ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 5:27 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Swiss Lotto scam check $3,500.00
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 4:47 am 

Today I received one of the letters and checks, but mine is from the Swiss Lotto for $3,500.00 "strictly to pay your tax and administrative charges. This ceck is a deduction from your winnings and should be deposited in your account. To claim your prize, please call your agent Kavin Jones at the International Processing Center for further details" When I called, I spoke with a man with an Indian or Pakistani accent who was not very sure of himself. I got the distinct impression that I caught him off guard.

The check is written on the US Bank Wausau, Wausau, WI dated 11/7/06. The numbers along the bottom are 1308776 075911603 520002 309. It is signed by George Eeiler (?). The upper left corner has University of Winsconsin (yes, WINSconsin!!) Hospitals and Clinics Authority 600 Highland Ave Madison, MI 53792. They went all out with special fading ink and a "knight" and "fingerprint" and watermarks other fancy stuff on it claiming it has all these "security features." I am in California.

I was somewhat suspicious so asked my bank teller about it before depositing it. He said that it was a scam and that it would come back not good and didn't recommend depositing it. I thankfully took his advice and didn't. He suggested calling the number again and tell them that the bank said it was a fraud and he predicted that they would hang up on me and if I tried to call back that they would not answer. I haven't called back, but did find your website and found that the number I was given to call "Kavin Jones at the International Processing Center, 1212-90TH STREET SUITE 2000, NIAGRA FALLS, NY 14304-2602 (902)412-3587" is in fact with a Nova Scotia area code -- not NY.

My letter says it is the Swiss Lotto and that I have won $67,000.00 at the "Annual Global Draw held in Zurich Switaerland on Oct 23rd" It says "All contestants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn from different enterprises such as reader digest, publishers clearing house, online sweepstakes and internet users. Stemming form all across the world including Austria, new Zealand, Europe, North and South America and Asia" The letter is signed by DAVID DEKKER, PRIZE DIRECTOR.

In red, there is a "Special Notice! Please, for your safety and security and to avoid false claims, keep your winning in absolute confidence. The deadline to collect your prize is December 8th, 2006. To not miss your chance, please respond within a timely fashion. Any unclaimed proceeds willbe ditributed to charitable organisations." (note: misspellings are as they are in the letter.)

Thank you for having this website -- I read all the postings on the lottery and learned a lot and hope that the above data will keep someone from being scammed. I will also notify the various agencies that you suggest.[/b]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2006 7:13 am 
You need to change your username, to NOTbeenscammed. Good for you, information is the key to avoiding these scammers.

Thanks Shawn for the board...................

Post subject: Swiss Lotto Scams $3500.00
PostPosted: Tue Nov 21, 2006 12:22 pm 

Thank you for posting that, it helped me not to go for it and I give my check and letter to the cops. the cops said that THEY DO THIS TO OLDER PEOPLE THAT DON'T HAVE COMPUTER TO CHECH IT OUT Thanks again :D