ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Tue Mar 19, 2024 6:00 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next
 Post subject: Global Processing Group potential scam?
PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2006 10:12 pm 

Hi guys I'm here to ask if any of you guys ever heard of Global Processing Group from 4500 scott st, P.O Box 1010 St thomas. Virgin Islands. 0080-1890?

I recieved a letter in my mailbox stating that I am a winner of a August 2006 sweepstakes drawing for $50,000 USD. It stated that I was selected though a computer ballot system dran from readers digest, publishers clearing house, computer games , sweepstakes data base, from australia, new zealand, europe, north and south america, south africa and asia as a international promotions program that is conducted monthly.

Enclosed in the letter was a check for $2962.30 USD that I deposited already to my account because in the letter it saids that I must deposit it in my bank account only to pay for taxes and international fees and that the remaining balance of the $50,000 USD price will be payed out to me upon the receipt of my processing and tax fees.

The letter also has a Claim number and a phone number and name of the claims agent I need to talk to once I recieve the letter can you guys tell me if this is legit or not based on what I just told you.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 10:44 am 
COUNTERFEIT.............call you bank, let them know, you will be charged a return deposit fee

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 1:20 pm 

Thanks I just called the bank and they toldme I need to go to the bank I deposited the money at in person and see if its not too late to cancel the deposit and if it is she told me when I get my funds availible to withdraw it and call a fraud agency number that she gave me and explain to them the situation.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2006 2:47 pm 
DO NOT WITHDRAW ANY MONEY............break off contact with the scammers

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2006 9:50 pm 

I got the exact same letter and check (same $) on Sat. and was searching for scam info. seems weird.
I was going to ask the bank. I called and a very vague
girl said "congratulations you are one of 27 winners"., "just deposit the check and call me right after..." When I began to ask questions she put me on a very long hold., and then the line was eventually disconnected. Too weird to be anything.?
Iwas thinking of calling Redears Digest,, Publishers, etc., to inquire about their award money distribution. What happened to you demon82 84???
Please let me know.
Joey

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 11:17 am 

:? I also received this letter as well as my father-in-law. the phone number I was given reverse look ups to "a land line based in Halifax, NS" ( Nova Scotia) and "the registered seervice proiver is Fido Solutions"

Post subject: GLOBAL PROCESSING GROUP
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:14 pm 

i also got the same letter. I just got off the phone with the lady who's name appears on the letter as Andrea Cohen. I did reverse search and the number is listed in halifax ns. I told the lady i would call her back since i did not have the check on hand and she needed some info from the check. The company says it's in the Virgin Islands but the number is in Nova Scotia. Sounds too wierd. Anyone with more info please reply i would like to have more info on them, and shut them down!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 1:18 pm 

Demon84 wrote:
Thanks I just called the bank and they toldme I need to go to the bank I deposited the money at in person and see if its not too late to cancel the deposit and if it is she told me when I get my funds availible to withdraw it and call a fraud agency number that she gave me and explain to them the situation.

What ever happened with bank? Where u able to cancel the deposit or withdraw the money? can you give me the fraud agency number?
Thanks

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:24 pm 

This is too weird...I received the same check and letter on Saturday.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 3:29 pm 

HWorth wrote:
This is too weird...I received the same check and letter on Saturday.

Did you call the lady Andrea Cohen? And if you did what did she say?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:37 pm 

The name on the bottom of my letter was Dr. Jennifer White and the Claims agent is Larry Clark. I did call and was told that I had won $50,000 and as soon as I deposited the check into my account I needed to call them back so that they could tell me where to send the fees to.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 4:44 pm 

HWorth wrote:
The name on the bottom of my letter was Dr. Jennifer White and the Claims agent is Larry Clark. I did call and was told that I had won $50,000 and as soon as I deposited the check into my account I needed to call them back so that they could tell me where to send the fees to.

Yup Dr. Jennifer White is at the bottom, but my agent is Andrea Cohen. These people are probably holed up somewhere sitting around phone lines waiting for people to call so they can scam them. I'm still not sure about this, but i am going to have some fun with this. You should call them tomorrow and tell them that you deposited the check, and ask them what the next step is. I am going to do the same. Let's see where this leads. We should all do this, there are a couple of us who have received this letter. But one thing is certain, no one should cash these checks. And if some one does let me know what happens. lol

Post subject: Weird....
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:24 pm 

Thats so funny, I got the same letter yesterday and I called today and deposited the check. My ladys name was Vanessa Moore. Thats just crazy that other people have gotten the same letter. Well, I guess If the funds are there, I'll just use them to pay some bills. Let me know how it goes...

Post subject: Re: Weird....
PostPosted: Tue Sep 26, 2006 9:26 pm 
Babygurly85 wrote:
Thats so funny, I got the same letter yesterday and I called today and deposited the check. My ladys name was Vanessa Moore. Thats just crazy that other people have gotten the same letter. Well, I guess If the funds are there, I'll just use them to pay some bills. Let me know how it goes...

You spend that money, you will owe the bank when that check is returned counterfeit. Bad idea

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2006 8:59 am 

Has anyone called them and told them that the check is deposited and now they are ready to receive the rest of the money? i curious to see what happens?

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 223 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 15  Next