ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:55 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:58 am 

here are some reporting sites with alot of links to report scams and fraud around the world. they are associated with law inforcement around the world.

http://www.crimes-of-persuasion.com/Victims/reporting.htm

http://www.consumer.gov/sentinel/

I dont know if it will help, but when I did my own investigating it helped me.

keep posting here also :wink:

Post subject: my SUBJECT:AWARD CLAIM NOTIFICATION
PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 11:58 pm 

Got a "Real" (bad) check today written by EBS, A Division of Elite Financial Inc 200 Feeeway Drive East
East Orange New Jersey 07018

Drawn from Citizens Bank Massachusetts

for $1980.00

check #s 011737 211070175 1137416995

MY Prize letter had the sanme wording as everyone esle's.
My "Claims Agent" is Sandra Parker 1-905-920-1149

Im an averagly intelligen guy and this looked real to me but fishy.

SOmeone should tell "LOTTO, READERS DIGEST, PUBLISHERS CLEARING HOUSE, SWEEPSTAKES" corporate lawyers to go after these sleazebags.

Was going to deposit it in an old bank accoutn with a balance of $35 to see what hapopened LOL
But I wont even bother.

THANKS FOR PUTTING UP THIS FORUM!
A Great Service!
Hope it helps othere not get fooled!

Coulda used the money tho!
:P

Whaaaaaa!

: )

Chuck

Post subject: Got the same letter just today....
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:36 am 

Global Finance INC.
Main Brance; 323 Bay Street. Nassau, Bahamas.
Sponsors; DIGEST, PUBLISHER'S CLEARING HOUSE, SWEEPSTAKES.
Judith Dee Visco
[Address]
SUBJECT: AWARD CLAIM FINAL NOTIFICATION.
LOT-CBS3610 & CLAIM-JV21485/32907.
People's Vision and thinking determines their success in life, and the reason for your good fortune is clear. After numerous attempts to reach you have failed, we are pleased to inform you through this letter that our network system shows you as the lucky winner of unclaimed prize money in the amount of 43,000 USD (Forty Three Thousand Dollars). The system indicates that you won the award on March 2nd, 2007 sweepstakes draws.
All participants were selected through a computer ballot system drawn from Reader's digest, Publisher's Clearing house, Computer games, sweepstakes date base, are from Australia, New Zealand, Europ, North and South America, South Africa and Asia, as this is our International Promotions Program, which is conducted annually CONGRATULATIONS!!
It is important to remind you of the federal and International Laws guiding the fairness in personal collection of cash prizes. The law requires a winner to pay applicable Taxes and Processing feesbefore all the funds are relased. The same laws also prevent you from paying with your personal money but from your winning money.
Your funds are now deposited with us and are now insured in your name. Please find enclosed check of 2,975.00 USD. payable to you and must be deposited only to the payees account cashed and part sent to the registration, processing and paying office to finalize your claims. This amount is in adcance for processing out to you upon receipt of your confirmation. We adcise that you keep your lot and claim numbers confidential until your claim had been proberly processed and funds are remitted to you as this is part of our security protocol to acoid any DOUBLE CLAIMS.
we hope you'll give urgent attention to this mail byy contacting your claims agent Paul Zuma at 1-289-888-1394 Mon-Fri, 9am-7pm, Sat 9 am-4pm ET. NOTE: all prize money must be claimed not later then April 17th 2007 at which any unclaimed funds shall be forfeited. Once again congratulations from all our staff and thank you for your trust in our services.
Sincerely VICTORIA DAWKINS
CO-OPERATE DIRECTOR GENERAL.

*this all sounded so real to me... Seariously, I am un educated and cant spell or read that great, so when I was reading this it all looked so perfesional.... I am still not sure if there are any mis spellings. But Thank god my mamma taught me NEVER to trust what is not believable.... Too bad too. I could have REALLY used that money. I am on the verge of being aviceted. and if that money was real. I could have bin just fine..
You never think its gonna happen to you, until it does. and then everything just sucks when U find its nothing but lies....
Thank you to all that reserced and also had there own experiences with this... Without this info, I may have actully deposted this check and went along with it.... and garenteed I would have went down for this... seariously~ :) [/u]

Post subject: elite financail inc
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 11:39 pm 

got one of those bad real checks today . your right chuck it does look real but something in the back of your mind says something is wrong with this picture. so we looked it up and found this page. thanks for confirming whdat we already thought this is a scam. :cry: did you know that the name and symbol on the check is for a real mortgage place but they aren't in new jersey. hope they don't sucker anyone in cause like you said people could use the money.

