There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 9:09 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Scammed from Spain
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2004 2:24 pm 

To Whom It May Concern:

I received a letter on June 5, 2004, from a man that supposed to be an agent for the El Gordo Spanish lottery. This letter stated that I had won the lottery in the 3rd Category. This man name is Martin Camacho. He claims that his agency bought the lottery ticket on my behalf, and that there had been a mix up in the lottery numbers and my ticket won the lottery. Well you can imagine how excited I was when the letter came so I contacted Martin Comacho immediately. He convinced me that this was a real win in the lottery, so we had a lot of phone conversations, to determine how I wanted my money sent to me. After we got that settled, then he asked me for $980.00 USD that he said was for a processing fee, and UPS shipping fees to bring the check to my house. After a few more conversations, I sent the processing fee and he said that I would receive my check on Monday June 9. When Monday passed, I called him again and told him that I did not get the check and that is when he told me about the bank handling fee of $1,350.00 to release the check, which was a lot more than the processing fee and that’s when I started getting suspicious of him, so I wanted to talk to someone from the bank, so Martin Camacho got real upset when I asked to speak to a Banker about the check, he had someone call me, supposedly from the Bank of Madrid Spain. This guy that I spoke with said his name was Carlos Raul Sanchez. Carlos Raul Sanchez claimed he had the lottery check there at the bank and he was waiting for the fee to be paid to release the check. So after a few more conversations with Martin Camacho, he convinced me that there really was a lottery check, so I sent the bank fee for the check to be released to me and I still do not have a lottery check.

So I want to alert people in the USA that this is a lottery scam that is run by a man using an alias name of Martin Camacho, that claims to be an agent for the El Gordo Spanish Lottery. He has a team of people working with him that are all very convincing that it is a real win in the lottery. Since I am retired and on a fix income, I borrowed the money from my family to pay this man and now have lost $2,500.00, which to me is a huge sum of money. I’m trying to get my money back that I sent to Martin Camacho, and his Secretary Vincent Gomez, whom I was told picked up the money. So I am warning the American people not to be a victim of this lottery scam. I’m in contact with the F.B.I. in trying to retrieve my money back that I sent to Martin Camacho and Vicente Gomez that is suppose to be Martin’s Secretary. It is a lottery scam, so before you become a victim of this scam, check with the F. B.I. in the USA and investigate these web sites because I’m sure that you will find this scam or something similar. Remember the rule if they are asking for money up front for something that you have supposedly have won then it is a scam.

Post subject: Re: Scammed from Spain
PostPosted: Mon Jul 12, 2004 4:08 am 
Gold Member

Barbara Faggett wrote:
I’m in contact with the F.B.I. in trying to retrieve my money back that I sent . . .

Forget it. You have NO chance.

Remember firstly that you can never win a lottery in which you did not take part.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:46 pm 

The FBI and the Secret Service will not help yes it is their job to but the refuse. Dont waste your time, you can make a complaint but do not expect a miracle.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jul 15, 2004 7:56 am 
FBI and Secret Service along with Postal Inspectors do what they can on these type of scams. The money is picked up usually within 2 hours of the victim sending money. False ID is used to verify the receiver leading to a deadend. There are not enoough agents in all the fedeeral agencies combined to stakeout all the possible sites where money can be wired. There are no fingerprints no names no real IP addresses no way to tell who really picked up the wire. Add that to the priorities placed on FBI (terrorism) Secret Service (Protection) etc... and that is the reason why so few people are apprehended. If you want real results get congress involved. They pass laws and federal Regulations which could make Western Union, Moneygram etc... responsible formaking sure that wires are returnable if fraud can be proven. Western Union is in the money laundering business if they can't recover the money....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 17, 2004 12:52 pm 

Annonymous Fed I fully agree with you here to an extent, I do agree that laws need to be passed to make these services accountible if they cannot prove the ID of the person that picks up the money. I believe that all financial transactions need a fingerprint on them, if you go to WU or Moneygram they should have a space on the sheet you write on to put a thumbprint or something and that sheet should legally have to be held like other legal documents for up to 7 yrs.

You know Annonymous Fed there are plenty of good people who know how these jerks operate out there who would be more than willing to help a task force , most would probably do it volunteer. I as a victim simply do not take, " We are understaffed " as an excuse to refuse to even talk to a victim or take a complaint from one. That is one way that I see our govt offices as cold hearted. These people reach out for help, God forbid they go to the local police , they might wind up arrested for something they didnt do. So they reach out to other offices who turn them away. That is not condusive of creating faith in law enforcement in the people here in the US.

I know that these cases lead to many dead ends, but at least try, at least show your offices care.

Post subject: Lottery scams
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 11:06 am 
Quote:
I have recently recieved a letter from madrid spain the lottery name was"EUROLINE GRUPO SEGURIDAD SA" the address was "C/SERRANO,N123-127,28080 MADRID SPAIN. Phone#01134628667587,Foreign Operations Manager "JAMES EDWARD"If you recieve this letter BEWARE it is a fraud,they say you have won a large amount of money from a drawing and consequently your ticket won $815,960.00USD"UNITED STATES DOLLARS".They want you to wire $1099.00USD to CBC Banking Corporation. Madrid Branch Code: BLN2525 to claim your prize.Western Union "cannot" guarantee you will get your money back.Americans are being taken advantage of everyday by these "MADRID SPAIN FAKE LOTTERY'S".Why cant are Government help put a stop to this maddness.My best advice is dont trust any foreign lotterys.They will take your money and you will get nothing in return.They also have a Payment Confirmation unit 34628890000 a Mr.Frank Chris or a Mrs.Sandra Blaco to contact if you have any questions.This may all look legit,but its not. Beware of these fake lotterys from Madrid Spain.If you have any questions please contact me at email DianaRichard@aol.com
Always remember when winning a legit lottery you never have to pay any money except taxes absolutely no kind of transfer fees ever.Thank you for your time,please be very careful when dealing with foreign lotterys.Why not stick to the good ol American Hoosier Lotterys.One last big clue if you recieve a letter from a foreign lottery with no return address "fraud".If it seems to good to be true it usually is.Especially when dealing with "MADRID SPAIN"lotterys.I haven't heard of one that is legit.

' [
    list]
    [/list]

Post subject: El-Gordo Lottery S.A.
    PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 3:16 pm 
    Oh my gosh, i just received this letter today on May 12, 2005. It says I have won $785,510 in Euros. I thought this sounded fishy, but have a cousin that travels over there frequently. Thought he might have bought a ticket for me. If it's too good to be true, it usually is.
    The claims agent name is: Mr. Frank Rogers, foreign operations manger of La Estrella S.A. De Seguros on telphone number 011 34 670 268 468.

Am not calling, but if law enforcement is keeping track of these posts, please check this one out. Am saving the letter for a while.

How could I possible win a lottery that I have never purchased a ticket for. Doesn't make sense, now does it?

Post subject: BEWARE OF SCAM FROM SPAIN
    PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2005 8:34 pm 
    :twisted: There is indeed a scam being perpetuated in the USA and other regions of the world that is generated from supposed Madrid Spain. Judging from the telephone calls and faxes this scam is at least being routed thru Madrid. The SCAM I am refering to is the Euromillones Lottery Euro Grupo Seguridad SA. Madrid. Your winning numbers were supposed to be computer generated and your email address was chosen a winner of a sizeable sum of US Dollars. The only sizeable US Dollars that are being made are those the THIEFS are being sent from naive unsuspecting US Citizens and other Citizens around the World that send them money. Should you choose to participate you are guilty of one thing, MONEY LAUNDERING, and the sad part is you are LAUNDERING YOUR OWN MONEY. I say this because when the THIEFS pick up your money, it is clean as a whistle and they are off in the wind converting your money to another currency, could be the Euro or the British Pound, Japanese Yen, or any number of other currencies available around the world. BEWARE All, not only US Citizens but ALL Citizens of the World. These THIEVES are unscrupulous and will tell you ANY LIE you wish to HEAR in order to STEAL your money! US Citizens are TARGETED primarily because the US Dollar typically performs very well in the World Market, if not today, then tomorrow,or two days from now, as currency values flucuate dailey. If you have participated to the point of, they have ask that you keep your winnings confidential which is one of the first things asked and they have asked that you send them your telephone number(s), your fax number and proof of identification, such as an International Drivers License, a Passport or State Drivers License or State Identification, via fax most likely along with your banking information to one of these numbers, +34 6 95088989 or +34 6 30165177. You will then recieve a faxed letter stating that the funds have been cleared for dispursment. You are then instructed to contact the Supposed Fiduciary from the Bank (the bank being) The CBC BANKING CORPORATION Private International Banking Madrid Branch BLN2525 Telephone +34 6 18570588 and Fax +34 6 18570587, well these are the numbers for today they well may be different tomorrow. (I have not been able to verify CBC as being a Bank at all) You are to do exactly as the bank Fiduciary instructs you to do in order to collect your winnings. At this time your contact will advise that you are to send a sum of money that could be between $1000.00 US dollars or any other currency that is performing well in the world market, up to whatever amount they decide they might be able to get from you. You are to then call most likely the Lottery Fiduciary or claims agent in this case Mr. J Martins to arrange where the funds are to be sent and to Whom they should be made. Some of the names involved with this SCAM and these are most likely ficticous, (perhaps not) however I will give them anyway Mrs. Mary Jones (Co-coordinator) Mr. J. Martins (Fiduciary), may also be known as Your Claims Agent, Bank Contacts, Mrs. Millagros Fernandez (Swift Payment Unit) Mr. Richard Bilton (Payment Confirmation Unit) The funds you are being requested to send are supposed IVA (TAX) or could be any number of other fees such a surity bond to protect your funds from theft, fees associated with having a check drawn for you, carrier fees, or fees for secure delivery of funds to your address. What ever you do, DO NOT GIVE THESE PEOPLE YOUR BANKING INFORMATION and if you are a US Citizen your SS number, fore if you do, you will WAKE UP TOMORROW BROKE!, as these people will STEAL every dollar you have and your Identity will MOST DEFINITLY be in GRAVE DANGER. I Hope this is of help to all US Citizens and all other Citizens around the world that are reading this statement. I have spent several days tracing, tracking and trapping these people now if only we could find them and give them exactly what they deserve. (Use your own imagination here) Those that have been effected by this scam It would definitely be good if you were to contact the FBI, the State Department and or Your Congressman in the USA. Interpoll for Europe and the UK as well as the Police in Madrid and the Government of Spain as well as the UNITED NATIONS and WORLD COUNCIL to try and apprehend these THIEVES to deliver them the JUSTICE they so richly deserve.

Post subject:
    PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 7:26 am 
    very interesting...ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Post subject:
    PostPosted: Wed May 18, 2005 3:03 pm 

Quote:
    MONEY LAUNDERING, and the sad part is you are LAUNDERING YOUR OWN MONEY

Can you explain further? It sounds like you are only guilty of falling for an unfortunate scam by these clowns! Thanks for your heads up!

Post subject:
    PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 12:54 am 
    i got the same from maRIO MUNEZ YOU KNOW IT IS A SCAM IF ANYONE
    WANT MY WINNING YOU CAN HAVE IT JUST SEND ME 2500.00
    FOR MY TIME HAHAHAHAHAHAHAH I WANT TO SEE HOW MANY WILL
    SEND ME 2500.00HAHAHAHAH

Post subject:
    PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2005 9:52 pm 

I will gladly take your winnings off your hands, but 2500.00 is a little too steep will you take 25.00 down payment and an IOU for the remainder? I promise to give you the rest when the riches come my way/ LOL :twisted:

Post subject:
    PostPosted: Thu Jun 09, 2005 2:03 pm 

I was almost a victim of sending money to that but the guy was demanding money from me and what you wrote sounds just like my situation as mine.

Heres what i was wrots this is one of the paragraphs.

Your fund is now deposited with a security company insured in your name. Due to mixed up of some numnbers and names, we ask that you keep this award from public notice until your claim had been processed and your money remitted to your nominated account, as this is a part of our security protocol to avoid double claiming or unwarranted taking advantage of this program by participants. All participants were selected throug a computer ballot system drawn from 25,000 names from USA, New Zealand, Europe, Africa and asia as part of our end of year international program, Which we conduct once every year. we hope with apart of your prize money, you will take part in our mid year (summer) high stake euro 1.6 billion international lottery.

ANTONIO GARCIA PERAL,
    VICE PRESIDENT

This is what i got atleast part of the letter.

Post subject: Re: Lottery scams
    PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 11:09 pm 
    :D
    Thanks for your help cause I shore was about to send 1200 euros to spain just like an idiot. but it seems as if they are using diffrent names now.
    They have them scams set up nice dont they.
    I must of talked to atleast 3 or 4 people but it was kinda crazy that I didnt talk to euroimillion lottery my self that was kind of saspicious

thank you anyway lavar

p/s I got names too

harris pinto/ int'l remittance/ telex dept
    maria carlos / euroglobal security s.a

Post subject: maybe...
    PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2005 2:50 pm 
    ...I can help.
    I just got this same lottery scam from Euromillones. Immediatelly I was sceptic so I searched out this names on the internet which led me to this site, for which I am thankfull, since obviously I dont have to pursue this matter anymore. But, I have not contacted these individuals at all because I thought there could be a scam in even talking to them on my phone bill. So, wouldn't it be possible for me to cooperate with a law enforcement agency, and try to claim my prize while having the law enforcement agency tracing the whole thing and perhaps ambush the individual at the agreed site to pickup the money?
    I am just brainstorming, I have no real knowledge of how these agencies work or how these individuals work. If anyone has any knowledge....post it.