ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 11:13 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Working With Credit Bureaus
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2006 4:32 pm 

Watch your bureau reports and also contact check systems make sure you are not listed in there with negatives too. If there are any items on your reports that are not yours, simply write the bureaus and dispute those items as part of the identity theft that occurred. Keep on them, they dont always like to cooperate but remember the Fair Credit Reporting Act demands that they prove or remove the item with in 30 days + mailing time which is usually 7 days. You want Signature proof for the accounts in question.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 5:41 am 

I have read most all of your postings and I have to say that you are very knowledgable in the area of how to protect oneself in regards to identity theft. However, I do find your attacks on pre-paid legal to be quite offensive. My daughter had her personal information compromised and the Identity Theft Shield has proven to be a valuable service. I also feel that you have no business criticizing people who endorse pre-paid legal and accuse them of attempting to SELL PPL. As I have observed your FOR PROFIT books are always listed on this site. So please ... no more the pot calling the kettle black! Im offended. :shock:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 8:37 pm 

FYI I have spoken to the PPL people and straightened things out with them, we are at a status quo so to speak and it is someone's individual choice to use them or not. I had their contract reviewed by experts and there is some crafty loopholes within it, but if people still choose to take part in paying for that service then it is by individual choice. As for my book you have NO idea how valuable the information in it is going to be to the readers, and there is a reason why media is picking up on it. the book is to help not only prevent victimizations but also educate the readers on exactly what happens to your identity when it is stolen and how it is used in ways you would NEVER imagine.

BEFORE you go attacking me you should have PM'd me first

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2006 9:22 am 
Site Admin/Co-Founder

I would rather read a book by someone who has been through the pain of these scams than get legal advise from someone who just answered an ad for a work at home job. ANYONE can go to a PPL site and sign up to become a rep . . . no thanks! I want my legal advice from someone who has gone to Law School or has walked in my shoes.

Share your story with the media and educate others about scams! Details here http://scamvictimsunited.com/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?f=28&t=6319
Sign our petition http://www.change.org/actions/view/crea ... s_programs
Follow our blog http://scamvictimsunited.wordpress.com/
Find us on Twitter, Facebook and more http://www.retaggr.com/page/ShawnMosch

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2006 9:36 pm 

Thanks Shawn :) I couldnt of said it better. Sometimes the best help can come more from someone who has lived it , than someone who has not been trained and just handed a kit on how to sell a product or a service. I dont knock anyone for trying to make an honest living, that isnt the issue, but what I do object to is services making promises to consumers that is unrealiztic.

Nobody can ever be 100% protected from Identity Theft, shoot the dead arent even safe. I object to companies making it seem as though we have an iron clad shield around us by purchasing their protective services or insurance plan, when reality is no matter how much you do to protect yourself if a thief wants your good name he/she will get it!!!! You will be hurt financially and you will have to straighten it all out! False hope is what sells services but it doesnt make the pain any less when someone becomes a victim, and it can backfire when what is presented for sale does not live up to what the consumer perceives it to be because of advertising that fluffs up the product.

Example: Ad claims that you are 100% backed against Identity Theft
You as a consumer takes it to mean that you have 100% protection .

Example: Ad says Learn today how to throw a roadblock in a thief's way.
the consumer expects to be educated and encouraged to be proactive.