Post subject: elite financial inc
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 11:55 am 

My name is Jason Roberts....I manage Elite....We have one office in Ofallon MO....We are a mortgage company....i have received over 100 calls about this scam...we have nothing to do with this and have reported this to both the attorney general as well as i personally called the winnipeg police department because that is where the phone number that was on one of the letters went...somebody stole our logo and is using it on the letters

Post subject: Re: elite financial inc
PostPosted: Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:36 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

jroberts@elitefinancialin wrote:
...somebody stole our logo and is using it on the letters

This scam has many victims . . . the people who get the letters and the companies that get their information or logos stolen and used in these scams.

Do you have a website? Have you posted anything on there that your logo and company name has been stolen and is being used by scammers?

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

Post subject: Tower Processing Center, Cantech Industries, Inc.
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:59 am 

I received one as well. My guard came up when I noticed the stamp on the envelope was Canada 93, my letter was from Tower Processing Cener in St. Thomas Virgin Islands which stated I was a winner of their "monthly Global Draw held in Dublin, Ireland and that I needed to call Susan Edwards, an accredited agent of United Kingdom Random Lotto AND my check was from Cantech Industries, Inc. in Johnson City, Tennessee AND the bank it was drawn on was Sun Trust Bank in Nashville, N.A. or Sevierville, TN. I immediately wondered why there were so many different locations being used, and none of them more than once in this simple mailing? The check looks great. Watermark and all. I did not call anyone, yet, other than the number in the letter. I got some men with heavy accents who kept telling me "please hold on a moment" after I told them I was calling about a letter I received. Then Mr. Williamson instructed me to deposit the check and hurry. He wondered why I hadn't yet. He said "as soon as you deposit it, call us and we can get your funds released after you follow our instructions." I said, "Why can't you go ahead and give me those instructions now? He said he could not, and actually it would be Sharon Howard who I would have to speak with. She was the only one with clearance to release my funds. The whole time, I was never asked my name, my check amount, vendor # on the check, nor my reference number. I realized then that this must have been a mass mailing. Mr. Williamson was disgusted I was asking so many questions and keeping him on the phone so long.

Anyway, I have copies of my letter, check and envelope to help assist anyone out there who is investigating this or who needs more documentation for this case that I can email.

I, too, am glad I found this forum before I deposited it like my husband wanted me to. Even if I had deposited it, I was not going to send them any money.

What happens if someone takes this check to a check cashing place and gets the cash? What if someone turns this check over for payment of some kind on an account? Has anyone called these people and let them know they received a check, but in order for them to send the fees, the check originators would have to put a stop payment on the check and wire transfer the funds instead? What kind of possible excuse could they give to not wire transfer the funds? (other than the account is a fraud and they have no money.)

Please feel free to contact me (by using the PM or email links below) if you are working on a case against these or any related people.

Post subject: North Americcan Utilities draw - CHECK SCAM
PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:00 pm 

I received a letter stating that I was the winner of $46,500.00 USD as the winner of the North American Utilities draw selected through a computer ballot system drawn from thousands of telephone numbers and utilitiy bills. Along with the letter came a check for $3,200.00 and a phone number to call. I was to contact Mr. Anthony Owens or Mrs. Sylvia Watts at 1-306-351-2764. I spoke with "Mr. Owens" sho assured me this was legit and was told to deposit the check and call back when the check cleared. Well, the check DOES NOT CLEAR!... DO NOT DEPOSIT THE CHECK!!!. Thankfully, I did some research before depositing the check and found out it is bogus. After several days, "Mr. Owens" called me back and told me the check cleared on his end and that I was supposed to wire $2,390.00 to a Ms. Rose Turney in Montreal to cover taxes and other fees.
I told him I knew it was a fraud and he then told me to go f... myself along with some other choice words. I have called back several times to hassle him and he still answers his phone, which is kind of fun. Anyway, the number I was told to call is in British Columbia, the address to wire the money is in Quebec, the address on the letter is in Nova Scotia and the phone number is from Ontario!!
Remember, you NEVER have to pay anything to claim a legitimate lottery winning. In addition, if you are an American citizen, you CAN NOT win a Canadien lottery unless you go to Canada and buy a ticket.

