ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:41 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Citi Financial Inc. - Novia Scotia - Unclaimed Funds
PostPosted: Mon May 25, 2009 7:57 pm 

My sister received a letter on May 8, 2009, Final Notice (Without Prejudice). It reads that she was a winner on USA MEGA MILLIONS drawing. In the letter it refers to Entry No. with the lucky numbers, and she had matched first 5 (five) numbers congratulated her. That she had won $250,000.00. They claimed that Multi-State Lottery Association had contacted them. They also attached a check in the amount of US $1,980.50 protion of her winnings provided to help her pay Insurance, Handling and Shipping fee. CITI Fininancil Inc. representiative in her area would deliver the $248,019.50 check directly to her door, after she completed the claim. She was then asked to call their agent assigned to her immediately after receiving the document to activate the check and start the claiming process. They gave her the Claims Manager'a name and telephone number, which after checking the area code of the telephone number is in British Colombia Canada.

Of course I advised her not to call, thinking it might be a scam. They have also given her a PIN Number. Could someone get back to me if it's for real. My sister is in her eighties and does not remember playing the Mega Lottery. If you need further information I have a copy of the letter with all the details.

Post subject: Re: Citi Financial Inc. - Novia Scotia - Unclaimed Funds
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:47 am 

Miss, Please let your sister know that this is a fraud. I too received the same letter and am taking the necessary actions to see to it that this is not going to go through. I have contacted the bank, citi financial, as welll as the elevator co that the check is posted through. Please tell your sister for me that I am very sorry and that with God's protection she will do just fine. I apologize that this happened to her as well as to me, but I felt an honest obligation to let you know. I hope all goes well for you and your sister. May God Bless you both.

Sincerely,
Michelle L. Lucia

Post subject: Re: Citi Financial Inc. - Novia Scotia - Unclaimed Funds
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 12:29 pm 

Michelle, thank you so much for letting me know that this is a scam. When they send these kind of notices, they seem so real it's hard to know for sure.

Luckly my sister has not responeded to it, nor called the agent they referred her to. How can these kind of scams be stopped. They seem to prey on the elderly who are not aware things like this are happening. I'll tell her to to shred the letter and check.

Again thanks.

Luckylu :shock: