ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:22 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Its Finally Done
PostPosted: Sun Jul 25, 2004 9:30 pm 

After almost a year of research between Nigerian Scams and Idnentity Theft I have completed my first book! Woohoo! Due for release at the end of the month: " Don't Let This Happen To You" America's Identity Theft Nightmare .

It feels so good to take some of this pent up energy and put it into a direction that will help so many.

Update: Official site is http://www.idtheftnightmare.com

Last edited by KarynSolo on Wed Jul 28, 2004 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 10:44 am 
Gold Member

Congrats Karyn!!!!
Tell us a little about the book.
How can people buy it?
I'm sure it's going to help people who have been harmed and have been looking for some advice and a "How To" toward recovery.
More info, please!!
Cheers,
Churchmouse

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jul 26, 2004 6:23 pm 

I will post the link to buy it soon , working on getting the buttons linked right now.

The book is the result of much research into the subject, it goes from explaining ID theft, to how it is perpetrated, What to look out for, how to safeguard yourself, as well as if you are a victim what to do, what steps to take and understanding the recovery process.

The pdf version has clickable links to help resources including this board.

Some victim accounts are included in the book based on results of interviews I conducted and complaints I have received from victims searching out help.

I went into detail with this book but kept the language educational.

You can view information about the book at http://www.idtheft.theteach.net Hope this helps a bit.

There are more up and coming books: Already working on " 419 Your Busted" Exposing nigerian scams! Following that some technical publications to teach law enforcement how to spot and deal properly with nigerian scams and prevent re-victimizations. All of which I have publisher interest in, so though they are in the future I look forward to keeping up the work and educating as many as possible on how to not be taken in by these schemes.