ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:23 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next
 Post subject: Re: Mystery Shopper wal mart/money gram scam
PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 6:15 pm 

Hi help me catch theses people they have given me some info but i don't know if it is enough. they tell you that you well be getting 150.00 for each survey but only pay you to
and tell you there sending you a check for 2100 but when you get it it is for 2650.00
and this is the email adress there using global service <globalservice84@gmail.com>
and when they sent me the check through fedex the adress was mystery survey inc 193 peachtree road n.w. Atlanta, Ga 30309 and the phone number is 609-543-2277
so if you can help me out on catching these people that would be great

Dear Survey Agent,

We are still waiting to have the address of the locations you have
chosen to evaluate , you will evaluate the two store next week , A
package will be sent out to you through express mail, inside the package you
will find your Compensation payment and other fund you will use to
carry out your surveying process , you must not use your personal
money to complete any of the surveying process and there will be no
reimbursement of any kind since we are providing you with all the fund
your will need to carry out the survey .

An Evaluation Instruction will be given to your through email, this
will tell you what to do at the Wal-mart and the Money Gram location
and how to expand the fund at each location .

We want you to reply to this email acknowledging it as soon as possible.
- Hide quoted text -

The Hiring Manager
Mr Steven James .

Mystery Survey Inc
4609 Herbert Avenue
PO BOX 120921
St Louis , MO 63114
609-543-2277
609-772-8040 Ext 1276066
856-315-9162 Ext 1276066

Dear Survey Agent,

We got your e-mail with the locations you have chosen to evaluate , you will evaluate the two store this week , A package will be sent out to you through express mail , inside the package you will find your Compensation payment and other fund you will use to carry out your surveying process , you must not use your personal money to complete any of the surveying process and there will be no
reimbursement of any kind since we are providing you with all the fund your will need to carry out the survey .

An Evaluation Instruction will be given to your through email, this will tell you what to do at the Wal-mart and the Money Gram location and how to expand the fund at each location .

We want you to reply to this email acknowledging it as soon as possible.

The Hiring Manager
Mr steven James .

Mystery Survey Inc
4609 Herbert Avenue
PO BOX 120921
St Louis , MO 63114
609-543-2277
609-772-8040 Ext 1276066
856-315-9162 Ext 1276066

--
The Mystery Evaluation Team
Dear Survey Agent,
We are still Expecting an Incisive and detailed report from you on
your evaluation report which you have to send via Email using the
pointers given, as guidelines for your evaluation reports for the
Wal-mart and Money Gram evaluations.

You are to include the following listed below in your reports as it is
required for Company feedback purposes on service delivery.

Money Gram reference codes and Wal-mart receipt(TC#) number

Here is the brake down of your expenditure .
Salary .................$200
Wal-mart................$100
Money Gram...............$2105.00
Money Gram Transfer costs..........$95
Transportation..........................$50

We expect to read from you soonest and to have your evaluation report .
The Quality of your evaluation report and promptness in carrying out
evaluations,matters most.
Thank you.

Mr Steven James.

--
The Mystery Evaluation Team

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 8:35 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

So far we have not found a way to catch these guys because they are in Nigeria and it would have to be the government and law enforcement over there that would have to do something about it.

What we have found that has helped is to report this scam to the website where you had your item listed for sale; ask them post a warning on their site that would help save others from this scam.

Report the scam to the IP server that he is using and tell them that you know that the email account of agentsmarc@zwallet.com is being used by the scammers; they may shut down the email account.

Then, contact your Attorney General's office and tell them about it, some have held press conferences to send out a warning to the entire state about this scam.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:19 pm 

i got the same basic scam today in the mail as well. Mine is from Nationwide MArketing in "Westchester, PA" and came from a guy named Peter Goldman, the "Co-ordinator".

They sent me a check for $3990, which I first thought was like manna from heaven, as I'm unemployed.

