ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 4:52 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: The Revvo Caster Company Inc. FAKE CHECK 50,000 IS A SCAM
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:01 am 

Do not deposit this check for $2962.30, this is nothing but an attempt to get access to your account information, I checked out Keybank National, it has many fraudulent claims, a man with a Jamacian accent answered the phone and would not give me a list of departments or phone numbers of the bank.
If you are smart you will tear this check up and make a report to the FBI, this is a classic trick for someone to take your money and run, it is also, highly illegal.
I received the same letter and have forwarded copies to the Attorney General , FBI , Better Business Bureau, PCH, Readers Digest, and the local police department.

I have also, learned that any legimate prize give away does not require you to deposit a so called check for processing fees, processing fees are not required and any taxes federal, local, or state are the sole responsibilty of the prize winner.

I also have contacted the National Lawyer's Association.
I was advised that legimate organizations do not ask you to expend any money or account information without the proper legal documentation.

The letter is obviously a cheaply printed duplicate.
And on closing most so called prize money originating in the Virgin Islands is almost always a scam, international law does not apply there.

Hope this helps, if you have deposited the check call your bank and have it suspended immediately and ask for a new account #.

Hope this information helps.

Post subject: Counterfeit Check Scam
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:17 am 

I too received the same letter and called every number on the check and in the letter. The bank, which is the Harris Bank in Roselle, IL said destroy the check. Perma-Bound, the company, said destroy the check. And when I tried to call the agent, Vanessa Moore, there is now a message that the number is no longer accepting calls. These people have been caught or are on the run. If you deposited the check, hopefully, you can still cancel and you didn't lose any money along the way.

Post subject: Global Processing Group
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 11:50 am 

I also received a letter. I deposited the check, and when the funds were available on Monday, I sent a Western Union to a gentleman named David Owens in Calgary, Alberta in the amount of $2810.50. I was to receive a call from him in 24-48 hours. I have not received the call yet. I have tried to call Andrea Cohen at 902-412-3478 and her mail box is full. I have spoken to her on two occassions. I sure hope this is not a scam.

Post subject: Re: Global Processing Group
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:11 pm 
timetobefit wrote:
I also received a letter. I deposited the check, and when the funds were available on Monday, I sent a Western Union to a gentleman named David Owens in Calgary, Alberta in the amount of $2810.50. I was to receive a call from him in 24-48 hours. I have not received the call yet. I have tried to call Andrea Cohen at 902-412-3478 and her mail box is full. I have spoken to her on two occassions. I sure hope this is not a scam.

You are going to have some problems, that check is bad

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:14 pm 
Somebody post me the account number that is on those checks, I want to run that account number on our system..............PM if you want to

Post subject: Re: The Revvo Caster Company Inc. FAKE CHECK 50,000 IS A SCA
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:16 pm 
tmagoutx wrote:
Do not deposit this check for $2962.30, this is nothing but an attempt to get access to your account information, I checked out Keybank National, it has many fraudulent claims, a man with a Jamacian accent answered the phone and would not give me a list of departments or phone numbers of the bank.
If you are smart you will tear this check up and make a report to the FBI, this is a classic trick for someone to take your money and run, it is also, highly illegal.
I received the same letter and have forwarded copies to the Attorney General , FBI , Better Business Bureau, PCH, Readers Digest, and the local police department.

I have also, learned that any legimate prize give away does not require you to deposit a so called check for processing fees, processing fees are not required and any taxes federal, local, or state are the sole responsibilty of the prize winner.

I also have contacted the National Lawyer's Association.
I was advised that legimate organizations do not ask you to expend any money or account information without the proper legal documentation.

The letter is obviously a cheaply printed duplicate.
And on closing most so called prize money originating in the Virgin Islands is almost always a scam, international law does not apply there.

Hope this helps, if you have deposited the check call your bank and have it suspended immediately and ask for a new account #.

Hope this information helps.

They cannot get access to your account info, a counterfeit check would not be returned to the counterfeiter, and reading the back of the check is the only way to get your account info.

Post subject: sorry but this is a scam
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:19 pm 

I am very sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but this is a scam. My only suggestion would be that you file a case with the National Lawyer's Board, and if this outfit is ever caught you may recover your losses; however, that is very unlikely.
Remember legimate sweepstakes, do not send you a check and ask you to deposit, this sent a red flag to me immediately, it isn't even logical.
Also, the envelope had no company logo or return address.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:22 pm 

Armac I wouldn't be so sure about that,

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:24 pm 
tmagoutx wrote:
Armac I wouldn't be so sure about that,

I am a fraud investigator for a bank, that counterfeit check is returned to the bank. The counterfeiterrs will never see that check again..........

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:29 pm 

welll i really dont care what you are.
All I am trying to do is keep anyone from getting taken advantage of,
and not put their hard earned money into crooks pockets/

And I still say this is a scam, people if you are smart you will thouroughly investigate it, before signing over your money.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 12:53 pm 
tmagoutx wrote:
welll i really dont care what you are.
All I am trying to do is keep anyone from getting taken advantage of,
and not put their hard earned money into crooks pockets/

And I still say this is a scam, people if you are smart you will thouroughly investigate it, before signing over your money.

It is a scam, try not to get so worked up............read the thread, I said 2 pages back the checks are bad.

Have a good day...................... :lol:

Post subject: Re: Global Processing Group
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:20 pm 

timetobefit wrote:

Your going to be out $2,962.30. That check is going to come back bad and your bank is going to come after you for that money.

I really feel sorry for everyone that falls for this scam.

Good luck to you, timetobefit.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:32 pm 

Armac is 100% correct. This is a bog standard fake cheque scam that will get anyone that send the money nearly $3000 in debt. Tear up the cheque, do NOT try to cash it. If you deposited the cheque, contact your bank immediately and let them know that you suspect the cheque is fake.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:36 pm 

My grandma recived one of these letters and she called the lady vannessa. My grandma aaked her is this a scam and the lady was like no mam this is not so my grandma put the check in the bank... I decided to go looking for the place because I just found it odd. That is when I found this sit.. I have been following everything for the past three days.. We did go to her bank they took the money out of the account and put it into a diffrent account with a hold on it so that the money cant be used at, because we all know it is going to come back as a fraud then they will just close the account.. I feel sorry for anyone who follows the directions because that can be a real bummer and I really hope that these people are caught my grandma was so excited and now she has been stomped on by some dumb scammers. Hopefully these people are caught! Good luck to everyone ~Amanda :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2006 1:46 pm 

slayerfaith wrote:
Armac is 100% correct. This is a bog standard fake cheque scam that will get anyone that sends the money nearly $3000 in debt. Tear up the cheque, do NOT try to cash it. If you deposited the cheque, contact your bank immediately and let them know that you suspect the cheque is fake.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 15  Next