ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:14 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: ROYAL BRITISH LOTTO
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 7:48 pm 

[color=blue]Anyone who receives a check & a letter in the mail stating you won a lotto from a royal british lotto needs to report to the company the check was written to. DO NOT Deposit these checks. They are counterfiet. They are not real. Yeah sure you can deposit into your bank account & yes it will clear & your bank will tell you that the funds are available, but when the bank goes to retrieve the money from the company the check was written from it is going to show that the check is stolen. Before you get caught up in this big mess please DO NOT DEPOSIT these checks.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 8:22 pm 
what was the amount of the check

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Oct 20, 2006 9:55 pm 

$2998.50

Post subject: Royal British Lotto British Random Draws
PostPosted: Sun Oct 22, 2006 2:07 am 

Well, today I rec'd a check from Green County Bank, Greenville, Tennessee in the amount of $2,997.80. Supposedly I won $107,646.00 once a $7,854.00(6.8%)Sponsor's commission was subtracted. The letter that accompanied the check stated that I was to call my North American claim agent Debbie Jones, of Zenith Financial Management Group at 1496 Hollis Street, STE 202, Halifax, NS. Phone number 1-902-412-1240. The company listed at the top left hand of the check was Plastics, P.O. Box 1448, Greenville, Tennessee, 37744 and a large LMR logo was also on the left upper corner of the check and below that the words "injection Molded Products". The letter read nearly identical to others quoted on this forum except for the amount of the check. As soon as I read the letter and the part about keeping quiet about winning the lotto, as well as the fact that I had to claim the money by Oct. 27(less than a week away)I became suspicious and got on line to check it out. I suspected it was a scam. I am grateful to all who posted on this forum about this scam because it saved me the grief of finding out the hard way, although I had planned to check it out in some other fashion if I could not find anything on the web about it. But I certainly do appreciate people taking the time to post their experiences in here because I can relate those situations and my own to other people I know to warn them of this scam. I am sorry for those who deposited the checks and wish you all luck getting this straightened out.

Post subject: Royal British Lotto
PostPosted: Thu Nov 02, 2006 1:31 pm 

I also received a similar letter with a check from a college in Michigan. I called the college and they said that several people have cashed the checks. I also called the city of Alberta where this Zenith Financial is supposed to be and the address they provided for the company doesn't even exist. I filed a fraud report with the local police and gave them the information. I also for fun called the people just to see what they would say. They had a middle eastern or indian accent and wanted my information. Name address phone, etc... I just played dumb and said I wasn't comfortable giving that info and then "Brenda Rogers" (I have never met an Indian or middle Eastern woman by the name of "Brenda Rogers" before.....)She actually told me to f*&$ off, and hung up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2006 7:43 pm 

I ALSO GOT A LETTER TODAY PLUS A CHECK FOR 2996.20 THE LETTER SAID TO KEEP IT QUIET UNTILL YOUR CLAIM HAS BEEN PROCESSED. THE CLAIM AGENTS NAME WAS TONY ROGERS OF ZENITH FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT GROUP 440 SPENCER AVENUE , STE 3600, WINNIPEG, MB PHONE # WAS 1-204-952-4931 --THIS GUY WAS NOT SPEAKING VERY GOOD TO HAVE A NAME AS TONY---I FELT SKEPTICAL SO I GOT ON LINE TO FIND SOMETHINGS OUT AND LUCKILY I DID!! I HOPE EVERYONE WHO GETS THESE LETTERS AND CHECKS ALSO FEELS SKEPTICAL AND DOES NOT DEPOSIT IT ---I THOUGHT IT SOUNDED KINDA CRAZY BECAUSE THEY WANTED YOU TO SEND BACK 2,846.50 --- YEA RIGHT

Post subject: Another Lotto Scam Thwarted by ScamVictimsUnited
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:48 am 

Yesterday I also received a Royal British Loto "Award Certificate" claiming I won $115,500 along with a $2,995.75 check to finance the "international clearance fees" and told to keep it private until processed to "avoid double claiming or unwarranted taking of advantage of the program." The check was from a legitimate company called Childtime/Tutor Time Learning Centers. I'm so grateful for these postings because this website prevented me from cashing this fraudulent check. THANK YOU!!

Post subject: Bonanza 2000 Royal British Draws..same scam
PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2006 11:00 pm 

Received check Written on a "ChildTime/Tutor Time" Learning Center in Novi, Michigan. Very suspicious initially, since the check NOT from Zenith Financial Management Group...same letter as everyone else..same basic amount $2,995.75. Glad I did a little research and found this site.

