There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:06 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Check this one out
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 8:38 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

Okay, I KNEW it was a scam right away, but something in me made me reply to this one just for fun. I gave them a fake name and the mailing address for the MN Attorney General's office in my last reply. :lol:

-----Original Message-----
To: universalfabrics_frank4@hotmail.com
Sent: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 15:49:41 +0000
Subject: EMPLOYMENT OFFER

CEO Universal Fabrics & Fashion Inc
ADDRESS: NORTHTHUMBERLAND AVENUE LONDON, WC2N 5BW UNITED KINGDOM
TELEPHONE: +447031913135
FAX: +447030400438

Dear Sir/Madam,

Universal Fabrics & Fashion Inc needs a bookkeeper in the state, so I want to know if you will like to work online from home and get paid each time you receive payment on our behalf without leaving or affecting your present job. It's just that I presently run a textile and fabrics firm I inherited from my late Dad here in the London UK and we need someone to work for the company as a representative/book keeper in the states basically in the area of receives payment for us there.

My company produces various clothing materials, batiks, assorted fabrics and traditional costume, which we have clients we supply weekly in the states. My clients make payments for our supplies every time we make supplies in form of Money Orders, which are not readily cashable outside the United States, so we need someone in the States to work as our representative and assist us in processing the payments from our clients and I will he/she will be paid him payment is been allocated to him/her.

ALL YOU NEED TO DO IS RECEIVE THIS PAYMENTS FROM OUR CLIENTS IN THE STATES IN FORM OF MONEY ORDER AND THEN GET IT CASHED IN YOUR BANK THEN DEDUCT YOUR PAY WHCIH IS 10% OF THE TOTAL AMOUNT AND FOWARD THE BALANCE TO THE COMPANY DOWN HERE VIA MONEYGRAM OR WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER.

Our payments will be issued out in your name and you get them cashed in your bank deduct your 10% salary and forward the balance to the company via Money Gram

I WAIT YOUR URGENT RESPONSE.

Warmest Regards,
Frank Thomas.
CEO Universal Fabrics & Fashion Inc

----------------------------
To: universal_finance_co@excite.com
Date: Wed, 15 Feb 2006 12:45:51 -0500
Subject: Re: EMPLOYMENT OFFER

Since I used to be a costumer and LOVE sewing/fabric/fashion I would love the opportunity to become a part of your company.

Thank you,
Jenny

---------------------------------------
Hello Jenny

Thanks for your intrest, and we want you to know that this is not a joke.
All you have to do is fill out our company application form that is all, it does not cost any money to do this all what is needed is sincerity and honesty. You will have to deduct the sending fee from our own money before sending it.

HERE IS THE UNIVERSAL FABRICS & FASHION INC APPLICATION FORM, YOU ARE TO FILL AND RETURN IT BACK TO US:

FIRST NAME………………………… SURNAME………………………………
ADDRESS……………………………………………………………………………..
CITY…………………………………….. STATE…………………………………..
ZIP CODE……………………………….. COUNTRY……………………………...
PHONE NUMBER (S) ………………………………………
GENDER…………………………….. MARITAL STATUS……………………..
AGE………………………………….. NATIONALITY………………………….
ID NUMBER………………………….

ATTESTATION:

According to how you have been briefed earlier. You are required to receive payment on behalf of the above-mentioned firm. You are to deduct 10% of all funds which is for you processed on a particular order & forward the balance payment via Money Gram or Western Union to any of the companies’ regional warehouses that will be given to you later.

You will notify the company a week ahead if eventually you want to discontinue this job. So as to terminate all payment coming your way to avoid conflict.
In agreement to this kindly append signature below.

……………………………………… Mr. Frank Thomas Univers Fabrics &Fashion Inc.

SO ALL I NEED IS TO FOWARD YOUR INFORMATIONS TO OUR CLIENTS IN THE STATES AND THEY ISSUE PAYMENTS IN FORM OF MONEY ORDERS, THEN SEND IT TO YOU VIA MAIL OR COURIER.

I will need your Full name, Residential Address and Phone Number so we can forward it to our clients and they will start making payments to you as the company' representative in the states.

AS SOON AS WE CONFIRM ANY PAYMENT COMING TO YOU I WILL LET YOU KNOW AND I WILL GIVE YOU THE INFORMATION TO SEND FUNDS TO THE COMPANY VIA MONEYGRAM OR WESTERN UNION MONEY TRANSFER.

I AWAIT YOUR URGENT RESPONSE.
Warmest Regards,
Mr. Frank Thomas.

Financial Manager
Universal Fabrics &Fashion Inc.
Tel: +447031913135
Fax: +447030400438

------------------------------------

Now I just have to decide if when the say they have mailed me checks if I go with "they never arrived", "I got them and I am waiting for the bank to clear them" or " I wired the money and the reference code is . . . "

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch