ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:26 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Paid surveys - Never pay to join them
PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2005 9:06 pm 

There are many so called paid survey sites where you pay $35 or so and you just get a list of survey sites that you can go and join.

Why pay for them when it is available for free on the internet on sites like http://www.internetpaidsurveys.com . This is the best and free way and you will also escape from the spam which these so called paid survey companies send you

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2005 1:49 pm 

The way I see it is that people should not have to pay to work for a company period, no matter who the company is, if you have to pay be very suspicious that it could be a scam, they will make the money off of the sign on fees and neglect to do as promised.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 1:25 pm 

Here is alink to one of the best paid survey databases online. It's also free. And I agree, never join a paid membership site when sites like these are free.

Free Paid Surveys

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 30, 2005 7:02 am 

Nice site on the freewebs!

Post subject: Surveys - Paying to Work?
PostPosted: Tue Apr 11, 2006 12:03 am 

Paying for someone else's database or list of websites that pay for surveys is not a scam. Why don't people see this??? You're paying for a service and/or information. You're paying them for doing all of the searching and researching so you don't have to.

I don't own a site like this, but I purchase a membership to one. Sure the information is free - if you can find it. If you know how to search, etc... These companies/sites are not scams. They are selling you their nicely listed and easy to use list of what probably took them forever to put together.

And, these now FREE survey lists sites - well, they just stole all of the information from the other sites - so - who's scamming who? If it was all so easy to search and find then why would you need a free or paid list! You pay for reports, programs, information on how to's, etc... what's the difference. They're selling a easy to use list, targeted at what a consumer wants. Where's the scam in that???

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 14, 2006 1:34 pm 

What you said is absolutely wrong!
We are not stealing anybody's list. We have tested out these survey sites and discussed with our friends before writing the reviews of the best paid surveys. Anyway the so called survey databases contain mostly crap. 90% of their sites don't send any surveys.
You will better invest your money elsewhere!

Just to know the opinion of people who paid for these crappy databases and then regretted visit the better business bureau forum

Still, if you want to lose your money, no one can prevent you.

Post subject: 100% Legitimate Paid Surveys
PostPosted: Wed Jun 07, 2006 2:16 am 

There is a new paid survey website with over 375 legitimate paid surveys. They are real. It even tells you how to start a paid survey website and tells exactly how much website owners get when you sign up.

It really is the best source I have ever seen. Check it out:

http://www.paidsurveysfordummies.com

Post subject: Survey sites
PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2006 4:42 pm 

Sites representing themselves as survey sites are turning out to be mere advertiser steering sites where u are presented w/ a few questions and then directed to some Product Trial Offer. Through Panda Research I wound up signing up for a 90Day AOL Risk Free Trial. 6/21/06 I signed up, 6/24/06 my account was charged $25.90. Operative word in the offer was *RISK FREE TRIAL* AOL CHARGES UPFRONT FOR EVERY MONTH OF SERVICE.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 24, 2006 2:37 am 

While people do make money taking surveys online, most companies make it sound a lot easier than it actually is. Yes, you can sometimes get as much as $25 or more to fill out a single survey, but the catch is that you cannot simply take as many surveys as you like. In most cases, you must be registered with many different survey companies, and you must receive an invitation from one of these companies before you take the survey. And the bulk of the surveys you are invited to take will only pay $1 - $5. So in order to make a reasonable supplemental income with surveys (say, a few hundred dollars a month), you will first need to be registered with as many survey companies as possible. Then, you will need to sift through hundreds of emails each day to find surveys worth taking.

Post subject: Reply
PostPosted: Fri Aug 25, 2006 12:08 pm 

If you've paid for a website that lists other websites that will pay you to take surveys - how much money have you made doing this? How many websites have you had to subscribed to through them? How fast is the turn around and have you even made back the money you spent to become a member? If the answer to any of these questions is No - you got scammed!

Any descent search engine can bring you to a whole number of 'paid to take survey' websites, all you have to do is enter the criteria in.

The rule of thumb should always be - if you have to pay them to become a member just to get a list of anything - it's more than likely a scam! Buyer Beware! :oops: Unless of course you have so much money that instead of burning it, you want to give it away that is.....

Post subject: Re: Reply
PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2006 7:57 am 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

Dolphindance wrote:
Unless of course you have so much money that instead of burning it, you want to give it away that is.....

If anyone has that much money they can send it to me and I could start a grant program for the victims of counterfeit check scams! :wink:

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

Post subject: Reply
PostPosted: Mon Aug 28, 2006 7:46 am 

The grant program would be a wonderful idea, but so would going after the web hosters of these scam sites. We need to be shut down the websites and put these scammers out of business. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2006 1:53 am 

true..these scammers are getting onto my nerves, i have seen so many frends of mine getting duped :(

Post subject: I found a good site. And it's Free to Join, Yes they do pay!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 11:14 pm 

I found a great site. That really paids, and the checks are real.
First check, I already made in my first month $214.00 and second month 614.10.

No, it totally not a get rich quick site either. More for the stay at home mom's or someone that just wants to make a little extra cash for their selfs.

I done be scam too many times. I'm tried of it, I must be so stupid.
Now I have the stupid Bank man yelling at me. Like it's totally my fault.

I won't post it on here. I'm don't want to be a spammer.
If you want infor about it, Let me know I'll be glad to help.
This site is on the up and up. Please send me a message for more info. Thanks a Bunch, Finally I know, I'm not the only one that's a victium of scams.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 11:58 pm 

No way will I ever pay someone to make me money. If I can't make my own then I'll remain like most of America-poor!