Post subject: royal british lotto
PostPosted: Sun Nov 19, 2006 2:01 pm 

i received my letter last week with ck in amount of $2995.75; i was going to take it to my bank and discuss it with them next week; but it seems that i don't have to make that wasted trip to the bank; my check was also written on childtime/tutor time; i knew it was too good to be true; i even called 1-403-890-8671 and spoke with brenda smith of zenith financial management group, and she assured me this was legit; she even gave me the address of where to send the $2995.75; what a sick world we live in today!

Post subject: scared and confused!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:05 pm 

I received one of those check's as well in the mail today, for, $2,998.40, and I DIDdeposit into my account, now that I have been directed to your site, I am scared to death, because I did deposit this check into my account today!!!!!!!!!!!! What do I do know? can anyone help me?
I have four kid's and a husband that is currently laid up from surgery.
Can anyone help? why can't these people be stopped from doing this to innocent, hard working people like myself?
Help, lisa

Post subject: Re: scared and confused!
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:10 pm 
lisagriess wrote:
I received one of those check's as well in the mail today, for, $2,998.40, and I DIDdeposit into my account, now that I have been directed to your site, I am scared to death, because I did deposit this check into my account today!!!!!!!!!!!! What do I do know? can anyone help me?
I have four kid's and a husband that is currently laid up from surgery.
Can anyone help? why can't these people be stopped from doing this to innocent, hard working people like myself?
Help, lisa

Just let your bank know, they will place a hold on the check, they will assess you a small return check fee when the counterfeit is returned. They will appreciate your call.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 30, 2006 11:13 pm 

does this mean I will be out some money of my own?

Post subject: I deperatley need your help.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:12 am 

:( I received a letter which was accompanied with a check for $2,996.00. In the letter it stated that I had won a royal british drawing. I called the the claim agent who's name was Brandy Hall from Alberta. I told her that I never entered a Lotery and she said that it was a random drawing from my networks saved data. She told me to not tell anyone about winning the lotto because if i did then the bank would call the IRS and they will not get as much money. She told me to deposit the check in the bank so that I could receive $ 107,646.00 and to call her back when I have done so to let her know when the check will clear. So I deposited the check and called her back. She then told me to that once the money clears, withdraw all of the money and western union it to a north american agent by the name of Mrs. Sandra Anderson. 490 Lethbridge, Alberta Canada. The company on the check was called XIV Karats LTD of california. I called Brandy hall back after looking up the business and asked her why was this check sent from a jewelry company. She stated to me that because so many people win the lottery but can't afford the fees to get their winnings this jewelry company is sponsoring those people. This her telephone number 403-399-5627. What do I do now? I am so afraid to even go back to the bank to tell them that this a scam. I don't want to go to jail I am a single mom.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:56 am 
lisagriess wrote:
does this mean I will be out some money of my own?

Yes, but just the returned check fee, at my institution that is 5 dollars. Call them, tell them, it is better for you to contact them than the check to be just charged back.

Post subject: Re: I deperatley need your help.
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 6:58 am 
STACEYSMAR5 wrote:
:( I received a letter which was accompanied with a check for $2,996.00. In the letter it stated that I had won a royal british drawing. I called the the claim agent who's name was Brandy Hall from Alberta. I told her that I never entered a Lotery and she said that it was a random drawing from my networks saved data. She told me to not tell anyone about winning the lotto because if i did then the bank would call the IRS and they will not get as much money. She told me to deposit the check in the bank so that I could receive $ 107,646.00 and to call her back when I have done so to let her know when the check will clear. So I deposited the check and called her back. She then told me to that once the money clears, withdraw all of the money and western union it to a north american agent by the name of Mrs. Sandra Anderson. 490 Lethbridge, Alberta Canada. The company on the check was called XIV Karats LTD of california. I called Brandy hall back after looking up the business and asked her why was this check sent from a jewelry company. She stated to me that because so many people win the lottery but can't afford the fees to get their winnings this jewelry company is sponsoring those people. This her telephone number 403-399-5627. What do I do now? I am so afraid to even go back to the bank to tell them that this a scam. I don't want to go to jail I am a single mom.

You will not get in any trouble as long as you do not try to get the money. Contact the bank and let them know, it is the best thing you can do. No worries.