Upon reading the letter I got to thinking...hmmm, I've never had ANY potential employer send me $4,000 upfront, before I have even lifted a finger! There is also no printed info as to where the money is to be sent-they want you to make a phone call to them to get that info...how convenient. That way there is only one wire fraud charge against them, instead of a mail fraud and a wire fraud charge.

Things I noticed that might help others:

The company address on the info sheet is listed as Westchester, PA, while on the check it is listed as Weschester, PA. I looked up on USPS zip codes, and there is only a West Chester, PA (two words)

Their email was listed as Nationwide_Marketing@ymail.com
Any reputable company (even the smallest one man operation) will spend the $15-$35 to register their company name as their own domain. Legit companies simply don't use free email services such as yahoo, gmail, hotmail, etc., at least the ones that want to put forth a professional image to their customer base.

Another thing fishy about this...
On the bottom of the check, the check number is printed IN FRONT OF the bank routing number. This is a dead giveaway. You all know where the routing number and check numbers belong...

I called their number and left a message telling them that I was Inspector so and so from the FBI in the Nashville bureau, and that they were to immediately return my call. Haven't heard from them yet. lol...

Feel free to call them up at 905-782-1233 and leave a creative message for them yourself. Be a postal inspector, FTC official, FCC official, local authority, Fed or whomever else you'd like to be. What are they going to do-report you? Actually, that would be nice if they reported on of us to the feds because then they'd have to spill out all of their personal information in order to file a report (or else face charges of filing a report with false information-a federal crime).

I did a reverse number search on the phone number (using 411.com) and this is what came back:
(905) 782-1233
Type: Cell Phone
Provider: Fido Solutions

So...they are located in Canada.
Fido Solutions is a division of Rogers Wireless, on of the largest wireless providers in Canada.

Couldn't someone forward this info to the local cops or the RCMP in Ontario and then have them triangulate the number via GPS to find these guys? Then just set them adrift on an iceberg near Churchill Bay during polar bear season....

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 3:57 pm 

WOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My wife JUST got back from the bank after cashing a $4,500.00 check !! same scam as all of you, it just happen that she for some reason decided to look this up before going to Walmart ! and found this site, I just got home and she is like you wont belive this ! so here we are calling the bank and the police ! the people from the scam are

Progressive Marketing
"A division of MysteryShoponLine.com"
Head Office P.O.Box 310 310 Chester, NS CANADA
Tel 1-514-746-0736
Fax 1-250-984-7557

Rita Jones, Leo Klein

thank you for the site ! I hope someone gets this MotherF**** sorry

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 2:34 am 

OMG!!! THANK YOU ALL SO VERY MUCH...I was just about to fall for this myself, and something told me to Google it...I am SO GLAD I DID. And honestly, my emails are very obviously typed by someone unprofessional - terrible grammar, spelling...I guess "too good to be true..." nearly got me.

Thanks all!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 22, 2008 6:01 pm 

I also fell for the "Mystery Shopper scam" however, I didnt receive any money, they sent me a contract & then sent me a email telling me to shop at Walmart & Moneygram, they sent me a tracking number for a package tey sent, but they sent it to the wrong address.
This is the 1st person that sent me the contract & hired me: The Hiring Manager
the email was always sent from: jones moore: email address; easyprogramerxx1@gmail.com
Miss Margret Moore
Global Evaluation Inc
50 S Munn Avenue
PO BOX 120921
East Orange, New Jersey 07018
609-543-2277
607-821-1978

I had to go to Walmart anyway, so I sent them the receipt (just in case) they were so un-orgainized, I started to catch on. the second person that sent me emails is below:
Ensure that you confirm via Email to us when you receive package on UPS
If you have any Question or anything you do not understand about the survey you can contact me directly on this line , i will be more than happy help you out and answer
your question.
Thanks .
Human Resource Department
Mr Mark Moore
607-821-1978
609-543-2277

PostPosted: Wed Sep 24, 2008 11:35 am 

I just received a check for 1840.00 yesterday, and then received the email from mystery shoppers inc.(supposedly) telling me to do all the same stuff previously mentioned in other posts. I tried to call the number on the dhl package the check came in and of course it was just a fax number. Also, there are two different packaging slips on the envelope...one says its from wilmington, oh while the other one says its from a company called REdmond Communications in Kirkland, Wa. I called the bank the check was issued from and they did indeed confirm that this guy has been issuing out fraudulent checks. I hope this guy or this company or whatever gets caught. If anyone finds out something we all need to do, let me know. Thanks.

Kristi

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 12:38 am 

Well, look what I got in the mail today from Canada :shock: This is much like all the other scenarios, only some names, dates, and locations change. (Very similiar to September 5 "cabeachguy" post of in this forum) I never asked for this or applied for anything. I have no idea how they got my name and address. So why me??????????

Anyway, I, received a letter today which was dated September 17 from Peter Goldman (THIS SCUMBAG GETS AROUND) referencing ID#DFSE1508 and congratulating me on approval of my application as a "customer service representative." I would be an official "mystery evaluator" to find out if my local Walmart is being "effective and efficient". (Huh, I never applied for anything. REMEMBER?) And, oh yes, I got all these evaluation sheets to use and keep me thinking about my new job :P

But ,wow, they enclosed a cashiers check for $3990 :lol: . (Sure looks real at first and got my attention!) I 'm supposed to call 1-905-598-1519 in order to "validate" it. (This is a cell phone. I guess this is where Im supposed to call and find out where to wire the part of $3990 that is theirs..... But I never called :cry: ).

The letter was postmarked from Canada but the check was from the " Dade County Federal Credit Union" in Miami, Florida- check number 14007108. (Note-on a real check the actual check number on the top right is the last in a series scrolling the bottom of a good check , HOWEVER, in this case it was the first in the series and if you look real, real close the name of the credit union was "copied and pasted.".) Well, I called the credit union anyway listed in Miami and was told I am the sixth call they have gotten today about this. Now, I wonder how many of these were sent out?

The envelope is from 30 Centaurian Drive/Markham, ON L3R 8B9 CANADA. (No name on envelope). But on the actual letter they used the address 1500 NW107th Avenue, Miami, Fl 33172 (which is the address of the credit union), fax number 1-866-631-0929 with email address NATIONWIDE_MARKETING@YMAIL.COM
-------
Now lets see...um...I 'm supposed to cash the $3990 check at my bank, go to Walmart and wire them back $3500 , pay Walmart a possible $90 wire charge, and , oh boy, I get to keep "training pay" $400. What a freekin deal!!!!!!!!!!Right?????????????????

So then what happens when the $3990 check bounces and comes back from the bank in few days? I I get the prize for being stupid, naive, and poor because I would be out the money.

I really hope I helped somebody avoid alot of grief. :roll:

If you get this junk in the mail DONT FALL FOR IT!!!!!!! I HAVE CONTACTED CANADIAN POSTAL AUTHORITIES about this!!!!!! Any questions??????

Mitch
iknow5@aol.com

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 6:46 pm 

I'm next! Just got a check in the mail and believe me I could've used it. $3000 from Service Supply of Victoria, INC in Victoria Texas. Didn't make sense to me. I looked it up. They have a website but all pages except for the home page are under construction. But I didn't get a letter or anything stating what to do with the check so I was confused. If it was an e-mail i missed it because I delete all email that resemble spam. Now about a month ago I did see an add for a tutor on craigslist and i replied but i felt uneasy about it. Read for yourself:
Part 1
Hello
I am micheal sasse .I am from the FORT WAYNE, INDIANA, but
currently in australia,I have a Son His name is
Chris,he is 12 years old and he is in grade 7. whom will be coming for
his vacation in your state ,and i wont want him to be less busy
during his stay there,so i just want to know maybe you can always
teach him great
things on any of {english or math}every 3 times in a week If this is
possible,i will want 3 weeks,.....He will be coming to your place for
1 hour each afternoon,.I have someone that will always drivehim down
to your house. I will be paying you for the three weeks which is
550usd like i stated in the ad for the whole 3 weeks, i will instruct
a check to be issued to you, i will send you an excess fund so you can
help transfer the rest money to my sons gaurdian who is in FORT WAYNE,
INDIANA through western union money transfer .so he can help my son
process isflight ticketso please get back to me with..

