ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 1:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
 Post subject: Re: Mystery Shopper wal mart/money gram scam
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2012 4:39 pm 

I wanted to report the latest as well. I received an email from "admin@careerbuilder.com", with a job offer. The message read that "We have job survey in your area and we are looking for qualified individuals to participate. If you are interested in working with us please download the attached file containing the registration form and more information about the position."
Of course the grammer wasn't perfect, but I wasn't too concerned yet.
I clicked on the attachment and filled out the application form, which was from a company called Mystery Shopper.

I received an email from Robert Moyer. He gave his email contact as strobertmoyer@aol.com, and gave me the same "congratulations secret shopper" speech. The 2 surveys I was to conduct was for a local Walmart and Western Union. The email indicated I would receive an assignment package that would explain everything about my assignments. Of course I never received this information. The only correspondance I did receive through the post office was a letter and 2 money orders (each for $955.). The instructions said to cash them and keep my salary of $200, plus $20 for transport/misc. and $50 to purchase an item at Walmart. After conducting the survey (which had not been sent to me!) I was to send the remaining funds to Bianca Newell at 279 E. Rodriquez Sr. Blvd., in Quezon City, Phillippines.

The correspondance was so blatently wrong in appearance, no letterhead and no return address on the envelope, and the money orders were not even signed (just initialled with J.L.). They were also International Money Orders, payable through Wells Fargo in Faribault, MN, but the envelope came from Dallas, TX.

I'm going to ignore any future emails I may receive from this person/company and I hope no one else falls victim to this scam!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:08 pm 

I received an email from someone whom I had never contacted about a part time job. I responded that I would like more information. I received this from marksantoscustomersjobs@gmail.com]:

Hello ,

Thanks so much for the mail.You are to evaluate either Wal-mart,Target or macy store (you have to choose only one store between Wal-mart,Target or macy store and evaluate) then you will evaluate money gram store near you..Thereafter we will be expecting an Incisive and detailed report from you via email using the pointers given as guidelines for your evaluation reports for both Wal-mart,Target or macy stores and Money Gram evaluations.You are to include the Money Gram reference code and Macy or Target store receipt number in your reports as it is required for Company feedback purposes on service delivery.your expenditures breakdown will be sent to you as soon as payment is sent out.You would be paid for every survey you carry out ,bonus on your transportation, allowance and funds would be given to you if you have to dine as part of the duty.Wal-mart,Target or macy stores and Money Gram outlet where you would evaluate would be email to you as soon as your funds have been mailed out to you.Please provide the below details so your funds can be mailed out to you as soon as possible for your first assignment;

Full Name:
Full Address: (NO P.O.BOX)
City:
State:
Zip Code:
Phone Number:(Cell):
Home:
Alternative Email;
Present Job:

NOTE: PROVIDE THE DETAILS AND SEND CONFIRM THAT YOU WILL BE READY TO WORK BY WRITTING CONFIRMED AND SENDING IT TO US AS A REPLY TO THIS MESSAGE.

Thanks
Mark Santos

Of course I'm not going to do it, but I replied asking his company name. Just wanted to add him to this list of scams in case anyone searches for his name, as I could not find anything about him. Good luck all!

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 7:37 pm 

Quote:
Of course I'm not going to do it, but I replied asking his company name. Just wanted to add him to this list of scams in case anyone searches for his name, as I could not find anything about him. Good luck all!

Thank you for taking your time to post this.

Media Reporter for ScamVictimsUnited.com

Google is your best online friend. Google everything.
http://www.google.com/

For Romance Love scams
http://romancelovescams.mysubdn.com/forum/index.php

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 138 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8, 9, 10