ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: global processing group scam
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:36 am 

hello i was reading everyones messages about this scam and i am another victim because i got my letter in the mail 2 days ago and i was like hee i won something finally so anyways i went to the bank deposited and i called the number on my letter and i was suposed to talk to some guy named larry clark but aundrea cohen answered and said that she would take care of it for me and i talked to her and she told me i was one of the 27 winners of 50,000 i was like wow really and i asked her if this was real and not a scam and she was like no mam this is real call me back after you deposited the check i will give you an address to send the money and you will have you 50,000 check by friday ups delievry i was like ok playing along with her
know my bank called me today and told me it was fake i was like really ok so i called the lady back and she was like i dont know how thats possiable 16 other checks went right threw and she was like i am going to talk to the security deparment and ask them why your check was considered a fake and i told her that i am not putting anymore checks in my bank dont send me anymore and she was like i understand i am going to call you back about this matter and see if they can send you the winnings and take out the processing fees from that and i told her well my bank is know investagating you guys because of this check being a fake and she was all nervous and i was really pissed off at her i said i was not happy and dont like being lied to and i told her i was going to get a lawyer and sue them and get all the information i need to track you guys down and all she kept doing was saying how sorry she was

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:38 am 

lexluther wrote:
Has anyone called them and told them that the check is deposited and now they are ready to receive the rest of the money? i curious to see what happens?

i called them and she was saying she was sorry about the fake check and said she will call me back about the matter to get me the rest of the money

Post subject: Re: global processing group scam
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 9:46 am 

sabrina8119 wrote:
hello i was reading everyones messages about this scam and i am another victim because i got my letter in the mail 2 days ago and i was like hee i won something finally so anyways i went to the bank deposited and i called the number on my letter and i was suposed to talk to some guy named larry clark but aundrea cohen answered and said that she would take care of it for me and i talked to her and she told me i was one of the 27 winners of 50,000 i was like wow really and i asked her if this was real and not a scam and she was like no mam this is real call me back after you deposited the check i will give you an address to send the money and you will have you 50,000 check by friday ups delievry i was like ok playing along with her
know my bank called me today and told me it was fake i was like really ok so i called the lady back and she was like i dont know how thats possiable 16 other checks went right threw and she was like i am going to talk to the security deparment and ask them why your check was considered a fake and i told her that i am not putting anymore checks in my bank dont send me anymore and she was like i understand i am going to call you back about this matter and see if they can send you the winnings and take out the processing fees from that and i told her well my bank is know investagating you guys because of this check being a fake and she was all nervous and i was really pissed off at her i said i was not happy and dont like being lied to and i told her i was going to get a lawyer and sue them and get all the information i need to track you guys down and all she kept doing was saying how sorry she was

Wow, did you ever get to take out any money from the bank?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 10:29 am 

Well I called my bank this morning and talked to them about the check. They said it went through. So the moneys there. I'm not gonna mess with it right now, but it cleared they said with no problem. If someone calls for the next step let me know, I cant get hold of my lady, and her mail box is full.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:47 pm 

As Armac said, DON'T touch the money! It will take the check weeks or even months to come back as fake, and when it does, your bank will be coming after you for the money!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 12:59 pm 

any new info out there? Anyone get in contact w/ Global regarding the second step to receiving their 50,000. Let me know?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:15 pm 
Babygurly85 wrote:
Well I called my bank this morning and talked to them about the check. They said it went through. So the moneys there. I'm not gonna mess with it right now, but it cleared they said with no problem. If someone calls for the next step let me know, I cant get hold of my lady, and her mail box is full.

It has not cleared, your bank has given you provisional access to the money, when it is returned, and it will be, the bank will want their money back.

What is the amount of the checks you are receiving?

Post subject: Re: Global Processing Group potential scam?
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:34 pm 

Armac-
Demon84 wrote:
Enclosed in the letter was a check for $2962.30 USD.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:42 pm 
Everybody the same amount?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 1:53 pm 

I don't know, but googling the amount brought up THIS little gem:
Quote:
Sheriff Dale Elsen reported that a Marshall County resident had received what appeared to be a cashier's check from Pacer Global Logistics. Elsen said it appeared to be a sweepstakes scam. The check was written for $2962.30 and it was turned over to the sheriff's office

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:33 pm 

Anybody follow up on this?

I recieved a check today for the same amount as the rest of you, with Vanessa Moore as my agent.

I'm thinking about calling Vanessa and telling her I cashed the check and the funds are available...has anyone done this yet?

So i guess this is just a scam to get people into debt? The checks coming back fake after the money is spent, and even worse if the person cashes the check, then gets the $47,000 dollar check and does the same...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 4:58 pm 
What area is everybody in, this must be a MASS mailing

Post subject: This is a fraud!!!
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 7:51 pm 

My wife received one of those letters in the mail today. We checked out online and got ahold of the phone number for the bank that the check was supposidly drafted from, and called them. As soon as the customer service rep. heard the name of the company, she told us to destroy it becuase it was a fraud. DO NOT DEPOSIT THIS CHECK!!!!

The company used the bank name on the check without actually holding an account there. Apperently there have been several reports of this company, and the bank is in the process of reporting it as a scam to the gov.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:04 am 

Here's an update:

I called Vanessa back and told her that I deposited the check and that the funds were available. She instructed me to go to the nearest Western Union and make out a check in the amount of $2810.50 and mail it to:

Connie Tecor
6811 Huntridge
Calgary, Alberta T2K4A1

After "Connie" recieves the check, she supposedly gives me a confirmation number, in which I have to return back to Vanessa. Then, Vanessa will send me the rest of my winnings.

The way this scam works, is after the funds are available in your bank, the average joe thinks, hey this is for real! With that in their head, they don't hesitate to send the money to Connie. Well after you've sent the money Western Union, a couple weeks later, the check comes back as a fake or counterfeit, and your held liable for the missing funds. Connie is off with $2810.50.

Hopefully the information i've provided will aid in the capture of these theives.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 9:15 am 

Hi guys. I got the same letter, same amount, same company. My "claims agent" is Vanessa Moore. The number given can not accept any more messages. The scammers have probably bailed on it.

I called the company that my check is from, "Perma-Bound" of Roselle, Illinois. The rep I talked to was very helpfull. She informed me that many of their checks had been stolen and that the athorites were investigating the matter. She asked for my name and the check number which I gave her. She also told me that she had recived several similar calls from people like me. I've been asked to fax a copy of the check, letter, and envelope to them.

If the name in the upper left of your check says "Perma-Bound" you can help out by faxing a copy of it and the letter to:

Diane Reynolds
Toll free fax: 1 800 551 1169

Very disapointing.. :roll:

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next