ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:05 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Freelotto.com is real?
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 4:25 am 

I have received a letter from Freelotto.com.Is this lotery real or scam??

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:51 am 
no such thing as a free lotto

scam

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 23, 2006 8:53 am 

The following was provided by a third party. I provide it without comment or endorsement. Read it as you will:

Freelotto.com is a shady, yet legitimate company. It makes most of it's money selling your e-mail address to other companies and advertising through SPAM e-mails. While they will give some money out, your e-mail will be flooded with SPAM and other commercial e-mails.

Also, many players have accused the site of pressing them to buy merchandise or pay membership fees in order to collect prizes but never delivering the prizes they were told they won.

In addition, the prizes are often in the neighborhood of a dollar. While the company is taking your registration information and selling it to other marketers.

My advice would be to ignore the email.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 3:33 pm 
Gold Member

Hey, I think you swiped that from one of my FW posts. :lol: Swipe away.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 25, 2006 7:08 pm 

Imitation is the truest form of flattery :-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:07 pm 
Gold Member

:oops: Thanks :D

Post subject: SCAM
PostPosted: Sat Dec 09, 2006 8:20 pm 

what ever anyone tells you dont believe them im a victiam of this. it looks so really as they put up picturesof winners, but once they have your card number........ no more money, i had a feeling but i didint listen to it. they sent me an e-mail every single day saying i won, i mean come on who wins lotto every day, so i thought hey i'l give it a go so i put in my card details and waited and waited and waited, when i got my bank statement HOLY F**K yea thats what i was think everything was taken that night out of my bank, i cant beileve the length some of these people will go to just to get dirty money.

Post subject: "Free" lotto.com
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:24 am 

I am truly a pessemist with a lot of hope that things will get better, so when I recieved these Emails, I knew it was too good to be true. Though, like I said, I am also hoping life will get better, so I keep opening these emails hoping that one of them will have some new information about how to claim this prize without signing up to pay any monthly / weekly / daily subscription. Low and behold, one of them finally did. It's not much to go on, and I haven't personally entered it, but 2 of the emails i have recieved from them do state that if you write what is essentially an essay of a certain number of words stating why you deserve to win. There are a few other requirements needed for this email, but at least it looks like you don't ABSOLUTELy have to signe up for that stupid FAST system. If any of you have done this and know if it works, please let me know, $1 or $1,000,000 it all accounts for something to a single mother like me.

Post subject: Re: "Free" lotto.com
PostPosted: Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:20 pm 
LazyDazy wrote:
I am truly a pessemist with a lot of hope that things will get better, so when I recieved these Emails, I knew it was too good to be true. Though, like I said, I am also hoping life will get better, so I keep opening these emails hoping that one of them will have some new information about how to claim this prize without signing up to pay any monthly / weekly / daily subscription. Low and behold, one of them finally did. It's not much to go on, and I haven't personally entered it, but 2 of the emails i have recieved from them do state that if you write what is essentially an essay of a certain number of words stating why you deserve to win. There are a few other requirements needed for this email, but at least it looks like you don't ABSOLUTELy have to signe up for that stupid FAST system. If any of you have done this and know if it works, please let me know, $1 or $1,000,000 it all accounts for something to a single mother like me.

You might as well quit opening the emails, nothing is free.

Post subject: Millenium Processing Group
PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:53 am 

They almost got me. In the letter I received from Millenium Processing Center, 4850 Roman Square, PO Box 380, St Thomas, Virgin Islands, 00642-8720, they enclosed a check for $2,962.30 stating I had won $50,000 in the Global Drawing held in Dublin, Ireland...same crazy stuff - deposit check and send a western union for $2,800 to clear funds. I was to send it to Annie Core, 6811 Main St, Calgary, AB T2K4A1...of course there is no such address.

The fake check was drawn on Bank of America, 800 5th Avenue, Seattle, WA 98104...Check # 38359...shows account in the name of Network Computing Architects, Inc, 855 106th Ave NE, Bellevue, WQA 98004. phn # 519-991-0987...ABA routing# 125000024; acct # 69608. I am sure all is fraud. I am just not sure what to do with this check and letter.

I duped the girl into believing I had already cashed the check. I told her I was moving and had closed my bank account AFTER I cashed the check. She seemed to be concerned over this. I also told her I had a brother who lived in Calgary (who happened to be with the police) and I told her he would just go over to the Main Street address and give her the money in person. Again she said "Oh no, don't get your brother involved." You must do it through the Western Union." I pretened to be dumb and told her I didn't know what difference it would make.

But she was really upset when I told her I had closed my bank account and was leaving town with the $2,962.30 I had just cashed. Joke is on her. Who do report this to?

Post subject: Re: Millenium Processing Group
PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2007 9:16 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

paulacoome wrote:
Who do report this to?

You can try contacting your local FBI office and Attorney General's office . . . they may or may not take the information (kind of depends on which state you are in)

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 3:12 pm 

If a fake cheque comes through the mail, and you live in the US, the best place to take it to is the US Post Office and file a complaint with the Postal Inspector.

They take any fraud that uses the mail system very seriously where perhaps the local police may not share the same view.

Z