Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:53 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: stay away from buy-vechicle.com
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 1:07 pm 
It is a scam site.

1) There is no phone number, so you can not call them to speak a live person

2) The online support does not work, so one can not get even a reply for a simple question

3) The 'cancel transaction' does not work, once you sent you money to this escrow service, it is gone, you can not have your money back

4) The Verisign certificate is a fake.

5) There is no secure logins and the whole site has no ssl support

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 5:18 pm 

New , it sounds like you have done your homework. How bad did they get you ? or did you foil things before they got your money?

Post subject: suspiscious ad
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 10:11 am 
I am currently looking at a Silver 2001 Honda CR-V, 37,xxx miles. $6,600
(half the market value.) The owner suggests using Buy-vehicle.com. He will pay shipping. Is anyone else in negotiations with this seller?

Post subject: stay away from buy-vechicle.com
PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:33 pm 
It is a scam site.

Do not let them take advantage of human nature: greed.

If something is too good to be true, it is usually something wrong with it.

If he is really going to sell you that car, try to use a legit escrow service that YOU choose, not him.

Post subject: Thanks newscamvictim
PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 12:42 pm 
Thank you, newscamvictim. You saved me. I almost sent this person money. Thanks to your warning I saw through it. It is definately a scam.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 7:35 pm 

When Buying vehicles it is always safer to do an in person transaction locally than through an auction site or a vehicle listing site. That way you can either put the cash in his hands or you can walk away and he can keep his car.

Post subject: Buy-Vehicle.com
PostPosted: Thu Jul 21, 2005 10:55 am 
It is definitely a fake. I got scammed 2k by a guy name James Ashville. Everyone beware of him! He and others working the fake website at Buy-Vehicle must have been in on it together.

I sent an email to them asking them if they had information on the seller in the event he did not deliver the vehicle I was suppose to be purchasing. They emailed back stating they had all his information and not to worry, everything would be just fine. Needless to say, it was too later before I found out the truth. I wired the money and it was taken out of the account. I did contact police in town where the money was tranferred and the person's account that held my money actually lived right in the town! They must not be too bright. Police investigation is going on as I write. I hope to catch these crooks and place them all in jail. I also contacted the better business bureau and informed them of the scam. They contacted me shortly afterwards stating they had just found out about the site an hour earlier.