Post subject: $2996.00 check from Public Relations
PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2007 1:04 pm 

Just received check yesterday from Public Relations. Drafted on Tampa Postal Federal Credit Union. I have called the bank, they stated it is fraudulant and the FBI has been made aware. The letter lists Consumer Care Reward and selected from Residential/Industrial Utilities Consumer Compensation. Phone number is valid. Do not be fooled! Warn your family and friends!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2007 12:29 pm 

I received this email yesterday....I googled some of the info contained in the email...and this site was listed...So here is the email I received:

Date: 4/15/2007 7:49:44 PM
Subject: IMPORTANT NOTICE ! (Contest Department)

We are please to announce you as one of the 5 lucky winners in the Publishers Clearing House draws held for April 2007. All five winners
address were randomly selected from a batch of 10,000,000 international emails. Your email address emerged alongside 4 others as a category 2 winner in this year's weekly Publishers Clearing House

Consequently, you have therefore been approved for a total pay out of ?250,000(Two hundred and fifty thousand pounds) only. The following particulars are attached to your lotto payment order:

(i) Winning numbers: xx-xx-xx-xx-xx-xx
(ii) email ticket number:FL 750/01/76
(iii) lotto code number:FL09602UK
(iv) Ref number:FL/04/832907397/uk

Please contact the under listed claims officer as soon as possible for the immediate release of your winnings:

Mrs Melissa Kelvinson
Email: melissa_kelvinson@yahoo.co.uk
Tel:+447011148608

For security purpose and clarity, we advise that you keep your winning information confidential until your claims have been processed and your money remitted to you due to some mix up of names and email addresses. This is part of our security protocol to avoid double claiming and unwarranted abuse of this program by some participants.

1. NAME:.........2. ADDRESS: .........3. gender:........4. AGE.......5. MARITAL STATUS:........
6. OCCUPATION:..............7. INDICATE PREFERRED MODE OF PRIZE COLLECTION:(A)COURIER DELIVERY (B)PICK UP (C)BANK TRANSFER.
8. E-MAIL.......9. TELEPHONE NUMBER: ..............10. WINNING NUMBER: ..... B. EMAIL TICKET NUMBER: .............
11. LOTTO NUMBER: ........12. REF NUMBER: ...........13.STATE :.......14. COUNTRY..........

!!!Once Again Congratulations !!!
Yours faithfully,

Jane Ferguson
Contest Department for Publishers Clearing House
Sweepstakes International Program.

Have done nothing with it...for I assume it is a scam.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 10:25 am 

Hello all.

My husband just received the letter and check. It was dated June 25th, 2007, so these folks are still alive and kicking. I'm taking measures to contact the authorities and such. Thanks to all the folks here for providing so much input.

Company: Laruz Finance Incorporated

Address: 1460 West, 11 Avenue, St-Joseph Virgin Island 00543

Scam: Monthly Global Draw held in Manchester, England

Claim Agent: Gina Reed

Phone #: 1-902-412-3002

Director of Claims: Lindsey Butler

Check Logo Company: Fidelitone Logistics

Check Amount: $2940.30 USD

Post subject: Re: Global Processing Group potential scam?
PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:26 pm 

I received a similar letter and check for $4500 saying I need to contact my assigned claims agent for further instructions. They want me to deposit the check and send a money gram for $2980 to a lady in Halifax Nova Scotia for taxes on the winnings of $450,000. Out of curiosity I deposited the check and it has shown as cleared the next day but I have contacted the bank and expect it to bounce. It was from Veridian Group, a division of Citi Financial Services. I called Citi and they have never heard of them nor can I find them anywhere on the web. I would like to get a hold of these people... :evil:

Post subject: Re: Global Processing Group potential scam?
PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:41 pm 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

I just received an email from a television show who is looking for Lottery Scam Victims to speak out. You would have to show your face and give your name, but this could really help a LOT of people! Every time that we get the word out there in the media there is another person who learns about these scams and then they do not become a victim.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15