ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:42 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Work at Home Scam Victims
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 4:31 pm 

I am doing research on Work at Home scams for CBS News. I would like to talk to any victims of this type of scam who would be willing to share their story. Please send me a message.

Thanks,
Sara

Post subject: Re: Work at Home Scam Victims
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2007 10:47 pm 

SaraG22 wrote:
I am doing research on Work at Home scams for CBS News. I would like to talk to any victims of this type of scam who would be willing to share their story. Please send me a message.

Thanks,
Sara

Hi Sara,

I am not a victim, though I saw an advert on cable about making money while working from home and the website address was 45getmoney.com. Just for the fun of it, I visited their site and I could easily tell they are gathering personal information about people who fill the form for the 'free' information. Anyway, I looked them up through 'WHOIS' records as well as googled their domain registeration address. I landed on this forum and it was on this forum I found other people talking about them too. After digging further I found a 'Decision' on a legal forum about the same company. Here's the link "http://www.arb-forum.com/domains/decisions/150786.htm". It gives a detailed account of what other scam websites those people are running and also gives the actual company name and correct address of the company involved.

What I was wondering is, since you are working with CBS, you might be able to bring them out in the open so that people can know what they are up to.

I thought of contacting the Cox Cable company, here in Newport News, VA, and at least bring it into their notice that they are helping a company with bad intents, by running their advertisements. I am not aware what the legalities are, but it is both ethically and morally wrong for an advertising company to advertise for companies that are known to be involved in scams.

You probably may have a better leverage, I think.

Anyway, if it is something you can do, that will surely be great.

Thanks
Naved

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 3:02 am 

Scammers are banking on people reacting to get rich quick information, the more they get reaction the more they pump the garbage on the net.

Reality check - you do not get rich overnight unless you are one of the lucky ones to win a lottery somewhere. You have to put a lot of hours, sweat and hard work into building a reputable business and lucrative income. This could take years to blossom and you have to have the patience to see it through.

Anyone who tells you that you can make 4k from home in one week sitting at your computer you have to wonder how legit the opportunity is.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:45 pm 

I have checked those sites out and as soon as I see send in a low payment of I hit the X in the top corner. Now when I see something like that I send it to spam.