ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:02 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Hope For Victims Of Romanian Scams
PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2005 11:00 am 

There is good news for those who have been victim of Romanian scammers doing eBay scams and phishing/identity theft.

Romania has entered into an agreement with the European Union to become a member in 2007; but one of the requirements that must be met is to deal with corruption and cyber fraud, that is rampant in Romania.

The Romanian government and the FBI have worked together and set up a site http://www.efrauda.ro where victims of Romanian frauds can go and file a report on-line; and this report can be used as evidence against the fraudsters without the victim having to go to Romania. It is reccomended that you first file a local police report and reference it in your report to efrauda.

The Romanian frauders operate mostly doing phoney auctions on eBay and Alibaba. They quiet frequently hijack eBay accounts belonging to real eBay customers and use those to scam from. They auction non-existant items and often contact bidders off-forum on second-chance offers. They also want their payment sent via Western Union to different names and addresses in the UK and Italy usually.

As a Law Enforcement Officer I am working with a team of informants from around the world who monitor the activities of the Romanians and Nigerians and provide information on those activities to me, so that the information can be sent to police agencies in the US, Canada, Uk and Romania.

Through the efforts of those informants, we have been able to identify and report tens of thousands of stolen identities since the first of 2005. Just last month one of my informants discovered a Romanian scammer in possession of 98 pages of stolen credit card/identity information.

We urge all who have had their identity stolen by the Romanian scammers to file a report with http://www.efrauda.ro and I must be honest with you, that you should not expect to recover any money lost. But these reports can result in the scammer who defrauded you being arrested and prevent them from doing the same thing to others.

edit: I forgot to add that on the Romanian Efrauda site look to the far right a few lines from the top and you will see ENGLISH just click on that word to get the English version of the site, unless you read Romanian. In case you do read Romanian I am in need of a volunteer to translate items written by the scammers.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 14, 2005 12:02 am 

Well how about those apples! Its about time!!!! thanks so much for the update, this is good news.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 10:03 pm 

Detective G. has not been here for awhile. He informed me that eFrauda.ro is now 80% corrupt. When arrests are about to be made, the criminals at eFrauda are tipping-off the Romanian scammers.

The ones that ARE arrested by eFrauda are bribing the judges and walking away from 15-yr sentences.

Don't do business with Romania until they mop-up the scum in their country.
:x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Sep 16, 2005 8:36 pm 

AMEN to that Goatman, they arent worthy of our business if they cannot clean up the scum.