ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 7:38 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 7:03 am 
It is strange, I have came across a few of these checks right below the $3000 mark like many of you have described, but the majority of the conterfeits I am seeing are $4450. The checks are all similar and even have the same signature, I just pulled on out of a guy's account yesterday, it was titled Osborne and was a lottery scam.

I know somebdy out there is seeing these checks as well.

A side note, the counterfeit American Express Gift Cheques for $500 are out there in full force, keep your eyes open for them.

The holidays are close, the scamming will pick up in December.

Post subject: Brittish Royal Lotto
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:01 am 

I am SSOOOO Happy that I found this to be a scam, and that many people are aware of this. Something has to be done to stop these people. I was involved in an inet scam to work as a median for an ART Sculptor who was selling his sculptures here in the US. In payment I received $5000 worth in COUNTERFEIT American Express Gift Checks, unbeknownts to me. Before I could check more into his company, and this person, the checks were sent to me. Me being the very honest person, and naively trusting person I am, and GOD fearing, did exactly as this person wanted me to do. Took them to my bank, cashed them and sent $4500 through Western Union to Benin Africa, where this person would be. Needless to say, a week later, American Express had returned the checks to my bank, and I am now in the process of paying my bank back $5000. I tried to open a Counterfeit case with American Express and am getting NO WHERE!!! So now I am going to warn American Express that they are enabling the Counterfeiters by not helping the people who are trying to open Counterfeiting cases with American Express. I will do something about this, and it will be taken care of.

Since this, I have been a victim of the first scam, I have gotten a scam a day sent to me by everyone who is trying to scam anyone.

Post subject: Re: Brittish Royal Lotto
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:06 am 
flametlm wrote:
I am SSOOOO Happy that I found this to be a scam, and that many people are aware of this. Something has to be done to stop these people. I was involved in an inet scam to work as a median for an ART Sculptor who was selling his sculptures here in the US. In payment I received $5000 worth in COUNTERFEIT American Express Gift Checks, unbeknownts to me. Before I could check more into his company, and this person, the checks were sent to me. Me being the very honest person, and naively trusting person I am, and GOD fearing, did exactly as this person wanted me to do. Took them to my bank, cashed them and sent $4500 through Western Union to Benin Africa, where this person would be. Needless to say, a week later, American Express had returned the checks to my bank, and I am now in the process of paying my bank back $5000. I tried to open a Counterfeit case with American Express and am getting NO WHERE!!! So now I am going to warn American Express that they are enabling the Counterfeiters by not helping the people who are trying to open Counterfeiting cases with American Express. I will do something about this, and it will be taken care of.

Since this, I have been a victim of the first scam, I have gotten a scam a day sent to me by everyone who is trying to scam anyone.

Been hearing this country lately?

Post subject: Counterfeit American Express Gift Checks
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:08 am 

:evil: These people are Evil and we have to be smart enough to stop them! I am not giving up until I bring someone down for the counterfeit American Express Gift Checks! And that includes going after American Express for them to take more action to help prevent the counterfeting of these checks!

Post subject: Re: Counterfeit American Express Gift Checks
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 10:14 am 
flametlm wrote:
:evil: These people are Evil and we have to be smart enough to stop them! I am not giving up until I bring someone down for the counterfeit American Express Gift Checks! And that includes going after American Express for them to take more action to help prevent the counterfeting of these checks!

I am afraid you are fighting a losing battle.

Post subject: Royal British Lotto
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:27 am 

I received a check yesterday. I knew right away it had to be a scam. I called the bank on the check Middlesex Savings Bank, and they stated that it was scam. I fax them a copy of the check I received along with the letter.

I feel really sorry for anyone that cash the check, and sent them money.
:wink:

Post subject: Re: Royal British Lotto
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 11:31 am 
amom1st wrote:
I received a check yesterday. I knew right away it had to be a scam. I called the bank on the check Middlesex Savings Bank, and they stated that it was scam. I fax them a copy of the check I received along with the letter.

I feel really sorry for anyone that cash the check, and sent them money.
:wink:

It happens everyday, I deal with those people. Nobody in that situation is happy.

Post subject: BONANZA 2000 ROYAL BRITISH DRAWS AWARD CERTIFICATE
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:05 pm 

HELLO EVERYONE I JUST WANTED TO LET EVERYONE KNOW THAT ON 11/30/06 I ALSO RECEIVED A BONANZA 2000 ROYAL BRITISH DRAWS AWARD CERTIFICATE LETTER IN THE MAIL. AS SOON AS I OPENED IT I KNEW IT WAS A SCAM.

1)I DID NOT PLAY NO LOTTO FOR THE ROYAL BRITISH I ONLY PLAY CALI. THAT SEEMED FUNNY RIGHT OF THE BAT!
2) THE TOTAL AMOUNT ON THE CHECK WAS FUNNY!
3) THE CHECK WAS ISSUED FROM A DD WIRE COMPANY INC.
4) I CALLED 1 (204) 951-4196 AND TALKED TO DEBBIE BROWN ON 12/01/06 & SHE SAID, " YOU NO YOU WON?" I SAID, " NO, NEVER HEARD OF YOU" SHE SAID, " IT'S A REAL CHECK GO AHEAD AND CASH IT AND KEEP IT CONFENDITIAL UNDER THE CHECK CLEARS AND A CARRIER ARRIVES AT YOUR DOOR WITH THE REMAINDER OF YOUR MONEY WHICH WAS SO CALLED $107,646.00.
5) ANOTHER CLUE WHEN THEY TELL YOU KEEP IT CONFENDITIAL (SCAM)
6) I ALSO NOTIFIED BANK OF THE WEST CAUSE THERE NAME IS ON THE CHECK AND GAVE THEM THE CHECK NUMBER.

PLEASE WATCH OUT FOR THESE TYPE OF SCAMS IF YOU SECOUND GUESS IT THEM YOU SHOULD QUESTION IT AND CALL WHO EVERY IT IS![/b]

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Dec 01, 2006 12:15 pm 
Glad to hear you did not lose any money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Dec 04, 2006 8:51 pm 
Gold Member

Thanks for posting, the more that people know about lotto scams, the safer we are.

Post subject: Another One
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:29 am 

These people are really trying to get me.I received another one but the name on it it Metorwinners! Everything on it it the same. I can't believe it!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 8:37 am 
The counterfeits I am seeing right now, received 3 yesterday, all have similarities. All are now saying "Official Check" at the top, that is different, they are presenting themselves as bank checks, and they all have the same Canadian stamp, an 89 cent yellow lilly flower stamp.

Something to look out for, anybody receiving these same checks?

Post subject: the outcome!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:05 am 

Hello everyone,
Just wanted to let everyone know what happened with me depositing that bogust check into my account. I went to the bank on thursday, around 4:00, deposited that stupid check (i was so excited that I had won that much money) then I wen't to work, (I'm a waitress) all night that was all I could think about, and it just started to sound to good to be true!
So when I got home, I looked it up on the internet and boy to my surprize, I was brought to this website, my heart fell clear to my feet!!!!!!!!
I called the ceo of my bank, and explained to him what had happened, and thankfully they had not sent the check anywhere yet, and he pulled it right out of my accunt for me! I was so happy and releived!
These people are absolutely heartless picking on us hard working people just trying to get by! I can only imagine how much money I would have been out if I would have sent them what they wanted.
I feel so stupid! I was very vulernable, needing the money so badly!
Four kid's, I just had a major back surgery, and my husband just had back surgery aswell, not to mention christmas just week's away!
I was very happy to hear that I had won $107,000. (yeah right)
Thank you so much for this website, you really saved my tail!
huggs to all!!!!!!! lisa

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:07 am 
Gold Member

Hi, and welcome to SVU. No, you aren't stupid. The scammers have been doing this for years, and have had time, unfortunatly, to hone their practice and become good at what they do.

Post subject: Re: the outcome!
PostPosted: Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:22 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

lisagriess wrote:
Thank you so much for this website, you really saved my tail!

Glad that we could help! :D

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 48 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next