your full name and addres and your phone number so i can proceed
withthe payment and also fix time for his lectures...please get back
to me now.

Part 2-
hello i will like the tutor to start next week tuesday....the payment
will be issued out to you on thursday and it should get to you latest
on saturday once you get it please take it to you bank and catch it
deduct your fee and help send the rest fund to my sons gaurdian
through western union money transfer to help my son process his flight
ticket.. please let me know if next week is good to begin the tutor .

- Beware this email was sent September 9th and we have not had contact since then and the check came DHL today.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 8:38 am 

I just signed up for this mystery shopper on Craigslist about a month ago. There emailed saying that i was approve. Make a long store short. I got a 2750.00 check in the mail via Fedex. I had forgot all about signing up for the mystery shopper so I called the number on the invoice and it was to someone home. The lady told me she has been getting all kind of phone today from people in MD,VA,DC and in NJ. The this person went to the police station now she has and private investagator looking into this she want me to mail the check to the police station. Here is the letter that was sent to me.

Hello
We are a company that conduct surveys and evaluate other companies. We get hired to go to other peoples companies and act like customers in order to know how the staffs are handling their services in relation to their customers. once we have a contract to do, so you would be directed to the company or outlet, and you would be given the funds you need to do the job(either purchase things or require services), after which you would write a comment on the staffs activities and give a detailed record of your experience.

examples of details you would forward to us are
1) How long it took you to get services.
2) Smartness of the attendant
3)Customer service professionalism
4)Sometimes you might be required to upset the attendant, to see how they react to clients when they get tensed(under pressure).

And we turn the information over to the company executives and they would carry out their own duties in improving there services.

Most companies employ our assistance when people give complaints about their services, or when they feel there are needs for them to improve their customer service. Your Identity would be kept confidential as the job states (secret shopper) you would be paid $100 for every survey you carry out, and bonus on your transportation allowance, and funds would be given to you if you have to dine as part of the duty.

Your job will be to evaluate and comment on customer service in a wide variety of shops, stores, restaurant and services in your area. No commitment is made on this job, and you would have flexible hours as it suits you. If you are interested , you have to fill the list below so we can look at your distance from the locations which you have to put your service into, and your address would also be needed for your payments.

Before you fill the list below make sure you read the INDEPENDENT CONTRACTOR AGREEMENT attached to this mail before you will fill the application .

and this one was sent to me yesterday.

(Package Sent Out To You two days ago 27/09/08.......Starting Your Survey
and Evaluation on Monday 29/09/08

Dear Survey Agent,
Please note that your package for Evaluation as been sent out Two Days Ago
through FedEx Services will as scheduled the package to be
deliver to you Today by 10.30am
here is the Tracking #798023075383) kindly keep track of the package
till it get to you
You start your survey immediately you receive the package from the FedEx
, that mean you will be starting Today , the package contain the
payment for your evaluation
which is $200 and the payment you will use to carry out your
evaluation at the Western Union and Wal-mart.
More detail will be given to you on the Evaluation Instruction Letter
which will let you know more on how you will expand the payment on
your survey , the Evaluation
Instruction will be send to you as an attached email to you in this email

Please make sure that you have highlighted your potential Wal-mart and
Western Union outlets in your area .you will be evaluating both
Services between 24 hours after
you have received the package from Fedex .and the first three people
to give there report before 24 hours is going to get a free bonus

