ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:36 am

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Haha! Nigerian ebay scammer gets his laptop. (fake escrow)
PostPosted: Fri Jul 02, 2004 4:16 am 
What he was expecting on left. What he got on right.

http://www.zug.com/pranks/powerbook/index.html

Post subject: The guy was not Nigerian.... but the story is amazing...
PostPosted: Tue Jul 13, 2004 11:43 pm 
I read the complete story and I also read the forum to the end...
It's simply amazing.... Team-work 110%
Please take your time and read it.... it worth it!

Post subject: Nigeria loves computers!!!
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 5:32 pm 

I have listed a laptop on ebay the past few days. I first was contacted on Sunday by Mr. Remi Adedapo (remi123tt@yahoo.com). He stated a really outrageous price for the pc and I nearly fell for it. He said he would pay via bidpay by western union money order. He was very insistent that I ship immediately upon confirmatio by western union. I checked out the zipcode and it was incorrect. I actually have a friend who is flying to Nigeria on Friday(she works for CARE)..I offered her as an agent to deliver pc in person as long as I had money in hand. Western Union sent me a message that this was unacceptable and tried to sound menacing in their e-mail as to what I had to do. I refused to send pc. I re-listed item again today...I got a person from the Netherlands...Anita Bush(karen1@fastermail.com)...who clicked the buy now option and wanted pc shipped to NIGERIA(correct zip code this time) when I received confirmation from wester union.....what is western union doing about this??? :twisted: :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:07 pm 
Gold Member

what do you expect WU to do about this? How are they meant to stop some scammer sending you a fake bidpay email?
In future, try listing the laptop as 'buy it now' with immediate payment option.

Post subject: fake WU
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2005 6:38 pm 

I listed item with buy it now option...the woman chose the option ..I hope I can relist item..I think listing a buy it now option can jerk you around if you get a fake bid and you cant wriggle out of relisting fee..I should just list it at a starting price and leave it at that......thanks for the help..as a new poster I appreciate it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:03 am 

Beware on ebay with taking paypal payment as well, I have seen a rash of victims that wind up sending an item to a winning bidder who ultimately pays with paypal but with an account generated with a stolen bank account or credit card. The money gets zapped out of the sellers bank account when it comes back unauthorized.

NEVER every pay anyone with for an item with Western Union, Money Gram. Ask Ebay who they suggest as a reputable Escrow service and tell the seller that you want to use the escrow service and the funds will be released when the item arrives and is inspected to make sure it is what you ordered and in the condition listed in the auction ad.