ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:44 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Received a check from Payment Systems International
PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2005 10:56 pm 

I received a check, that looks real to me along with a letter from Payment Systems International stating that I won a lottery/sweepstakes in the amount of 1,210.500.00, that is split between 15 people and I have actually won a lump sum payment of 80,700.00........has anyone ever heard of this being a scam??? I took the check to the bank and asked them to hold it for 7 days and not to put any money into my account....so I was hoping to have some info....If this is a scam I would like to get the check back and have it turned in for investigation!!! I am in dier need of the funds right now....so I was sure this was an answered prayer, but after reading some things from this site.....I'm getting worried that I'm being scammed!!! Please Help!

Thanks,
Mommy9699

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 6:11 am 

First of all did you buy a ticket for the lottery stated in the letter??? You did not win any lottery. I understand the wanting to believe this is true but as a victim myself I know that the let down at the end is far worse after they have scammed money from you. The check will come back as fraudulent even though it might take up to a couple months. By that time you will have had to send money to the scammers from the check which the bank will deposit into your account after their hold time. Once the check comes back the bank will then debit your account for the amount of the check and if you have taken money out you will be held responsible for this amount at the least or as some have found out be charged with a crime and face legal trouble. Please take a copy of the letter you received to the bank immediately and tell them you think it is a possible scam. This will at least show them that you are being up front on things.

The blessing here is that you investigated and could be saving yourself from a lot of heartache if you send any money to the scammer and become responsible for it afterwards.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2005 7:12 am 
Scam, sorry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Oct 08, 2005 10:39 pm 

FACTS: Yes it is a scam ----- NO there is no real lottery and no money.

They throw these letters out there like water and randomly send out checks in hopes of latching onto someone who is desprate enough to need the money and cash the checks.

The check will come back counterfeit and you could be in real trouble if you use any of that money . Dont touch the money if it was credited to your account, tell your bank that it is most likely counterfeit based on what you have read online and that you will not touch the money in your account just to be safe.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2005 1:21 pm 

Thank you all for the input....You were right it was a scam....after reading this I researched the bank and talked to the head of security after going back in forth a bit she told me it was a counterfiet check....my bank still had it in possession so we had the check sent to the bank it was written on along with the letter sent along with it.....The bank had 50 other checks that were Identical come in the same day....so thank you all so much....I really needed that money, but it's not worth going to jail over!!!

Thanks Again,
*huggs*
Mommy9699