Ensure that you confirm via Email to us when you receive package Today
If you have any Question or anything you do not understand about the
survey you can contact me directly on this line , i will be more than
happy help you out and answer or email
your question.
Thanks .
Human Resource Department
Mrs Sandy Sidford
607-821-1978
609-543-2277

Post subject: Re: Mystery Shopper wal mart/money gram scam and others !!
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 10:51 am 

I have found several scams, all different in origin, but all seem to have a common denominator....
FIDO SOLTIONS out of Canada....we received a letter today, telling us to keep the check a secret, that we had won $4,900 or so (and this check looked very legit too) Once we cash the check we were to send them $1,000 or so for taxes. The check came supposedly from Zenith Financial Services, which does have a website, but little to no information on them. I cross referenced the phone numbers, once my boyfriend told me he called one of the numbers and actually spoke with someone who was encouraging him to cash the check of course.....I found that both numbers listed...778-858-1240 and 778-896-8677 end up as a cell phone, in Canada, and FIDO Solutions is listed on both accounts...I then decided to google them, and I'm glad I did....this is how I ran across this site...As my boyfriend and 1/2 the United States is out of work, times are bad for everyone and we now have to watch our backs from slimy sneeky sleeze balls who want to take advantage of our economic situation... This is horrible and someone needs to stop these creeps !!
Some people are not savvy on the computer, some don't even have a computer, and others are just plain ignorant to email and US postal scams...those will be the ones that these slimes get and I really feel for these unfortunate folks...we really need to unite !! Thanks for this site !!!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:15 pm 

Hello... I just found this page and I'm soo happy I did. I received 6 american express travelers checks all for 500 dollars. I'm obviously not going to cash them, but I don't know what I should do with them? Send them back? Destory them? I need help!! I fell for the same mystery shopping scam on craigslist. I'm really dissappointed with myself and craigslist because craigslist seems so legit. I really wanted to be a mystery shopper but not after this!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 6:32 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

evenangelsfall wrote:
I'm obviously not going to cash them, but I don't know what I should do with them? Send them back? Destory them?

I would turn them over to the police or destroy them.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 10:02 am 

The poster who mentioned gmail,yahoo,etc is exactly right.
All of the above free web based eMail services are wonderful and there is not a thing wrong with them
HOWEVER the mysteryshopping provider companies all have their own domain and will have a more "permenant"
eMail address.
This is not true of the schedulers who often use web based eMail addresses but you will have a long working history with them before they will ever use their personal eMail account to schedule you.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2008 2:06 pm 

So I also received a letter from "Nationwide Marketing" with a check for $3990. I was admittedly interested when I first saw the check but luckily I took the time to really look over the whole letter.

Here are some things that made me want to check this out:
- The address on the envelope says it's from Canada.. the address on the letter says it's from Mountain Home, ID.
- The e-mail address given is Nationwide_Marketing@ymail.com ... YMAIL?? Wow..
- They ask you to call this number (1-905-598-1519) to "validate" the check.
- Of the $3990, you get "paid" $400 for training..? Then you are supposed to wire $3500 of that through the Money Gram service at Wal-Mart to God knows where when all you would really need is $100 at MOST if you were just supposed to be evaluating the employees.
- There was no address on the check.. just SunTrust Banks, Inc.

The ink wasn't even dry when they slapped this together.. there are imprints of the check on the letter itself.

AND they misused the word "affectively" on the evaluation sheet. Just a small error but it annoyed me.

Anyway, so I googled the e-mail address and was brought to this website. Bravo to whoever created this because there are a lot of people out there who are getting these types of scams in the mail. The more awareness the better.

My question is.. how do these people get your info? Could they get your address and stuff from a resume posted online? (I only ask because mine says "customer service representative" in the title and that's what they claimed I applied for..) Or maybe that's just too advanced for them, I don't know.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 10  Next