ScamVictimsUnited.com

There is strength in numbers.

Scams in Today's News:

Bookmark and Share
It is currently Mon Mar 18, 2024 11:23 pm

All times are UTC - 6 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Craigs list scam. bike for sale. moneybookers
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 8:52 am 

Here's another bike for sale through moneybookers in Atlanta's craigslist.
if anyone says they have a bike stored at moneybookers warehouse they are full of sh1t
i would never buy a bike without being able to look at it but obviously some people do.
i knew something wasn't right with the deal & then found lots of other scams the same.
e-mails below

Sent: 12 August 2008 13:41:05
To: sale-793084073@craigslist.org

Hello.
i'm really interested in the ninja.
Have you still got it?
Is there any service history?
do you still have origional can with it?

Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 04:48:30 -0700
Subject: Re: Kwaker
Hi,
I live in Ocala I`m currently working in the UK (London) and I`ll be staying here for the next approximately 7 months, anyway I`m using MoneyBookers services so I can sell this bike without difficulty. I left it at their warehouse before leaving to the UK. They are supervising the entire process from payment, shipping with a 14-day inspection period included, returns (if needed) and refunding.
If you want to purchase it, let me know and I will explain you how MoneyBookers works and how we can move forward.
I am waiting your email.
Thanks

Subject: RE: Kwaker, green 636 03
To: jeffsc01@yahoo.com
Date: Wednesday, August 13, 2008, 1:59 PM

is this your bike or are you a dealer? i see you answered to both adds on the ninjas.
How does it run, are there any engine or gear issues,has it ever been crashed?
please give as much info as possible as i'm going to be traveling from Savannah and don't want a wasted 8 hour round trip.
Ocala is just north of Orlando i think and the bike was advertised in the Atlanta craigslist so where's the bike?
Please explain money brokers works and where i have to go to see the bike.
if you don't mind giving me a phone # in London i don't mind calling u.k. i'm from England & living out here for now.
Cheers,
Shoie.

Date: Wed, 13 Aug 2008 23:49:41 -0700

The bike is in great condition, has never been dropped or damaged in any way, the oil has been changed around every 1500 miles with filter by myself. I have also recently replaced the front and rear brake pads too. The tires are in good condition , the battery was replaced two months ago, there`s nothing that needs to be repaired or replaced, the bike is ready to be ridden.

To: jeffsc01@yahoo.com
Date: Thursday, August 14, 2008, 12:15 PM
are you going to give me a number in the u.k & tell me where the bike is so i can look at it!!
please stop wasting my time & dragging this out.

Date: Fri, 15 Aug 2008 04:36:33 -0700
Hi again,
the bike is stored in (at MoneyBookers storage facility). Usually they deliver the products with a 14-day return policy right after the payment is confirmed, for inspection and to pick it up instead of have it delivered you have to schedule an appointment, and it could take up to 25 days until you have it which is more than I`m willing to wait.
If you want to purchase it, let me explain you how MoneyBookers works and how we can proceed:
Your full name and address ( street name&number ,city ,zip code ,country ),your phone number , home phone number.
First name :
Last name:
Address:
City:
Zip Code:
Phone Number:
To start the official transaction I need your full name and delivery address, I forward it to MoneyBookers and they will notify you with all the instructions (payment, shipping, my account status etc.). One of their agents will be assigned to receive and handle the payment. You have to transfer the funds to their agent as per their email directions and when the payment is complete, you have to send them the transfers information, they verify it, deposit the purchase amount in their trust account and start the shipping process. You will have a 14-day return policy, so you will have the chance to test and inspect the bike before funds are released. If you decide to keep it, they have the power of attorney so they will transfer the title into your name and release me the funds, if not they will be responsible for the return shipping and you will have a complete refund within 3 days.
Anyway, they will explain you detailed the entire process.
I am waiting your email.
Thanks

i won't put my final email on here, it's not very nice :evil:

There are lots of these scams out there. please don't get screwed.

Post subject: hi
PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2008 2:27 pm 

just my two cents
bump

Post subject: Re: Craigs list scam. bike for sale. moneybookers
PostPosted: Wed Sep 03, 2008 5:25 pm 

:? This SCAM is still going on. The following is from Motorcycle Scan dot com.
Looks familiar, dont ya think. :?

Wednesday, September 3, 2008 3:03 AM

Hi,
There are 2100 miles on it, the bike is in great condition, has been properly maintained, has never been dropped or abused in any way. It has a clear title and the price I`m selling it for is $2500, which is including all shippings charges.
I live in Ocala I`m currently working in the Romania (Bucharest) and I`ll be staying here for the next approximately 7 months, anyway I`m using MoneyBookers services so I can sell this bike without difficulty. I left it at their warehouse before leaving to the Romania. They are supervising the entire process from payment, shipping with a 14-day inspection period included, returns (if needed) and refunding.
If you want to purchase it, let me know and I will explain you how MoneyBookers works and how we can move forward.
I am waiting your email.
Thanks

On 9/3/08, <tpcspider66@verizon.net> wrote:

Hello Jerry,
I noticed your add for the 1098 for sale on motorcycle scan. Why have you decided to sell? Are the pictures accurate? Have you done any modifications to the bike? Is the price listed on Motorcycle Scan correct?
I look forward to hearing from you.

Thank you

:? Good Luck All & enjoy this shared state of suspicious awareness. :?