We are a company that conduct surveys and evaluate other companies.We get hired to go to other peoples companies and act like customers in order to know how the staffs are handling their services in relation to their customers.Once we have a contract to do,you would be directed to the company or outlet,and you would be given the funds you need to do the job (either purchase things or require services)after which you would write a comment on the staffs activities and give
a detailed record of your experience.Examples of details you would forward to us are
1)How long it took you to get services.
2)Smartness of the attendant
3)Customer service professionalism
4)Sometimes you might be required to upset the attendant,to see how they react
to clients when they get tensed(under pressure).
And we turn the information over to the company executives and they would carry out their own duties in improving there services.Most companies employ our assistance when people give complaints about their services,or when they feel there are needs for them to improve their customer service.Your Identity would be kept confidential as the job states (secret shopper).
The Western Union location was reported for evaluation for the
* Customers have reported their money missing
* Slow services
* Unbalanced transfer charges
Second company was reported to be rendering
*Rudeness to customers
*Late opening time and Closing before time.
Your Mystery/Secret Evaluation would be:
* To make a transfer of fund from any Western union location or Money Gram location to our Mystery shopper,And the funds would be picked up by another mystery shopper at the exact location Which a customer reported her funds missing.
* You would have to record the time at which you go to the location and how many minutes it took you to get service.
* You would also provide me with the name of the cashier that attended to you.
* You would be sent a Certified Check/Money order which would cover your payment of $350.00 and $50 for transportation.As soon as you receive the Check, you would cash or deposit it at your bank, and deduct your $350.00, then use the rest of the money for the services.
* You would be paid $350 for every survey you carry out,and bonus on your transportation allowance,and funds would be given to you if you have to dine as part of the duty.Your job will be to evaluate and comment on customer service in a wide variety of shops,stores,restaurant and services in your area.No commitment is made on this job, and you would have flexible hours as it suits you.If you are interested,Kindly send me your details below
(I)Your Full Name On Payment:
(II)Your Residence address(no P.O.Box please):
(III)D.O.B & Marital Status:
(IV)Home and mobile Phone numbers:
(VI)Your Age and Current Occupation:
Stephen A Lister.
Miller Survey/Evaluator Consultant
Alternative Email----- email@example.com